Don Mueang looking to cut check-in times

webfact

Don Muang looking to cut check-in times
By Coconuts Bangkok

donmueang_0.jpg?itok=702T4Ssq

BANGKOK: -- Management at Don Muang International Airport (the jewel of Bangkok’s air travel infrastructure) is working to reduce check in times for travelers flying into and out of Bangkok.

According to the airport’s new scheme, check-in times for domestic travelers should run no longer than an hour, whereas check-in times for international travelers should run no longer than two hours.

In order to see that this goal is met, the airport is hiring extra help staff to assist with airport navigation.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/12/don-muang-looking-cut-check-times

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-06-12

Don Muang International Airport (the jewel of Bangkok’s air travel infrastructure)

cheesy.gif

check-in times for domestic travelers should run no longer than an hour, whereas check-in times for international travelers should run no longer than two hours.

<deleted>?? An hour (or 2) to check-in??

Given the number of people in the photo, I would be surprised if it should take more than 1 or 2 MINUTES to check-in.

• Like 1

Whybother, you would not believe how long some people take to check in, like they are at an airport for the first time. Can drive you crazy as turing up 2 hours before still does not guarantee you will get on the plane.

Whybother, you would not believe how long some people take to check in, like they are at an airport for the first time. Can drive you crazy as turing up 2 hours before still does not guarantee you will get on the plane.

Then obviously they aren't providing enough check-in counters. I have never spent more than about half an hour in the check-in queues. Even at Swampy (or DM before that) in the late evening with all the midnight flights, there has been long queues, but they moved steadily.

After reading the original article I had a good chuckle about the reason for reducing check-in times and I quote (from the article): "to allow more time to spend money in duty-free shops". Yeah right, like any traveler would want to waste money and time in those rip-off shops. No, the reason to get check-in formalities completed more quickly would be simply so you can pass through security and go directly to your gate! Duty free shops are there if you want, but most passengers don't give a sh*t and wouldn't buy anything there anyways.