Ministry Wants To Make Thais Taller

Lite Beer

If Thai men want to be taller, there is a simple solution, backed up by statistics that involves no changes in diet: Be a katoey. They appear to be at least 4-5" taller than average Thai man. Look around and see if this is true where you live. I know it is where I live.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not read the 100 posts so maybe it's a re-post.

Just to inform you that, in the school of my kids, they have milk. Probably they should distribute on a daily basis but they give all the last day of the term. Thus we have a lot of milk to drink during the holidays.

By the way, my kids love Ovaltine and similar. There is a kind of milk inside. Kind off milk bcz probably not fresh milk from Thai cows.

Compare the average heights of North and South Koreans and you'll see the impact that diet has on height and weight. Don't know if the Northerners are shrinking or the Southerners are growing taller but there is a significant difference and that has only developed in the last couple of generations.

Probably due to starvation in the growing years

Gov minster reads the UN information packet he was sent , and the spouts off;

"Cholanan made his comments on the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation's World Milk Day yesterday."

No more, no less.

Is the Ministry also planning to increase brain capacity commensurate with the new Thai " Super Race " ?

I know we regard this government as ruthless and dictatorial but please don't tell me they are about to get into genetic modification as was much loved in Nazi ideology.

No need for intellectual improvement since they are brought up believing they are a superior race and best in the world at "the art of missing the point"

The Dairy Industry is really big business, with sales of billions for milk and

diary products annually, so you might expect hard line marketing

from them, but would you expect them to aggressively sell their products if

they were known to be harmful to people, especially to women and children?

The cholesterol content of three glasses of milk is equal to

what one would get from 53 slices of bacon.

Do you know of any doctor who recommends that much bacon per day?

In the animal Kindom no animals drink its mother’s milk in

adult life.

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk.

Human’s milk is for humans.

Cow's milk is for calves.

You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses

milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to

turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!"

--Dr Michael Klaper MD

Please Google "The Dangers of Cow Milk"

I think that would refer to full fat milk. Even so I doubt 3 glasses of milk should be equivalent to 53 slices of bacon. That would have to be awfully large glasses and smal slices to match up. According to http://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/cholesterol_content_of_foods/ a cup of full-fat milk has 33 mg cholesterol. If we have to compare apples with apples then a thick slice of bacon has 13 mg cholesterol, so about 3 slices per glass or 9 slices for 3 glasses. But let's get real, who drinks full-fat milk in this day and age? Perhaps the same people who would stuff themselves with bacon. Anyone with minimal nutritional sense would be drinking non-fat milk, and here we're talking 4 mg cholesterol for a cup.

And keeping everything in perspective, 100g squid/shrimp has about 200 mg cholesterol, so does one egg.

Anyway the most important point is being missed, which is that it isn't actually the cholesterol in food that is bad for us. It is the amount of unsaturated fats. Thing is, the human body actually doesn't absorb most of the cholesterol in food, but it is extremely good at producing it's own cholesterol from unsaturated fats. But don't take my word for it, use Google. Check for example this page from the British Heart Foundation - http://www.bhf.org.uk/default.aspx?page=12920.

So while you still shouldn't consume full fat milk, it isn't because of the cholesterol it contains, but because of the unsaturated fat in it.

• Like 2

What good does it do to be taller I wonder?

You get to look down on others.

post-9891-0-69829500-1370156210_thumb.jppost-9891-0-75513600-1370156216_thumb.jppost-9891-0-47862100-1370156223_thumb.jp

Looks like GWB and Korn drank their milk when younger. Perhaps Mark was lactose intolerant.

TS just looks happy to be there.

• Like 2

The Dairy Industry is really big business, with sales of billions for milk and

diary products annually, so you might expect hard line marketing

from them, but would you expect them to aggressively sell their products if

they were known to be harmful to people, especially to women and children?

The cholesterol content of three glasses of milk is equal to

what one would get from 53 slices of bacon.

Do you know of any doctor who recommends that much bacon per day?

In the animal Kindom no animals drink its mother’s milk in

adult life.

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk.

Human’s milk is for humans.

Cow's milk is for calves.

You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses

milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to

turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!"

--Dr Michael Klaper MD

Please Google "The Dangers of Cow Milk"

Agreed.

But we must also agree that poor part of the population subsiding on rice and hot chilli may have a stunned size from malnutrition.

Milk and dairy products may provide some benefits relatively speaking.

2 + 2 = 4. It's OK if you know the answer.

2 + 2 = 9 is wrong.

2 + 2 = 6 is also wrong, but in relative terms it may be declared a giant step forward in science compared to the above belief that 2 + 2 = 9.

The real problem is - how many people know the correct answer?

