Thailand Elite Card To Be Relaunched In June

webfact

Wasn't this card Thaksin's baby? Does this mean his return is imminent?

No it means that the main man (SIC) has given Yingluck a bollocking for closing the 'HIS Elite Visa Office' (HEVO) (and fireing all of his 'hangers-on' that worked there.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how long until the annual fee is 40k 60k 100k!!

When I once gave my opinion to managers of Thailand Elite, I told them that there should be an annual fee and that the annual fee should be 100k... A fee that I would have been happy to pay.

When I once gave my opinion to managers of Thailand Elite, I told them that there should be an annual fee and that the annual fee should be 100k... A fee that I would have been happy to pay.

why would you be happy to pay 100k a year when you do not have to?

Do you have THAT much money that you just want to give it away?

If yes.. i'm getting married next year .. do you want to come to the wedding rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

Would love to see the IP and DNS host addresses of some of the TROLLS on this forum right now. I suspect not everyone is here in their recreational time, but some are actually posting from offices during paid working hours with full knowledge of their superiors..

If yes.. i'm getting married next year .. do you want to come to the wedding rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

On my latest retirement visa renewal I also suggested that the fee should be 20.000 instead of 1900 whistling.gif

Wrong pricing.

If you charge the Chinese 9,999,999 thb, they will buy it faster than 2,000,000 thb. blink.png

I guess you are being facetious or?

Why would even the Chinese pay nearly B8,000,000 over the odds?rolleyes.gif

Chinese billionaires would not reject an additional 8 Million payment because they know this would reduce the general applications and will increase the elite aspect of the the membership the result of which will make them feel Royal.

If yes.. i'm getting married next year .. do you want to come to the wedding Posted Image Posted Image

To your wedding?

Yes, why not. Thailand Elite members can be nice people too, believe me :)

You are right. There has been a short moment when the renewal of the visa was a bit unsure.

But that was under the Democrat administration. Apparently the Democrats did not agree with the idea of having wealthy foreigners come to Thailand. So, they wanted to close the program to make space for backpackers and families. Or maybe it was just to upset Thaksin, not sure. I don't think that the reason was to make the Thaivisa members happy, but who knows...

Anyway, don't worry! The Democrats are gone now. The program is safe. It will never happen again. And the Elite members are happy... and I am sure that this good news fills your heart with happiness for them too, right?

smile.png

The renewal a bit unsure ? you mean there were none at all?

So the democrats are gone, away for ever, never to return ?

Sweet dreams my friend, but you could wake up to a cold shower next year or the year thereafter when the democrats are reelected, not to say in a few months after the next coup.

I really think you are making something of nothing. (This issue seems to be very personal to you for some reason.) There was a period when the future of the card was in doubt but even when the Democrats were looking to close the scheme they asked the mgmt of TE to look into ways (incl the issue of other types of visas and repayments) that TE members could be compensated. I know this because I was asked for my views on this at the time.

Both Thai governments seem to have been very concerned about the reaction of Thailand Elite members to changes in the scheme. I saw a list of members once (which was sent to me by accident) and there were some names on there that no Thai govt would want to piss off. its a small group but, in business and political terms, its an influential one.

There may have been a period when the issue of new visas was being delayed but,if there was, it was very short. I read about it (maybe on here) at the time and phoned up (I didn't have a current visa). I was told visas were being issued as normal and when did I want to do it.

To be frank, for me, there has not been a huge value in being a member, my circumstances changed and I had no use for the visa. I was also very unhappy when they abandoned the land purchase right which, in my opinion, was the best bit of the scheme. But I do know a couple of people for whom it has been enormously valuable as it clearly has been to some of the other members who have posted on here. For some reason it seems to be hard for you just to accept that.

Of course the Democrats were wary to close down the Elite card, because they respected the money paid by the members, but they realised it was a loss making scam scheme set up by people who don't mind to lie through their teeth . So be able to continue they started to take a way privileges, and even set up a refund fund .

As for the people no country want to piss off, they ALL got their card for free, there have been news reports about that at the time they were issued to those people..

As for the ( non ) value of the card which you don't seem to grasp. At the time the first card was issued, a foreigner was able to invest 3 million Baht in his OWN condo and on that base got a 1 year investment visa, which could be renewed every year. No money given to strangers wich is never refundable, just money invested in your own property.

At the time the card was issued it was said that you could own 1 Rai of land, something which quickly was changed to 1 Rai held in the name of some Thai company from which you even weren't a shareholder and which in fact by definition is illegal by Thai law, but even that option was removed quickly.

The original option of owning the 1 Rai of land would have been the one and onl;y benefit that would make the card value for money, after that option and many more one after one were removed the card didn't have any vslue anymore.

