2 Indian Medical Students Caught-Up In Pattaya Jet Ski Scam

Rimmer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people still hire from these guys, there is plenty of negative information about them all over the internet.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, theres lots of negative stuff on the Net about LOS BUT, farangs come in their droves to lose cash, by what ever means eh. coffee1.gif

These daylight daily robberies are unbelievable.

And it's allowed to go on and on and on.

Who is at the end of the chain?

Is it an never-ending chain?

Is confiscated yaba just recycled back into the system?

And what about these poor Indians, just in this 1 instance, have to pay out to these daylight thieves?

ThaiVisa doesn't allow Pattaya critisism, yet still reports these bad acts of crime that it's members and tourists alike, get continually robbed.

The Thai community appear to shove these jet-ski scammers scams under the carpet, so why doesn't ThaiVisa?

Members appear to be sympathetic towards the scammed. Infact members seem to be very angry about the scammed.

"ThaiVisa doesn't allow Pattaya criticism"

90% of the threads on TV are filled with criticism about things real and imagined. And even the real things are augmented with imagination.

"And it's allowed to go on and on and on.

Who is at the end of the chain?

Is it an never-ending chain?"

Speaking of "going on and on and on," what would all the leading lights on TV do all day if they couldn't moan about how horrible everything in Thailand is? For some people it's like a hobby. Some people play golf, others read at the beach and then there are those who whine relentlessly. Not sure which is the least productive.

Pot and kettle Suradit, 90% of your posts are criticising people being critical. There is also a degree of smoke and mirror tactics from you; try to divert attention away from the real (indefensible) issue.

Instead of being critical of people being united in their disgust for this kind of thing, just admit it is quite abominable and shameful. If it was happening in 'farang utopia' we would all have the balls to admit it was wrong and be equally outspoken about it.

Edited by LucidLucifer

Maybe there's a market for a private militia, you know African style, for those who really need to rent jetskis here. Like a group of armed thugs bigger and badder than the ski boys that you hire for the duration of your water sports experience. Sure it would be pricey, but surely a fraction of the cost of getting scammed. Just a thought. coffee1.gif

You mean bigger and badder than the combined force of the jetski mafia and the Thai police (who split the profits)? Yeah, I don't think such a force will be allowed to operate in Thailand :-)

You could rent the baht bus association, bigger and more corrupt!

Hummm, could hire a few of my former "associates" - Marine Force Recon & Navy Seals - have them come in from the ocean in the dead of night. Half an hour or so later, Pattaya would have a great, but unscheduled, fireworks show on the beach, with jet ski fragments scattered all over the place.

clap2.gif

• Like 2

And the mandatory insurance plan, wasn't there supposed to be one?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Tywais,

I'm sure the mandatory insurance was in effect, and if the Indian students had been murdered, the Jet-Ski operators would have been paid in full, with a little extra to go around for other officials in the baht-trough queue.

I'm guessing that the insurance would have only covered the cost of repatriating the corpses partially, however.

But, mai phen rai, there's never really a problem here in Meaung Yim, the Land of Smiles 1zgarz5.gif

~o:37;

"Hummm, could hire a few of my former "associates" - Marine Force Recon
& Navy Seals - have them come in from the ocean in the dead of
night. Half an hour or so later, Pattaya would have a great, but
unscheduled, fireworks show on the beach, with jet ski fragments
scattered all over the place."......

Thailand, the hub of exploding jet skis ! I would pay to see that show ! clap2.gif

Edited by mikemac

I think your all being very unfair to the police here.

Immediately after realising that the Indians had parted with B45,000 the police concerned all headed down to the waterfront and gave the offending jetski operators a stern talking to. Fearing that wasnt enough they issued a non ticketed fine on the spot of roughly half the haul .

Reports of the said policeman later standing around and diviidng up the monies are pure conjecture and have no credible basis.

Brillant business idea.. why dont a few of us start a help and guidance group for " Victims of Thailand Jet Ski Scams".. we could have a Pattaya chapter and a Phuket Chapter. Aim of the self help group would be to assist victims of this get over their trauma .. sort of like AA but without the bottles... potentially huge, huge huge membership base....

Being flippant of course.. when oh when oh when ail something be done about this....

This can all be solved by the Pattaya council requiring licensing for jet ski operators which means that they MUST have insurance and then also post Signs along the beach. Also as in many civilised countries, there should be people employed to maintain safety and assistance on areas of the beach. In Australia, we call them lifeguards and they are a great bunch :)

Either get licensed or get out!

Remember a bigwig politician about a year ago telling the locals they had six months to sort out the scams otherwise he would come down from Bangkok and sort it

Strange nothing ever happened

Even stranger anyone ever gets on a jet ski the scam is part of the ride

Not strange at all. That bigwig politician is well known for being all mouth and trousers even when he's sober.