To drink, or not to drink? laugh.png

BTW increased size will lead to increased consumption of everything. E.g. just by moving to Thailand my size jumped from M to XXXL. cheesy.gif

Just as a matter of interest, how many dairy herds are there in Thailand. Nearest fresh milk, which I assume the article is about, is about 30kn from our home.

Quite a lot of Fresians to be seen around Pak Chong area, Korat.

I think the nearest 7-11 would suffice and if you haven't got one of those within 30km you must be in the Nubian desert.

Makes Thais taller! Sounds like a tall story.

The Thais are already much taller compared with 40 years or so ago when the Thai School Milk Programme started. By and large the programme, which was a joint venture with Australian Dairies, has been very successful, One has only to look around and compare the heights of typical Burmese and Cambodians who were not brought up on free school milk.

I worked for Thai Dairy here and a Malaysian Dairy in Sabah supplying the school milk programme for the whole of Malaysia. The dairy herds in Thailand and East Malaysia are well looked after and produce good quantities of milk at a reasonable quality. In West Malaysia and Southern Thailand where the herds are predominately looked after by Muslims farmers who are not very careful with their cows well being, the quality is often very poor containing too many bacteria on delivery to the processing plant. One big problem is that pasteurised milk is produced by the farmer's Co-operatives and sent to the schools, however when the schools are closed the Government leans heavily on the UHT Milk producing factories to take the milk from them at a higher price than using imported milk powder. If they increase the volume three fold to make Thai Giants, this will cause much problem if the Government insists on the UHT milk factories taking the pasteurised milk when the schools are closed. To be fair the pasteurised school milk should be packed by the Commercial Dairies and supplied to the schools, however that would exclude "The Usual Suspects" from getting there cut.

truly amazing.whenever i think those [snip] cant come up with a bigger nonsense they always find something more redicoulus to publish.where the hell they just got those ideas from???

You sit at a desk all day with nothing to do and see if you don't come up with some weird ideas to.

• Like 1

The average Thai does not taste milk again after they leave the tit.

I've seen Thai children in farang land grow to over 6ft tall due to the western diet and milk at schools.

In reality this will not happen in Thailand because of the logistics of the dairy industry.

CCC

Soya milk is a far better alternative, they also provide kids with soya milk at the local fee paying school. Don't know about government schools but would it would be a start.

Have you tried to buy Lactasoy without a shovel of sugar in it? Even the low sugar version has too much.

Height increase in 10 years? Takes tens of thousands and a different climate, not to mention genes, don't it?

Surely the quickest way is to get in more whiteys to dilute the gene pool a bit more. whistling.gif

Edited by jackr

I drank my daily bottle of milk as a school kid, had gallons of the stuff on my breakfast cereals, had frequent glasses of milk during the day, too.

Result --- I'M A SHORTARSE @ 5' 6" (1.67m). Perhaps just as importantly, so are a a large proportion of my relatives, both male & female, of my generation. But I was slightly taller than my dad & all his brothers.

However, despite falling out of BIG trees as a child, having accidents as a youth and generally putting my body through it, I've never broken a bone and I'm convinced that's one legacy of my having drunk milk as a kid.

Yet I see a generation of my young countrymen, who were never given a daily dose of milk at school, towering over me in their early & mid teens. Chances are that many of them also skipped breakfast cereals & milk, too.

There's far more to this than a simple increase in milk consumption but "Drink More Milk" is a simple statement to make on World Milk Day, isn't it?

Sorry, something happened that caused my post to be submitted before I was ready, hence the repetition.

• Like 1

Just as a matter of interest, how many dairy herds are there in Thailand. Nearest fresh milk, which I assume the article is about, is about 30kn from our home.

I don't know... but there seem to be a lot of 'steak houses' in Isaan!

Thai steak is like boot leather.

• Like 2

Some off-topic post deleted.

I think the part about milk is referring to children. I don't think starting to drink milk as an adult will make you taller. I also doubt that it will help you live longer.

Drinking Milk as a child does not make you any taller either.

I have twin step-daughters (genetically Thai) who were as tall or taller than the boys in their class, and much taller than the girls. Their diet was basically Thai but with higher protein levels than usual for most (assumption) with some western additions such as Jam, Vegemite, bread/toast and ,yes, I encouraged flavoured milk as their morning take-to-school snack. At 16 they were a head taller than their mother.

There was a free milk school program some years ago, and occasionally the wife would arrive back from the school with a tray of UHT milk cartons. Is this still in existence, or was it banned as being the idea of some other political party, now to be re-instated as a gift from PTP?

How tall was their Father or grandparents?

Milk is always good. I feed my son almost 400-600 ML a day (Meiji or Foremost) fresh and/or UHT. Today at the age of 2Y-7M he is 94 cms tall.

He is not 94cms because of the Milk!

