PM: Corrupt officials in rice scheme will be severely punished

Lite Beer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely attempt at spin, by the fragrant (unlike some of the rice) Ms-Yingluck, if the scam scheme has lost money then it must be because of a handfull of corrupt burocrats somewhere out in the sticks, not because it was a crock of sh*t from day-1, which would place the blame squarely where it belongs with the party's owner thinker in Dubai ! whistling.gif

• Like 1

"she said .......... it could not be said if it was a losing or profitable scheme."

Her brother stated 9 months ago that the scheme would reap 300% profit. At the same time, it was pointed out that the Shinawatra's own millions of rai of rice farming land. (BP Business, 25/9/12).

I await the PM's declaration that neither she nor her family have profited from this scam.

This one I like. It is to the point!

• Like 1

She instructed provincial governors to urgently explain the rice policy to the people in the wake of conflicting information perceived by the Thai public, allegations of corruption and public concern regarding the government’s overspending.

Translation: Spin the policy in best possible way for PT [i.e. lie] and make sure that you discredit the truth that has started to pour out in recent weeks [again, lie, lie, lie]. Panic is setting in and the faithful are becoming restless.

What I find appalling with that statement is that she is asking the provincial governors to do her job, both as PM and as chairman of the rice scam. .

She is asking them to go and tell little white lies to keep the sheep happy. Note she wants them to say that it cannot be said if this is a losing or profitable scheme.

She won't go because she might be asked questions or face some hostility instead of adulation.

How can she punish her own gang? Nothing will happen.

Just more PTP lies and propoganda hoping people will believe it.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra vowed to take “ultimate” legal action against those found cheating in the rice pledging scheme.

She will stamp her feet while waving her arms around and screeching in a high pitch squeel, that will teach them.

The programme has greatly improved the country’s rice production

But not distribution due to the rice being above the going market rate, thereby making it all but unmarketable.

Thai economics at its best. I wonder how many MPs and cabinet members have actually taken a formal class in economics.

Thier idea of economics is, one for you, two for me, one for you, three for me, one for you, four for me, I can't give you any more, there isn't enough, five for me.

Yingluck , She are so unbelievable dumb if she thinks that anyone is going to buy in to any of this crap she is even dumber than I thought. She and her family and party cadres are the most henious parasitic bunch of hypocrites that this country has had to deal with in a long time. No that this is out in the open the Thai public should remember that you get what you vote for. You may not always get what you deserve, but you do deserve what you get.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra vowed to take “ultimate” legal action against those found cheating in the rice pledging scheme.

She will stamp her feet while waving her arms around and screeching in a high pitch squeel, that will teach them.

The programme has greatly improved the country’s rice production

But not distribution due to the rice being above the going market rate, thereby making it all but unmarketable.

Thai economics at its best. I wonder how many MPs and cabinet members have actually taken a formal class in economics.

It makes me wonder how many MPs have even finished 12 grades of Thai school. LOL

Does anybody else see a connection between the elephant being the national symbol of Thailand and Pinocchio?

Sorry Ma'am. No sale. Shall I lift up the carpet for you so that the BS can be swept out of sight?

Its amazing what they will say when polls show that the majority of Thais believe the PTP politicians should pay back all losses from this scam rather than the tax payers.

PS: If as they claim only HB 352 billion has been spent why does the BAAC claim its owed 600 billion baht......

"Deputy Finance Minister Thanusak Lek-uthai, who also chairs the executive board at Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC), revealed at the Cabinet's mobile meeting yesterday that the BAAC has already transferred to farmers participating in the rice-pledging scheme more than Bt600 billion, which is higher than the Bt500 billion budget set by the government for the scheme." http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Varathep-to-collate-rice-pledging-data-30208010.html

Please note that the THB 352 billion was for the 2011/2012 period. since then we've moved into 2012/2013 with the first harvest finalized. On 2013-06-15 we had the Minister of the PM's Office Varathep say "Bt155 billion was spent to buy 9.9 million tonnes of rice in the 2012/13 harvest season but the final calculations have yet to be completed." As 'at least' 59, 100 or 120 billion Baht was paid back by the government to BAAC we might be in for some better final 'final figures' smile.png

"she said .......... it could not be said if it was a losing or profitable scheme."

Her brother stated 9 months ago that the scheme would reap 300% profit. At the same time, it was pointed out that the Shinawatra's own millions of rai of rice farming land. (BP Business, 25/9/12).

I await the PM's declaration that neither she nor her family have profited from this scam.

Let's not forget that this scheme was never intended to be profitable to the government. Everybody knows that.

It was meant to subsidize rice farmers. Their constituency.

Conflict of interest does not exist in this country. It's just good business.

"It was meant to subsidize rice farmers. Their constituency."

That was the stated aim, which bought their votes. That this scam continued despite that stated aim singularly failing indicates to me that it was merely a facade behind which lay a scam to rip off the public purse. That portion of allocated funds which actually reached farmers was used to pay increased rents to wealthy landowners, and the Shinawatras are some of Thailand's largest land owners.