So today they cut the benefits ebem more and double the price plus a 20.000 Baht yearly fee and you say it has value?

My visa cost 1900 Baht a year and is renewed EVERY year, even after 5 or 20 years at which time it will have cost me a total of 38.000 ( thirty eight thousand) Baht, so tell me again which part of the value I don't grasp.

Good for you! you are clearly happy with the decisions you made and there are others on here (maybe deluded) who also seem to be happy with the decisions they made, winners all around!

Shall we just agree that you were right and all the rest of us were wrong? -Feel better?

I have seen several Elite Visas in Phuket Immigration lately over the last few months. They cost one million Baht and can be bought on arrival at BKK airport. However the holder must still report in every 90 days (TM 47) and still complete an extension form (TM7) without charge in order to stay another 90 days.

If yes.. i'm getting married next year .. do you want to come to the wedding Posted Image Posted Image

On my latest retirement visa renewal I also suggested that the fee should be 20.000 instead of 1900 Posted Image

That would maybe upgrade the level of the people coming to retire in Thailand.

Good idea...

I could not do it myself, I am too young to qualify for a retirement visa.

tsk tsk such negativity. I believe that this will be another TAT resounding success, one which will most likely exceed its targeted projection and bring in a new demographic of quality tourists, and not the usual riff raff.

"another TAT resounding success"? "Another?" Please do expound on their "other" successes.

Or, was your post, tongue (planted firmly) in cheek?

Good for you! you are clearly happy with the decisions you made and there are others on here (maybe deluded) who also seem to be happy with the decisions they made, winners all around!

Shall we just agree that you were right and all the rest of us were wrong? -Feel better?

I don't claim I made the right decision, however from you previous post it is clear that you as an elite card holder made the same decision amd hold a retirement visa currently, but that I actually have the same privilege as an elite card holder except it cost me 38.000 Baht over 20 years instead of 2.400.000 Baht.

I asked you to show me where the value of the card lays, and till now nobody has been able to point it out.

Good idea...

Ah, finally we get there. The point of the Elite card holders is that they consider themselves above others bah.gif

Good idea...

Ah, finally we get there. The point of the Elite card holders is that they consider themselves above others Posted Image

Come on jbrain, continue your interesting reasoning. We love you :)

Please, do not come already with conclusions. You will make this thread stop too soon.

Help :)

The "will never members" already consider the Thailand Elite members as "suckers", "idiots", most probably "jerks" too, ... and "considering themselves above others"... That can't be all!

Please keep this thread alive. You can certainly find something more. You seem to have enough time for that.

Please go on !!!

:)

@jbrain. You are right about, when the first cards were issued, you could get an investment visa by investing 3M baht.

BUT

"As of Oct 1 2006 3M baht investmentvisas will not be available.

Not only will it not be issued, but you cannot renew your current visa on this basis"

Source: www.tilalegal.com

As for your claim of a refund fund set up by the democrats. A link?

To get a few things straight: With the Elite Card there is no 3 months reporting, but you have to apply for an extension every 3 months, with a full set of paperworks and a fee of 1900 baht each time. A major pain in the butt to be honest.

I only bought the card for the right to hold land in my own name, which was cancelled 3 months after I paid 1M into a bankaccount in Singapore! So yes I was scammed w00t.gif . So I was honestly hoping for a closure of TPC with a payback. I really don't need the card for anything, just trying to make best out of a bad situation. Doesn't give me sleepless nights, for if TPC decides to close for business tomorrow, it would not make any difference to my life here.

In hindsight, would I buy it again?? NO

After reading about the terms of the relaunch, I can only conclude, they have lost the plot completely ! sick.gif

Wrong pricing.

If you charge the Chinese 9,999,999 thb, they will buy it faster than 2,000,000 thb. blink.png

Actually if you wanted to attract wealthy Chinese 8,888,888 THB would be better. For the reasons shown below.

Chinese Lucky Number 8

Pronounced like 'ba' in Chinese, number 8 has a similar sound to that of 'fa' and would mean to convey prosperity, wealth and fortune. Therefore, number 8 is considered the luckiest number by businessmen. It is such an auspicious number for the Chinese that arranging this number as 88 or 8888 or even in larger arrays signifies greater joy and makes them feel enormously lucky e.g. a telephone number may be 9088888888, a multi-storeyed building may have 88 floors, flight numbers may have repeated eight number figure e.g. Flight AC 88.

Chinese Lucky Number 9

This number means long lasting' and 'eternity' and so is used as a lucky number to represent long life. For this reason, it is much used in wedding ceremonies and celebrations.

I don't claim I made the right decision, however from you previous post it is clear that you as an elite card holder made the same decision amd hold a retirement visa currently, but that I actually have the same privilege as an elite card holder except it cost me 38.000 Baht over 20 years instead of 2.400.000 Baht.