Compare the average heights of North and South Koreans and you'll see the impact that diet has on height and weight. Don't know if the Northerners are shrinking or the Southerners are growing taller but there is a significant difference and that has only developed in the last couple of generations.

South Koreans are taller simply because most North Koreans are malnourished. Malnutrition will stop you growing, drinking milk will not aid/promote your growth.

I am really staggered by the number of people on here that actually think milk will help you grow taller....genuinely staggered. One bonus of milk is calcium, which incidentally can be got from many normal food sources. Calcium does not make you grow taller, it aids healthy strong bones, Milk does not make you grow taller, if it did I would be 2.5M tall. Your height is down to genetics and those genes can be from either your parents or grandparents. It seems the knowledge of biology on here is little or no different to the crackpot Minister in the OP. If they want to make the average height taller then just stop people under 165 cm from ever having children

The trouble with these absurd announcements is that after awhile you start to look behind them and try and see what the motive is... does the Minister or some high ranking official in DoH have some sort of connection or possible fiscal interest in a diary business or dairy supply chain...

Have to have a laugh though.. I waiting for the day when you overhear a group of Thai lads complaining that they cant get jeans long enough in Thailand and have to go shopping in US/ Australia/ UK for clothes that fit.. then the worm will really have turned

Height increase in 10 years? Takes tens of thousands and a different climate, not to mention genes, don't it?

Surely the quickest way is to get in more whiteys to dilute the gene pool a bit more. whistling.gif

Not in Thailandsmile.png

Some off-topic post deleted.

I think the part about milk is referring to children. I don't think starting to drink milk as an adult will make you taller. I also doubt that it will help you live longer.

Drinking Milk as a child does not make you any taller either.

I have twin step-daughters (genetically Thai) who were as tall or taller than the boys in their class, and much taller than the girls. Their diet was basically Thai but with higher protein levels than usual for most (assumption) with some western additions such as Jam, Vegemite, bread/toast and ,yes, I encouraged flavoured milk as their morning take-to-school snack. At 16 they were a head taller than their mother.

There was a free milk school program some years ago, and occasionally the wife would arrive back from the school with a tray of UHT milk cartons. Is this still in existence, or was it banned as being the idea of some other political party, now to be re-instated as a gift from PTP?

How tall was their Father or grandparents?

Milk is always good. I feed my son almost 400-600 ML a day (Meiji or Foremost) fresh and/or UHT. Today at the age of 2Y-7M he is 94 cms tall.

He is not 94cms because of the Milk!

South Koreans are taller simply because most North Koreans are malnourished. Malnutrition will stop you growing, drinking milk will not aid/promote your growth.

I am really staggered by the number of people on here that actually think milk will help you grow taller....genuinely staggered. One bonus of milk is calcium, which incidentally can be got from many normal food sources. Calcium does not make you grow taller, it aids healthy strong bones, Milk does not make you grow taller, if it did I would be 2.5M tall. Your height is down to genetics and those genes can be from either your parents or grandparents. It seems the knowledge of biology on here is little or no different to the crackpot Minister in the OP. If they want to make the average height taller then just stop people under 165 cm from ever having children

Well, all the research showing a direct correlation between dairy protein ontake and growth must be biased or wrong then.

But...the question is; does being taller mean being healthier? If it increases body growth in teen and preteen years, it may very well have an effect on other cell growth in later years as well. There is now a very strong correlation showing between tall women and chance of breast cancer...

No. Don't do it. I am 192cm and I get tangled in vendor stall electrical wires and crack my head on doorframes. The public medical bills will skyrocket. Keep em all short and in the safe zone.

sent from my mobile

• Like 2

I don't know... but there seem to be a lot of 'steak houses' in Isaan!

Thai steak is like boot leather.

You are getting the good stuff I see.smile.png

Not really. Chinese people used to be very short but now they're tall, actually almost as tall as westerners and it is mainly because they eat protein now. Thais are not the same build as chinese but I have no doubt that more meat and less rice would make them taller for sure.

• Like 1

I have driving all over Thailand and ,everywhere I see 7/11, tesco's ,bic C and other shop's are always loaded with fresh milk.

But when looking around while driving all over Thailand I did't see that manny milk cow's,only at chok chai farm at sara buri.

So where all that fresh milk come from? Well it come's as milkpowder from China and the dairy company's ad some water and there is your fresh Milk bah.gif

Think before you drink. sick.gif

isaan paul

This could be very true, like with Malee fruitjuice. A shipload of barrels frozen orange concentrate from some unknown part of the world, tonnes of dried meat 'sacks' shipped from yet another part of the world. Put together and add chemical vitamic C and filtered tapwater, cartons with huge oranges printed on it and you have got Malee 'fresh orange juice with vitamin C'. Yes my ass it's crap.