Foreigner Robs Bangkok Suburban Bank

webfact

If it is not the German drug trafficker then we may all have a good laugh when it turns out to be an Australian or a North American. coffee1.gif

I think thais believe the world exists only of Europe where farangs come from and Asia where the rest come from. Have a Thai friend who actually thought that America and Australia were in Europe.

you mean they aren't?....blink.png

Oh no. Don't tell me you have just booked a European ski holiday with Somchia Travel and your staying at the Hyatt Miami.smile.png

Oh. Bug***, I knew I should have taken a responsible adult with me, mind you they told me Switzerland was good for skiing 'cause all the lakes are on slopes..w00t.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is not the German drug trafficker then we may all have a good laugh when it turns out to be an Australian or a North American. coffee1.gif

I think thais believe the world exists only of Europe where farangs come from and Asia where the rest come from. Have a Thai friend who actually thought that America and Australia were in Europe.

This is an important point given the Thais lack of real experience of foreigners.. I had a Thai friend, university educated and an excellent English speaker, who called all people with brown or darker skin and not what she perceived to be Asian " Palestinians ". I asked her why she used this description and her answer was " because they look like Palestinians ", I quit while I was ahead.

you mean they aren't?....blink.png
One bit broke off quite some years back.
  • Like 1

To be fair, the "robber" was probably trying to just withdraw from his own account & lost it at all the red tape he had to cut through. The note was probably written on the back of the withdrawal slip he'd been told was incorrectly completed.

• Like 1

I find particulary strange that there i not a lot more bank being attacked like this.

How many times i went to a counter and saw hundreds of thousands baht 30cm from my hand behind the counter, no guard,....

Where i come from the banks have double doors with bells, the cash si never seen....

Robber "Give me the money"

Teller "You have work permit?"

Robber "No, I'm retired"

Teller "Cannot Do"

No so far fetched as once True Visions sent me a free True sim card which I had to have activated at one of their centres but when I tried I was refused unless I produced a work permit. An explanation i was retired and didn't have a job was not accepted and I didn't know how to get a permit to prove I didn't have work.

I know an American who thought that Belgium was a city in France. coffee1.gif

The English sounds like some of the trolls that used to frequent Thaivisa and pretend they were Thais. Perhaps one has fallen on hard times.

Can you check which one was offline around that time ?

• Like 2

"How the heck a "european" looks like?" Like a Palestinian! Many Thai think USA part of Europe, btw. Good for Dlock posting Woody flick. Thought of that too as soon as saw the note. "Me rob you long time"

I know an American who thought that Belgium was a city in France. coffee1.gif

and the Netherlands are a city in Amsterdam

a lot of Americans think Australia is in Europe and couldn't find either on a map

i always thought the banks in the shopping malls seemed like prime targets for a rip off. zero security

This reminds me of the hold up that was foiled when teller started discussing would be bank robber's spelling "I have a gub"... I think that was just a movie scene though and such humor is lost in translation in Thailand.

I hAVe guN

And KNiFe

Fill The bAg

with MONey

QuieTLy

Mixing upper and lowercase letters - these words are most likely not written by a native English speaker/writer.

You'd be surprised just how many native English speakers can't write/write properly... (no joking)

Many more Brits so much more likely to be one of them.

Why the humongous chip on your shoulder?

If it is not  the German drug trafficker then we may all have a good laugh when it turns out to be an Australian or a North American. Posted Image

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If it is not  the German drug trafficker then we may all have a good laugh when it turns out to be an Australian or a North American. Posted Image

I think thais believe the world exists only of Europe where farangs come from and Asia where the rest come from.  Have a Thai friend who actually thought that America and Australia were in Europe.

a lot of Americans think Australia is in Europe and couldn't find either on  a map

i always thought the banks in the shopping malls seemed like prime targets for a rip off. zero security

I've met lots of Brits who still think they still have a great empire not a rump one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I hAVe guN

And KNiFe

Fill The bAg

with MONey

QuieTLy

Mixing upper and lowercase letters - these words are most likely not written by a native English speaker/writer.

If he wrote tho note in proper english lengague, i guess the staff of the bank would not understand what he want.

I hAVe guN

And KNiFe

Fill The bAg

with MONey

QuieTLy

1. He could be trying to appear non-native?

2. He could have just taken an Island TEFL?

giggle.gif