I asked you to show me where the value of the card lays, and till now nobody has been able to point it out.

where did i say i hold a retirement visa? as a matter of fact i dont!

I went back and it seems I misread your comment in post #150

it actually says : certainly if the proposed changes are true (eg no 90 day reporting) then it maybe a better alternative to a retirement visa when I need one.

I went back and it seems I misread your comment in post #150

it actually says : certainly if the proposed changes are true (eg no 90 day reporting) then it maybe a better alternative to a retirement visa when I need one.

ok fair enough, the wording of my post was not entirely clear

@jbrain. You are right about, when the first cards were issued, you could get an investment visa by investing 3M baht.

BUT

"As of Oct 1 2006 3M baht investmentvisas will not be available.

Not only will it not be issued, but you cannot renew your current visa on this basis"

Source: www.tilalegal.com

As for your claim of a refund fund set up by the democrats. A link?

To get a few things straight: With the Elite Card there is no 3 months reporting, but you have to apply for an extension every 3 months, with a full set of paperworks and a fee of 1900 baht each time. A major pain in the butt to be honest.

I only bought the card for the right to hold land in my own name, which was cancelled 3 months after I paid 1M into a bankaccount in Singapore! So yes I was scammed w00t.gif . So I was honestly hoping for a closure of TPC with a payback. I really don't need the card for anything, just trying to make best out of a bad situation. Doesn't give me sleepless nights, for if TPC decides to close for business tomorrow, it would not make any difference to my life here.

In hindsight, would I buy it again?? NO

After reading about the terms of the relaunch, I can only conclude, they have lost the plot completely ! sick.gif

Soi 41, I have to admire you for finally stating the facts the way they are in reality.

I have said in post earlier that when the the original privileges were announced, e.g. land ownership, the card had a value. As soon as they cancelled that and thereafter some more privileges the card became useless even at the price of 1 million. So I can not understand that the new card with a price of a multiple of that and even further reduced values can be worth it.

As for the investement visa, after the visa was cancelled the holders of one were further grandfathered. I don't know if this has changed recently, and I can't find anything about in the link you posted, but I know someone who used to have the visa but has recently moved to another country.

As for the refund fund set up by the Democrats I don't have a direct link, but there have been news reports regarding and must still be somewhere on this forum, but I based myself on the comment of Wordchild in post #144 :

There was a period when the future of the card was in doubt but even when the Democrats were looking to close the scheme they asked the mgmt of TE to look into ways (incl the issue of other types of visas and repayments) that TE members could be compensated. I know this because I was asked for my views on this at the time.

Edit : just found the link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/464060-thailand-elite-card-closes-down-to-the-tunes-of-25-billion-baht/

The Tourism and Sports Ministry, whose state agency the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is TPC's sole owner, was instructed to prepare to compensate the 2,500-odd members should any of them take legal action once their membership is revoked.

The ministry yesterday asked the government to set aside 2.5 billion baht to compensate members and staff once the company shuts down.

So before it was 1 million baht life time membership with no yearly fee and unlimited golf and spar.. and it DIDN'T sell. nOw 2 million baht and only 20 years with 20k a year fee and only 24 golf and spa... winnerlaugh.png

I have a couple of clients who bought in at the beginning and were not bothered about the peripheral perks but the visa and meet and greet for them has in their opinion been well worth it and they are still entitled to use it under the old scheme. So for some people it ws not all bad.

tsk tsk such negativity. I believe that this will be another TAT resounding success, one which will most likely exceed its targeted projection and bring in a new demographic of quality tourists, and not the usual riff raff.

Insert flame here.

I was hoping he was being sarcastic.

Due to the complete lack of consumer protection in Thailand, paying for anything other than a Big Mac in advance is doomed in Thailand. We saw what happened the first time. Everyone involved with the Elite card ran from their responsibility and had no problem leaving the customers hanging. Now they want to do exactly the same, but at a higher price. Well, guess they can probably find 1,300 idiots with money to throw away :-)

Just to be clear, neither old nor new customers can buy any land in Thailand. Old customers could however buy a certain amount of land in the name of the Elite card company, not in their own name. In other words, the land would legally belong to the Elite card company which would hold the land on your behalf.

Due to the complete lack of consumer protection in Thailand, paying for anything other than a Big Mac in advance is doomed in Thailand. We saw what happened the first time. Everyone involved with the Elite card ran from their responsibility and had no problem leaving the customers hanging. Now they want to do exactly the same, but at a higher price. Well, guess they can probably find 1,300 idiots with money to throw away :-)

What makes you think they can find 1300 idiots.

At half the price and better conditions they didn't manage to find 200 idiots.

Archived