Dentistry student held for shooting at tourists

Lite Beer

As is common nowadays in Thailand, the one who will be fined will be the dentistry student. The farang waitress will also be investigated and thrown out of Thailand for doing one of the 17 xenophobic job protection schemes.

Collateral damage by creating another victim is the Thai way to save their face.

where does it say anything about a farang waitress?

• Like 2

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My perception from the police report is that this guy is going to escape with little penalty probably because his parents are influential and because the police allow such escape from consequences of crimes. Just like the Red Bull heir.

• Like 2

In developed countries, perpertrators of drive by shootings, any shootings receive a lengthy prison sentence. If the Thai authorities want to reduce the gun crimes committed in Thailand, would they not better impose heavier sentences. A minimum 10 year sentence might've made DR. Fang think twice before he reached for his gun.

Wouldn't make any difference - the guys who shoot are often scions of the rich or their hired guns and a bribe takes care of everything. You are talking about deterrents for poor people who don't do that much shooting anyway. In any case, it's not the law, it's implementation of the law that's crucial.

The suspect said he was flirting with the waitress at the restaurant but she rejected him and her boyfriend, who is a foreigner, later assaulted him.

Awww, poor wittle baby. Just too much to handle for the Thai male.

What a people. :(

Police investigation found that the suspect was drunk and had flirted with a foreigner waitress there, which upset her boyfriend who assaulted him, leading to the suspect's drive-by shooting.

The suspect said he was flirting with the waitress at the restaurant but she rejected him and her boyfriend, who is a foreigner, later assaulted him.

So is the waitress are foreigner or just her boy friend?

Is that place a place where local Thai man are not that welcome?

He must have pulled his own wisdom teeth already

Dentistry school should be 3 or 4 years ...

He is in year 6

hmmmmmmm

Actually, dentistry is a six year course along with medicine. Check your facts before jumping to inane but conventional TV criticism.

• Like 1

Actually all sounds reasonable according to his thinking

A. She refused his avances, which is not done B. If the foreigner had not been there she 'd still be available C. One should not settle a dispute with reason and wit, a gun or sheer force does the job D. We wont hear anything of it and he ll be out in a jiffy. Or as a famous Thai recently said on you tube: ' This is Thailand, you know (smack!) you know?!'

Edited by rebelplatoon
  • Like 2

yet maybe another untouchable.... max 1 month jail and later can continue his special extra doctor 6 year dentistry course which upon graduate and working can buy more gun to shoot people ..totally... psycho..

No, just a Thai who may be able to act without accountability.

Or just a Thai with the standard response to rejection and losing to a foreigner.

Remember the Western guy murdered in Spicy in BKK about a month ago. The Thai was about to lose the fight so had to resort to pulling out his gun and shooting him (and two others) as a 'last resort' because he was about to lose, as he was reported as using as his defense.

What a people. sad.png

Edited by Salapoo
  • Like 1

Man, I feel really bad for him.

I've woken up to some horrific memories of the previous nights drunken antics but shooting 5 bullets into a restaurant and being charged with attempted murder?

Yikes! Now THAT'S a bad hangover!

• Like 2

As is common nowadays in Thailand, the one who will be fined will be the dentistry student. The farang waitress will also be investigated and thrown out of Thailand for doing one of the 17 xenophobic job protection schemes.

Collateral damage by creating another victim is the Thai way to save their face.

Farang waitress??

In developed countries, perpertrators of drive by shootings, any shootings receive a lengthy prison sentence. If the Thai authorities want to reduce the gun crimes committed in Thailand, would they not better impose heavier sentences. A minimum 10 year sentence might've made DR. Fang think twice before he reached for his gun.

Honestly, I don't think long prison terms would make much difference in a case like this. He wasn't weighing up the pros and cons of doing this vs getting caught and going to prison!

Mandatory minimum sentences work against justice in most cases.

What this guy did does deserve punishment of course, but I seriously doubt if his intent was murder, certainly not of the bystanders who got hurt. Of course he must be held responsible, but even a potential death sentence (which I'm opposed to under any circumstances) would not have prevented this.

Have to disagree. I've seen where, for instance, three strike laws directly resulted in crime reduction. And certainly when the death penalty is imposed, for example in homicide cases (as opposed to the execution being endlessly delayed), there is a reduction in homicides. Let's face it; once put to death, perpetrators are no longer capable of committing murders.

• Like 1

Man, I feel really bad for him.

I've woken up to some horrific memories of the previous nights drunken antics but shooting 5 bullets into a restaurant and being charged with attempted murder?

Yikes! Now THAT'S a bad hangover!

Consider yourself, or a member of your family as one of the people, innocent bystanders, who were shot.

Then reconsider the drivel you have just written. If you consider that this is acceptable behavior for someone because they are drunk, then, IMHO, you need to find a dark corner somewhere and have a serious conversation with yourself.

Your post may have been sent in jest, but I am sure I am not the only reader who knows the stress and trauma that follows incidents like this.

Just sayin'.......................sad.png

• Like 2