Ubc Sattelite

markuk

For some reason the operation has changed to THAI, anyone have a step by step method to change back to english? as i dont read Thai!!

I am sure you used to be able to download the manual from website but dont think so anymore

Thanks

Press MENU, you should get 4 options on the right of the screen.

Choose 2 (languages)

Change 'Event Language' to English.

This menu also allows you to choose the default audio language.

Choose 2 (languages)

Thanks for that but its all in thai!!

Pushed Menu, selected 2

goes to a screen with a section at top, thai with number 1 & 2 i have ENG next to them then there is a third line in Thai, i have ENG next to this. Is there anything else that needs to be changed? as it still doesnt work,

Cheers

Choose 2 (languages)

Thanks for that but its all in thai!!

Pushed Menu, selected 2

goes to a screen with a section at top, thai with number 1 & 2 i have ENG next to them then there is a third line in Thai, i have ENG next to this. Is there anything else that needs to be changed? as it still doesnt work,

Cheers

The 3rd option on the languages screen is 'event language' which needs to be set to ENG. Interestingly my menus are in English even with event language set to Thai.

I can't find any other language settings in the setup, so if you set all three to ENG it should work.

Anyone else got bright ideas??

The 3rd option on the languages screen is 'event language' which needs to be set to ENG. Interestingly my menus are in English even with event language set to Thai.

I can't find any other language settings in the setup, so if you set all three to ENG it should work.

I tried to set the "Menu" language to Thai but couldn't find an option anywhere. Manual (in Thai) couldn't find any reference to that either. The "Event language" is when you click on "Info" which gives you extended information about the program in English or English/Thai depending on this setting.

I have a feeling it is a subscription election choice and that UBC screwed up the new upload to the card. Probably need to contact UBC to see if that is the case.

I tried to set the "Menu" language to Thai but couldn't find an option anywhere. Manual (in Thai) couldn't find any reference to that either. The "Event language" is when you click on "Info" which gives you extended information about the program in English or English/Thai depending on this setting.

I have a feeling it is a subscription election choice and that UBC screwed up the new upload to the card. Probably need to contact UBC to see if that is the case.

thanks guys, used to be in english - i will give them a call tommorow and let you know!!

thanks guys, used to be in english - i will give them a call tommorow and let you know!!

I had 3 seperate UBC boxes installed in my villa in Pattaya. 2 displayed English, and 1 displayed in Thai. I spent hours and hours trying to change it from Thai to English, doing all the things suggested above. I finally solved it, by believe it or not, pressing the 'alternative language' button (little speaker icon, plus?) on the remote, at a critical point in the menu set up. Unfortunately, it was 4 months ago, and I can't remember the exact sequence. I tried briefly this morning but couldn't replicate it. That language button definitely has something to do with it. Best of luck :o