Thailand's D S I Tells Luxury Car Owners To Keep Valid Documents Ready

webfact

And "preacher Monk" <deleted> ? So much for a simple Bhuddist life....As long as I can have my Porsche SUV....

I seem to remember 10-15 years ago a scandal involving the abbot of a major temple in Bangkok who had 65 bank accounts and was driven around in a Merc. Everyone knew but no one knew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Phra_Dhammakaya

They had to come with an army legion to interrogate him

Religion and money go hand in hand since the first fool met the first con man to sell him a promise of eternity .

Customs officials, police, civil servants, local officials and bar girls are totally corrupt and are just plain interested in masses of money, for themselves of course. So what is new in Thailand?

You fail to mention the most corrupted of all of them. Politicians.

It doesn't matter what color they are, blue, red or yellow, they are all in the trough.

Politicians take your money and they screw you. Bar girls, on the other hand, usually receive payment after they have done their work, usually to the satisfaction of their client who in most cases pays them to leave.

It's too bad politicians can't be paid to leave after they've screwed us.

In addition, sadly, most bar girls are the victims of poor marriages, have children and family dependents (often lazy brothers or parents) and do what they do to survive.

OTOH many are career BGs and go on to greater things.

Heck one day, we may have one running this country.

If only there was such thing as the IRS in Thailand. They could work for 10 years and jail half of the corrupt officials just by checking the list of luxury car owners.

The IRS would make Thai's look like amateurs on thieving cash. The IRS is on a complete different levelcoffee1.gif