Situps

itchybum

well the problem is that's a great diet for maintaining your weight.

but not for cutting weight, you need to cut weight then go back to what your eating on the good diet your on now.

Their must have been a point in the past when your diet was not so good and now that your eating good you will simply stay at the weight your at, not going up or down, nothing wrong with your diet but cut first to correct the past then maintain once you hit your goal weight.

Problem with that is I'll get hungry.

Yes unfortunately that is in most cases the problem, if your not loosing weight you need to eat less. I can't say your diet looks bad. Some supplements curb appetite but for me most don't work, except sibutramine (and that can have bad side effects) so I don't like taking it and seldom do.

JT has his topic about something that helps.. for me Jaa Buk helped a bit (no sides). But in general people are hungry when loosing weight. You did not say anything about drinking.. do you drink a lot of alcohol ?

Yes I did and no I do not.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant fault your diet, but if you don't loose weight eat less. You might also do some blood test to see if your Thyroid is good if there are other symptoms like that your often tired. From the looks of it your not eating much.

a true story, i remember a few years ago at the gym, there is one thai guy, on the chubby side.

He would come to train, and only do sit up for one hour. He trained nearly every day.

After one year he was still chubby, but his abs were so thick, that you can see them through his belly.

Edited by Bender

I cant fault your diet, but if you don't loose weight eat less. You might also do some blood test to see if your Thyroid is good if there are other symptoms like that your often tired. From the looks of it your not eating much.

I don't do much to counter balance that.

Sit up is not going to make you lose your belly

It will perk up your abs but the fat would still be there

slow exercises 2 hours twice a week will

I lost my belly in 2 weeks since my dog is in kidney failure, I just never stops doing stuffs and hardly find time to sit down

Get the sweaty ring under control before you worry about anything.After that it will come easy,although you must burn up calories scratching your anus.Good luck,if I can help you in anyway please just ask only thing I will not do it go within 3 metres of that fundemental orefice

Get the sweaty ring under control before you worry about anything.After that it will come easy,although you must burn up calories scratching your anus.Good luck,if I can help you in anyway please just ask only thing I will not do it go within 3 metres of that fundemental orefice

wow, you want to get to 3m's from my anus.

That is just twisted.

That is just twisted.

I am a twisted man but do not worry about that I can help you

I am not a gym junkie, nor want to be one.

I do have friends that fall into that category.....and what they say is as Robblok says. You cannot target a specific area, as much as all the false advertising suggests.

You need to do cardio work that burns fat from all around your body.....not just sittups. Plus they would get boring. Try a program that uses all major muscle groups which gives you variety, plus then you can limit the exercises to those that you enjoy, thus making it enjoyable....and before you know it, those love handles and flabby gut will have become a faded memory.

Good luck itchybum.

Cheers.

As folk have said, sit ups strengthen and firm the ''hidden'' muscles but do not get rid of fat, well perhaps a little cos you are burning calories. smile.png

Reduce food and booze intake whistling.gif , when you are older you do not need loads of grub. Sad I know but look around you at most guys, hmmmmmmm, yes, mostly have a thing called beer belly. biggrin.png

well the problem is that's a great diet for maintaining your weight.

I

but not for cutting weight, you need to cut weight then go back to what your eating on the good diet your on now.

Their must have been a point in the past when your diet was not so good and now that your eating good you will simply stay at the weight your at, not going up or down, nothing wrong with your diet but cut first to correct the past then maintain once you hit your goal weight.

Problem with that is I'll get hungry.

That's life, no other other way.

There's the Thai way, mostly practiced by BG's that like to loose weight.

They get some ice, the illegal variety, go through a gram and loose 5 kg within 3-4 days.

After that is just a case limiting your food intake.

Not really the best equipment for someone suffering from a bad back.

Make sure you do your warm-ups before you start playing with your thingy........wink.png

I had a sore back every morning and started doing sit ups. I never warm up - the sit ups are a warm up for other things. I now do 40 at an angle of about 40 degrees every day. No more bachache.
  • Like 1

Good on the OP if he truly intends to change a life style. As others have said, it is a combination of many things: proper diet, lots of exercise and the determination to follow through with the change. Cutting back on beer is just one step in the right direction.