The police were said to be shocked this is happening in Thailand and if they had been aware of this incident going on they most certainly

would have got involved!

cheesy.gif

I personally saw this scam in action,

I use to sit on the wall near the Jet -skis, Two Indian men, not these two. Where coned into paying up , I watched as the jet-ski scammers surrounded the two Indian men , There was a lot of pushing and shoving from the jet ski gang, The Indian men said that they where going to see the Police. Which they did, they walked across the road into the Police Station on beach road, A fine upstanding Police officer came out and walked back across the road, with the two India men, To cut it short the police man said they had to pay up, which they did, they walked off saying, that they would never come back to Thailand and a lot of other curses. The police man returned to the police station. I sat there for about another Hour watching life go by, as i like to do this from time to time. when out comes the same police officer, he walked across the road to the Jet ski scammers, i personaly saw them give the police man some money.And as you know Thailand is not the place to say the truth.or get involved at the time.

• Like 1

Why doesn't EVERYONE just boycott the jet skis? Seems really simple. Give them zero business and let them know why. It is almost certain that this scam wouldn't happen without the collusion of the police. It would be too easy to fight back or refuse to pay. Once the police are involved and siding with the scam artists--the victim is doomed. 1,500 USD is a big chunk of money. Enough to ruin a whole trip. When I see those guys on the beach, I just say no, and walk on.

Surely, with all of the complaints some group of farang could put up a sign in English warning of the Jet Ski scams in Pattaya? It's all very well to squeal like a porcine but if you do nothing then why complain??

I never understand the validity of such claims. How can you really damage a jetski in open waters? On the rare occasion sure maybe, just maybe there are rocks (highly doubt it, but depends on the beach, but the operator should or would say dont go over there where rocks are) other option is crashing into another jetski which I would think is also rare. Only thing this could possibly be is poor upkeep and judging by most village communities in phuket 4 year old house already look 15 years old because of poor upkeep.

Im waiting for the day that the tourists say enough is enough and stop coming here then these guys will be out of a job and even then Im sure they will have something else to blame. These jetski and taxi operators need to be taken down a couple hundred pegs as they are the ones tarnishing thailand's tourism image. But I think with the idea of "cheap sex", people are going to continue to come here. but if you think about it with the lady drinks, bar fines, and rates.... is it really cheap anymore? Anyways off topic... lol

It's really quite funny that this makes news. So 2 tourists were scammed(Like it does not happen every second of every day globally). Then come all the posters about Thailand, its police, its scams, how it kills tourism yaddy yaddy. While wrong I agree, statistically it is insignificant and why most countries do nothing about it. Bad press comes and goes every day. People forget. These 2 guys were scammed. Are they the first....no, will they be the last...no, is it exclusive to Thailand...No. How many tourists came, had an incredible time and went home compared to the scammed visitors? If you are a tourist in any country you better be wise and cautious especially if you are going to a target rich environment like Pattaya, Koh Samui or Phuket.

In line with this News deal is the headlines about the Aussie suing his Thai GF for 15M baht. That is hilarious. He was a fool. Simple as that. How does he get to air dirty laundry personal relationship issues and why would you subject yourself to showing your ignorance.

Seems like all the comments in every News thread are the same. Lots of blame, finger pointing, anger, disgust....Waste of time IMHO. Read it for what it is..... smile.png

If someday one of those scammers gets seriously injured or killed by an angry tourist, no one except for his family and closest friends will feel sorry for him. If I were one of these Indian guys, I would demand the police to catch the scammers and get my money back. Well, in the first place I wouldn't have paid those scumbags a single baht.

Edited by joorakee

This can all be solved by the Pattaya council requiring licensing for jet ski operators which means that they MUST have insurance and then also post Signs along the beach. Also as in many civilised countries, there should be people employed to maintain safety and assistance on areas of the beach. In Australia, we call them lifeguards and they are a great bunch :)

thats about as likely as a Thai policeman getting fined for not wearing a helmet
  • Like 2

This can all be solved by the Pattaya council requiring licensing for jet ski operators which means that they MUST have insurance and then also post Signs along the beach. Also as in many civilised countries, there should be people employed to maintain safety and assistance on areas of the beach. In Australia, we call them lifeguards and they are a great bunch smile.png

thats about as likely as a Thai policeman getting fined for not wearing a helmet

Or a BiB working. coffee1.gif

I've been scammed in Thailand and other places but it usually involves doing something shady.

Though I suppose being in Pataya by itself could be considered shady.

This scam is worse because it preys on unsuspecting tourists. If the scammers tried to pull this on me or my family while

on vacation I swear to god I'd walk down to the beach and beat the <deleted> out of them.

Edited by OnMyWay2

I've been scammed in Thailand and other places but it usually involves doing something shady.

This scam is worse because it preys on unsuspecting tourists. If the scammers tried to pull this on me or my family while

on vacation I swear to god I'd walk down to the beach and beat the <deleted> out of them.

BUT, the problem is........it is a well set up scam with ooooooooooooodles of backup, we can be brave but numbers win. Except my lottery. sad.png

And the mandatory insurance plan?

Mandatorily shelved until the next meeting to decide on the next meeting.

When a committee will be set up - after the rate of expense claims allowable is decided.

In Pattaya we have a CPPD, Consumer Protection Police Division, they are very powerful and you can report to them and have back all money. Many don't have idea about this unit, was reported also here, they have an office in City Hall 3rd floor. {quote}

Is this one of those inactive posts that rogue cops get sent to?