News Poll Says Thais Most Interested In Current Egg Situation

webfact

So, they are not interested about kids dying in locked vehicles but, they ARE worried about the price of eggs "I rest my case" That about sums up Thailand and Thais.

I can thank God that my children and grand children do not have Thai mothers and fathers sick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

Edited by johnlandy

So, they are not interested about kids dying in locked vehicles but, they ARE worried about the price of eggs "I rest my case" That about sums up Thailand and Thais.

I can thank God that my children and grand children do not have Thai mothers and fathers sick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

Judging the Thais like that is about the same as judging all Americans for their obsession (in the past) with e.g. Paris Hilton/Britney Spears or maybe even Monica Lewinsky.

sick.gifsick.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by longtom

Eggs are an excellent source of protein and one that is affordable. A lot of Thai's depend on their eggs in various form and it matters not one iota if people think eggs are good for them or not......they want eggs and the rising prices (not just eggs) are worrying a lot of families.

Yeap, I just looked at the Bank of Thailand inflation stats for May 13 and the cost of Eggs & Dairy products rose 4.5% between May 12 to May 13; Vegetables & Fruits 12.8%; Electricity, Fuel & Water 12.8% also; Raw Food 6.5%; Meat, Poultry, & Fish 4.8%. See attachment for inflation info on the basket of items the Bank of Thailand uses to calculate inflation.

But with the magic of govt stats and excluding Energy and Raw Food inflation to determine the Core Inflation Rate, the Core Inflation Rate for May 13 was only 0.94% and the Headline Inflation Rate (no categories excluded) was only 2.27%. Link to BOT Home Page.

But if a lot of your budget goes towards buying eggs, vegetables, fruits, electricity, meat, fish, etc., the inflation rate seen at the individual level could be higher than the overall govt inflation stats reported like the Core and Headline Inflation rates.

See This Attachment for May 13 Inflation Stats by Categories.

May13 Inflaton.pdf

• Like 1

I'm a Bodybuilder and eat 32-36 eggs a day. Egg prices are very important to me. That said, compared to the US the things are still dirt cheap!!

Seriously, 36 eggs a day?!

36 eggs a day, its you bloody body builders that are causing a shortage,

regards Worgeordie

Eggs are an excellent source of protein and one that is affordable. A lot of Thai's depend on their eggs in various form and it matters not one iota if people think eggs are good for them or not......they want eggs and the rising prices (not just eggs) are worrying a lot of families.

Yeap, I just looked at the Bank of Thailand inflation stats for May 13 and the cost of Eggs & Dairy products rose 4.5% between May 12 to May 13; Vegetables & Fruits 12.8%; Electricity, Fuel & Water 12.8% also; Raw Food 6.5%; Meat, Poultry, & Fish 4.8%. See attachment for inflation info on the basket of items the Bank of Thailand uses to calculate inflation.

But with the magic of govt stats and excluding Energy and Raw Food inflation to determine the Core Inflation Rate, the Core Inflation Rate for May 13 was only 0.94% and the Headline Inflation Rate (no categories excluded) was only 2.27%. Link to BOT Home Page.

But if a lot of your budget goes towards buying eggs, vegetables, fruits, electricity, meat, fish, etc., the inflation rate seen at the individual level could be higher than the overall govt inflation stats reported like the Core and Headline Inflation rates.

See This Attachment for May 13 Inflation Stats by Categories.

May13 Inflaton.pdf

The most indicative thing about how they calculate this, is that education and entertainment are treated in the same line item.

I'm a Bodybuilder and eat 32-36 eggs a day. Egg prices are very important to me. That said, compared to the US the things are still dirt cheap!!

wow really 36 eggs a day .wow.

cholesterol issues ?...... I'm no expert, but.........

Egg prices too expensive, don't eat them then! It's not like eggs are that important to a mean like rice or meat. We can do without kai jiao till the price stabilises.

Well on your income that maybe so, but there are a hell of a lot of Thais on or below the poverty line where eggs are part of the basic diet. You think if they cant afford the eggs they can afford meat?

In my direct experience in humble sois in Bangkok and villages in Buriram, they can afford mobile phones, motorcys and even Isuzu pick up trucks.

"So, macho. He's gotta be, so, macho!" - who sung that rubbish?

Lets break it down:

80% - "MOST interested" egg news (MOST - as in TOP of the list, pinnacle)

76% - "interested" child van death (fair enough)

73% - "interested" drugs and crime (ok sure)

69% - apparently read news about the deep south, no level of interest.

56% - "interested" in capitol area terrorism (again, ok)

56% - "MOST interested" government spending (MOST, again!)

80% + 56% = 136%

Now lets see.....Thai math, its MOST FAN-TASTIC!!!

(or do I mean "journalism"?)

I have to agree Jeffrey, especially when the article specifically states that ANOTHER 56% were most interested in government spending...!!

Solution: when the prices of eggs get to high, we then start eating the dogs that kill the egg laying chicken, thus restoring balance to the ecosystem, bringing the egg prices to affordable level and giving the dogs a break to build up their population.

However, this strategy may bring us to a war with Vietnam.

If you live in Thailand, you must be immediately deported for causing all this trouble.

Don't try to hide from your sleeping guards in a ventilation shaft at the "Turnbuckle Castle" when in transit.

Judging the Thais like that is about the same as judging all Americans for their obsession (in the past) with e.g. Paris Hilton/Britney Spears or maybe even Monica Lewinsky.

sick.gif:sick:thumbsup.gif

Would you care to share the poll results of Americans and Paris Hilton/Britney Spears/Monica Lewinsky? Without it I can't judge if you're right!

its time to call china and import some of their fake eggs, much cheaper, cancer for sure, but cheaper

They're just waiting for the 4th Thai-Lao friendship bridge to open near Chiang Khong which is slated to happen next month, to make it cost-effective for overland transport. Once that happens the Thai market could be flooded with cheaper Chinese agricultural imports.