Solar powered devices

I can find many threads on TV about solar power for all electricity used in a home or on a farm, but I don't want or need to have my whole house being solar powered, simply to expensive.

However I do want 3 small things in my garden, which I can't seem to find in Thailand.

1) solar Bluetooth speakers for outside

2) solar security cams which still work at night

3) solar garden lights

Preferable not high tech stuff for big companies. Just for home usage.

I'm asking because its hard to find online, especially in Thailand.

Point me in the right direction and I might be happy already.

Thank you,

Hans.

Have a good night (or good Monday morning for some already)!

That solarstuff from Home pro is all crap, also from other shops like tesco or bigc, all useless.

I agree -- so I bring back from Europe what I need. ;)

@joeaverage

You talk nonsense. Many solar powered devices are very adequate because of the use of energy efficient circuitry and hardware such as led's. Nightlights on the garden path easily burn for 12 hours at night provided there's enough sun during the day to fully charge them.

Solar power makes sense, if there is no other alternative available.

Otherwise, unless government subsidies take hold, it's the old story: Live-expectancy of solar-collecting-systems are limited. By the time the system has paid for itself by collecting "free energy", it has to be replaced and the game starts anew.

Another problem is: The "rainy-season" in Thailand means that overcast skies are the rule until the end of October. Expensive batteries that in this climate hardly ever last longer than 2 years, will not be able to "bridge-over" the rainy-season, unless used only for low-energy-consumption-devices like porch-lights, etc.

Cheers.