Thai Consulate Savannakhet

Hi.

This isn't (obviously) a detailed report. It's just a short posting to let
readers know that there was no hassle in getting another Double Entry from
Savannakhet.

Application 9-11am arrived 9:03 and took thirty minutes. Thirty people ahead of me
(my receipt number was 50) and 25 behind. Double Entry THB2,000.

Next day 2pm. Passport Holders are called in order per their receipt number.
Took 10 minutes to get my passport back. All was well.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

To get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage financial proof is no required in Savannakhet.

Here is an update fro my vist to Savannakhet three days ago. I was applying for a 12 month non-O multi-entry visa based on marriage.

I had:

1. A properly completed visa application form on which I sated my reason for the visit was to see my wife

2. The fee of 5,000 baht

3. The original of my UK marriage certificate

4. A copy of my marriage certificate with apostile issued by thr GRO/Home Office

5. Translation of item 4

6. copy of both sides of my wife's ID card

7. Copy of the photo page of my wife's passport

8. copies or relevant pages of wife's blue house book.

Arrived at the Consulate at 8.30, but now they open at 9.00 am. Handed in my application, the clerk did not want to see the original marriage certificate or the one with the apostile. I had proof of income with me in the form of copy bank statements, but these were not asked for. My wife was with me, but they did not want to see her.

Went back at 2.00pm the following day and collected my passport with a 12 month multi-entry non-O visa.

Crossed back into Thailand and got a 90 day permission to stay stamped in my passport.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hearing that it moved, I wonder if the marker on my Gogle map is in the right place:

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214923170432669428134.00046d314d9711f49a389&msa=0&ll=16.562369,104.744961&spn=0.00724,0.012392&iwloc=0004bbef0f3c0bfcaff92

Google gives no street names in Savannakket. The consulate's website gives this address:

229 Thahae Road Ban Thameuang, Kaysone Phomvihane District, Savannakhet Province, Lao PDR

Congratulations.

Can you provide address as I belive it has moved to new premises?

Hello,

There is talk of the Thai consulate in Savannakhet relocating, but when I went there it had not moved - still behind the dinosaur museum on the soi that runs to the riverside.

I stayed at the Hong Thip Hotel, which is 5 minutes walk from the Consulate. Big mistake! Dirty and very poor service.

• 2 weeks later...