How about a history forum

andrew

You already have a great history forum, but it appears to be dedicated to photos only. Some of the guys who've contributed to this section (ZZAA09, in particular) are excellent.

So how about a history sub-forum that could be used for discussions -- ie, text-based rather than photo-based content?

I started a thread a while back. It was intended to detail aspects of Thailand's history. But the thread was derailed by the scum, sex tourists and social inadequates that pollute this forum.

Following this, I received several PMs. One gentleman suggested that I propose a history sub-forum.

The gentleman wrote ...........................

You have my heartfelt sympathy. There are a few too many disruptive posters who just about manage to stay un-banned, but are a real PITA.

I enjoyed your story. Perhaps we should ask for a "Thailand History" forum. The Thai Language forum manages to keep the idiots out, so maybe a History forum could do too.

---------------------------------------------------------

IMO, you may have more Quality Forum Members than you are aware of. These people are good guys. And like me, they hate the trash. I think a sub-forum for Thailand-related history would be a good idea.

... or you could place one photo of relevance in the existing thread,

then write lots and lots of words under it.

Just trying to help with an alternative idea.

Bonjour, Monsieur Davide.

I'm merely relaying comments received from some of the many illustrious forum members who've taken the time and trouble to write to me.

This said, I do feel that a sub-forum devoted to the history of The Realm may well fill a much-needed gap.

Perhaps you could think of it as a sort of Zen Garden populated only by those who have a genuine interest in this country.

Imagine -- a tranquil garden free from trash, dregs and losers! That indeed would be bliss.

• Like 1