mammograms

willyumcr

Four days ago my GF noticed a lump in her breast. I made an appointment with a gynecologist at PIH. We went to the appointment. Here is an email I sent them regarding the appointment.

“ Hello (deleted). We kept the appointment with Dr. (deleted). However after waiting an extra 1/2 hour to see her as she showed up late, I would like to know why a Gynecologist can not do a breast exam. This was what the appointment was for. She told (GF) that she didn't do breast exams and passed her off to another (male) doctor instead. Is this possibly why she is no longer at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital? I realize (deleted) this is not your fault but perhaps you could forward this to someone who is in charge of the doctors and have them explain why a Gynecologist can not do a breast exam. It is one of the reasons I am not doing the Mammogram at your hospital. Thank you........(deleted)”

As of now have not heard back from them.

We ended up going to BPH (yes, more expensive for mammagram) But received excellent care from the Gynecologist and had a mammogram and ultrasound instantly. Also got to see and talk to a surgeon. BTW, both doctor charges were 400 baht same as PIH.

I checked with Bumregard, Queen Sirikit and Pattaya Memorial and none of those hospitals do mammograms. Basically she needs a needle biopsy. BPH wants 15,000 (exclude lab). Does anyone know about weather she can get biopsy at Queen Sirikit in Sattahab? We don't have insurance but if they don't do then I will have done at BPH.

Assuming she is registered at a local hospital such as Banglamung they will raise a paper and refer her to the main hospital in Chonburi, the procedure is done there only on a Tuesday, she will have to get there very early in order to get a ticket but the cost is zero if she has the hospital registration card.

Thanks for that Rimmer. She is not registered with local hospital as before when things minor we just went to private doctors. She is going to Queen Srikirit tomorrow to check out as we made plans. However if not possible when return we will go register at Banglamung. This biopsy is not emergency so we do have some time to get it done. What is necessary for her to register at Banglamung? Again thanks......Willyumcr

Go to Banglamung hospital make a hospital registration card for the 30 baht government scheme, she will need house book copy and her ID card, but she will have to wait 20 days for registration.

If she does not want to wait she can go straight to Chonburi on a Tuesday only, where they do the entire procedure (only Tuesday). Go to the second floor, take her ID card and copy of house book, I have a name of Dr, Seksan as being very good.

She can get an appointment at Chonburi straight away but she will have to pay if she does not have the Government registration card.

Not so expensive.

She needs to get there six am in order to get a ticket.

• Like 2

Hi all,

I am curious about the government registration for a hospital I read in this thread.

Can someone give me some more info such as if it's a similar system for Thai nationals as our Medicare system in Australia? Also, does it apply to more than one hospital and if it is a "free' system?

Cheers

The basic employer funded scheme will direct you to a specific govt hospital. Everywhere else you'll be treated like a paying patient, subsidised at public hospitals, more expensive at private. Pay as you leave, Thai or foreigner. You register at the hospital when you arrive. BTW, breasts aren't part of the reproductive system, so the Dr was right in not treating you.

The basic employer funded scheme will direct you to a specific govt hospital. Everywhere else you'll be treated like a paying patient, subsidised at public hospitals, more expensive at private. Pay as you leave, Thai or foreigner. You register at the hospital when you arrive. BTW, breasts aren't part of the reproductive system, so the Dr was right in not treating you.

ALL doctors are trained to do a breast exam including a general practitioner. Do you work at PIH? Google what doctor to see for breast exams. "Your family practice doctor can check, but usually your breasts are checked at your annual exam with the GYN."

Edited by willyumcr

Female Reproductive System

reproductive_organs_female.jpgThe reproductive systems in the male and female are concerned with producing new members of our species. The female reproductive system consists of internal and external genitalia. The internal reproductive organs consists of the ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes and the vagina.

Mammary glands are found in the breasts and while these glands are not part of the reproductive process, they are considered part of the female reproductive system since they have a lactation function and produce milk at the time of birth.