Dyna Beads on a small bike?

Hi all

Was over browsing the Chiang Rai Saddlebags site and saw the information on Dyna Beads (http://crsaddlebags.com/dynabead.html) that are used for tire balancing. All of the information I saw there and on other sites such as YouTube videos show large bikes or 4-wheel vehicles but no smaller bikes or scooters. In the demos I saw on YouTube, they seemed to work well. I ride a Honda Wave 125i and was wondering if anyone riding a similar sized bike has used the beads.

So, anyone have any small bike experience with them?

David

From a scientific point of view they will work on a Wave just as well as any bike with 17" wheels. Of course any out of balance force has rpm as a factor, so at less rpm the effect will be less. Do you think your Wave wheels are out of balance?

From a scientific point of view they will work on a Wave just as well as any bike with 17" wheels. Of course any out of balance force has rpm as a factor, so at less rpm the effect will be less. Do you think your Wave wheels are out of balance?

No, but I am getting ready to put new tires on it. I would prefer traditional balancing but as we know, TIT and finding a good mechanic to do it can be an interesting proposition. biggrin.png

David

David,

You may have one problem in as much as the tire fitter may never have seen Dyna-Beads so you would have to explain/supervise. Sometimes just knowing you have done what you want is rewards enough.

David,

You may have one problem in as much as the tire fitter may never have seen Dyna-Beads so you would have to explain/supervise. Sometimes just knowing you have done what you want is rewards enough.

Very true. I would actually do the Dyna Beads myself. Process is simple and direct … and I know it would be done correctly.

David

Shop in front of Siam TV can balance tires.

Hard part is explaining why you want it done to a Wave !

Guys are honest, wont try to sell you something . I tried to get metal valve stems and he wouldnt sell them to me...said nothing was wrong with the old ones ...lol

They also charge 120 baht per wheel to mount tires on big bikes. Just watch where they put the jack.

Shop in front of Siam TV can balance tires.

Hard part is explaining why you want it done to a Wave !

Guys are honest, wont try to sell you something . I tried to get metal valve stems and he wouldnt sell them to me...said nothing was wrong with the old ones ...lol

They also charge 120 baht per wheel to mount tires on big bikes. Just watch where they put the jack.

I can imagine. Probably not much call for balancing Wave tires. LOL

David