Do the rice farmers, that this scheme targets, actually earn enough to pay tax? No? So, why would they care if it comes from the public purse?

The poor farmers in Isaan have been shafted for a long time. When they really needed help during the latter part of the 97-00 crisis, the Dems gave them a big middle finger.

They know that the Shin Clan is making insane amounts of money and own ridiculous amounts of land. The Isaan people are not stupid (anymore). As long as their lives and income improves, they don't care if the Shin Clan gets richer.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

This one I like. It is to the point!

But how would she know, what family-dealings have been made offshore, in the futures-markets ?

For example what value might it have had, if someone experienced in futures-trading had known a week or two in advance, that the Thai-government would abandon its failed rice-pledge policy, and cut the price paid by 20% ?

I doubt anyone will ever know, let alone be punished. wink.png

"Ms Yingluck said the pledging price for paddy, reduced by the National Rice Policy Committee ..."

... of which she just happens to be the chairperson.

No, she is the Chairwoman.

In today's PC age Chairperson is correct - you could say that she is a woman who sits on a chair, which is precisely all she seems to do!! when she's not bombing around the globe talking crap about democracy in Thailand and how her poor little brother was viciously bullied by some awful men, that is!!

• Like 1

BANGKOK, June 19 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra vowed to take “ultimate” legal action against those found cheating in the rice pledging scheme.

I think this sums it up nicely smile.png

if-you-once-forfeit-the-confidence-of-yo

And this applies to a lot more than the Rice Pledging Scheme. PT wake up, the people around you who have invested their trust in you are beginning to wake up and question why so much of what the Government does, is done behind closed doors. All Government Business should be conducted in a transparent manner and auditable, both financially and ethically - okay, okay I will wake up from my dreamcoffee1.gif

BANGKOK, June 19 – Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra vowed to take “ultimate” legal action against those found cheating in the rice pledging scheme.

I think this sums it up nicely smile.png

if-you-once-forfeit-the-confidence-of-yo

And this applies to a lot more than the Rice Pledging Scheme. PT wake up, the people around you who have invested their trust in you are beginning to wake up and question why so much of what the Government does, is done behind closed doors. All Government Business should be conducted in a transparent manner and auditable, both financially and ethically - okay, okay I will wake up from my dreamcoffee1.gif

If I may be so bold as to correct you in this wai.gif

This government has 'transparency', ' accountability' and 'anti-corruption' as their leading motif. Just the other day at the BCCT dinner PM Yingluck held a great speech while the topic was "'The Government's Anti-Corruption Campaign'" whistling.gif

Let's not forget that this scheme was never intended to be profitable to the government. Everybody knows that.

It was meant to subsidize rice farmers. Their constituency.

Conflict of interest does not exist in this country. It's just good business.

"It was meant to subsidize rice farmers. Their constituency."

That was the stated aim, which bought their votes. That this scam continued despite that stated aim singularly failing indicates to me that it was merely a facade behind which lay a scam to rip off the public purse. That portion of allocated funds which actually reached farmers was used to pay increased rents to wealthy landowners, and the Shinawatras are some of Thailand's largest land owners.

Do the rice farmers, that this scheme targets, actually earn enough to pay tax? No? So, why would they care if it comes from the public purse?

The poor farmers in Isaan have been shafted for a long time. When they really needed help during the latter part of the 97-00 crisis, the Dems gave them a big middle finger.

They know that the Shin Clan is making insane amounts of money and own ridiculous amounts of land. The Isaan people are not stupid (anymore). As long as their lives and income improves, they don't care if the Shin Clan gets richer.

There is no tax levied on the direct sale of agriculture products.

So, a by now rich farmer doesn't have to pay tax on rice directly sold to the government?

"Ms Yingluck said the pledging price for paddy, reduced by the National Rice Policy Committee ..."

... of which she just happens to be the chairperson.

No, she is the Chairwoman.

She might be better employed as the charwoman. She seems to be ready to clean house. post-9891-0-69356900-1371728849.gif

True but any rice farmer that runs a business of sufficient size would - theoretically - have to pay tax on profits (ok earnings less deductibles).

I would question that the Isan people don't care about Shin clan's corruption. They don't know and are suitably brainwashed into believing that it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

True but any rice farmer that runs a business of sufficient size would - theoretically - have to pay tax on profits (ok earnings less deductibles).

I would question that the Isan people don't care about Shin clan's corruption. They don't know and are suitably brainwashed into believing that it doesn't happen.

Once he has employees etc. But there is no income tax to pay on the sale of agricultural produce by a owner producer farmer. It is essentially tax free. Edited by Thai at Heart

What exactly is 'ultimate' legal action?

Banishment to the paddy fields?

The ultimate action (or like the PM also said "tough disciplinary, criminal or civil action") when everything else has failed may well be charging someone in a court of law. Mind you, the topic title has "severely punished".

BTW the ultimate punishment in Thailand is still the death penalty. Maybe the PM wants to get as tough as China regarding corruption?