That is just twisted.

You asked in your first post how many sit ups to do? Say 500 per day, that should take half an hour with no rest in between. You don't need to sit up starting from a position where your back and head are on the floor, that's not good if you suffer from back pain. Just pull your upper back and head to an arc, while lower back and kidney region remain on the floor. More effective for the stomach muscles, and gentler to the back. To strengthen the back, you can do exercises like going down on elbows and knees, and then alternately stretch and hold one leg up in the air.

I would trade your sit up bench thing in and get yourself a bicycle home trainer.

Mount your notebook/laptop to the handle bars

lose weight and still can enjoy posting on TVF.......win win situation thumbsup.gif

Check this link out for some good advice on burning the belly fat off.

Good luck itchybum........stick with it and it will pay off in the end

• Like 1

Try 5 mins running on the spot as fast as you can legs as high as possible.

Then 5 mins sit ups

then repeat twice

Nice 30 min a day workout.

Have you looking like an handsum man in no time.

What happened to that job advert of yours?

CCC

Edited by Chittychangchang

You don't loose your belly from doing situps, spot fat reduction is a myth (unless liposuction). The reduction around your belly will come from eating less. It could however strenghten your back many people started doing some lifts to cure their back. Better exercises are squat for that (but you need a barbell). I am sure the bench will help a bit too, its a first step, and probably better as rushing into something. 

I suffered from chronic back pain and cured it with dead-lifts. Posted Image

Me too, and for years I stayed away from that exercise to protect my back. Every case is different but deadlifting worked for me.
  • Like 1

I am not a gym junkie, nor want to be one.

I do have friends that fall into that category.....and what they say is as Robblok says. You cannot target a specific area, as much as all the false advertising suggests.

You need to do cardio work that burns fat from all around your body.....not just sittups. Plus they would get boring. Try a program that uses all major muscle groups which gives you variety, plus then you can limit the exercises to those that you enjoy, thus making it enjoyable....and before you know it, those love handles and flabby gut will have become a faded memory.

Good luck itchybum.

Cheers.

Tis not a flabby gut, tis toned and shapely...just not the shape I want.

Thanks for the advice

Not really the best equipment for someone suffering from a bad back.

Make sure you do your warm-ups before you start playing with your thingy........wink.png

I had a sore back every morning and started doing sit ups. I never warm up - the sit ups are a warm up for other things. I now do 40 at an angle of about 40 degrees every day. No more bachache.

Nice to know, thanks. I also have the bench at about 30 degrees.

I did 22 yesterday.

Yes I know, counting each one is sad. Shall build up to 50 I hope.

Try 5 mins running on the spot as fast as you can legs as high as possible.

Then 5 mins sit ups

then repeat twice

Nice 30 min a day workout.

Have you looking like an handsum man in no time.

What happened to that job advert of yours?

CCC

I cannot, or do not want to run, bad knees from 3 operations, while I can do it, just don't want to aggravate the bone on bone issue for later life problems.

But running on spot might not be too bad, not get the pounding like on a road or track.

Just some friendly advice you should do sets of say 15-20 max with a minute rest in between. Higher numbers will strenghten your abs but will not shape them. Getting bigger muscles is done by muscle hypertrophy and this occurs at lower repetition ranges with ever increasing resistance (holding a weight on your chest while doing them if it goes to easy)

Anyway, my gut not so big in reality, just want it gone.

If I cut it off, I would say 2 to 3 kilo max.

Problem as mentioned before you cant just spot reduce and the belly itself is one of the last things to go (fat wise) So you will probably have to loose more weight.

Ok, just went for a 10k bike ride...25 minutes.

Uphill with the wind in my face...brutal.

Then warmed down by hanging out the washing.

Did 4 chinups while waiting for the spin cycle to stop, found a nice tree branch nearby and went for it...could only do 4, spiders fell out, but regardless of spiders, could only do 4. How sad.

Then did 10 situps, will do another 10 later today.