Same same will people never learn

robblok

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been said in other threads and I'll say it here.

Many, but not all, expats are out right low-life rejects in their home country.

They drag their low-life habits to my country for no good reason(s) and it makes me sick to my stomach.

It's sad that you have an identical attitude to that maintained by my xenophobic sister toward Asian people - racism is racism, regardless of the underlying reasons, and that makes *me* sick to my stomach. I'm not a fan of some of the 'lowlifes', but I dont tar every expat in Thailand with that brush.

Yes exactly. 1000 likes if I could.

More seriously, what's up with some foreigner's attitude of internalizing the "values" of Thai policemen? I find it bizarre.

JT ... where the inference to Thai Policemen come from ... blink.png

The OP is about Immigration and how, we as Farangs, present ourselves.

Thai immigration are POLICEMEN.

As far as "jokes" I don't find the prospect of finding out thousands of settled expats (sometimes for DECADES) might be booted out due to rising financial visa requirements -- expats who often are aged and have nothing to go back "home" to because Thailand has become their "home" -- something to be AMUSED about by any people with an ounce of basic COMPASSION for their fellow man. In my view, booting out such people is more like a human rights violation. I've got a sense of humor but I think it's a bit healthier than finding pleasure in the tragedies of others.

Happily there is a good chance Thai immigration is actually more compassionate than some mean spirited expats, as the history of GRANDFATHERING has shown. For the future, we'll see I reckon.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

More seriously, what's up with some foreigner's attitude of internalizing the "values" of Thai policemen? I find it bizarre.

JT ... where the inference to Thai Policemen come from ... blink.png

The OP is about Immigration and how, we as Farangs, present ourselves.

you do know immigration ARE police ?

• Like 1

They drag their low-life habits to my country for no good reason(s) and it makes me sick to my stomach.

this guy..facepalm.gif

In dealing with government officials in Thailand and Australia to date i have not a problem because i will play by their rules even if i dont agree with their rules.

In Australia at the welfare offices I have noticed that each office has a muscle bound 150 kg Pacific Islander sitting behind a desk and if voices are raised gets

up and stands behind there fellow co- worker,it usually shuts up the client.

Just show respect and you will 99% of the time have no hassles.

Thai immigration are POLICEMEN.

As far as "jokes" I don't find the prospect of finding out thousands of settled expats (sometimes for DECADES) might be booted out due to rising financial visa requirements -- expats who often are aged and have nothing to go back "home" to because Thailand has become their "home" -- something to be AMUSED about by any people with an ounce of basic COMPASSION for their fellow man. In my view, booting out such people is more like a human rights violation. I've got a sense of humor but I think it's a bit healthier than finding pleasure in the tragedies of others.

Happily there is a good chance Thai immigration is actually more compassionate than some mean spirited expats, as the history of GRANDFATHERING has shown. For the future, we'll see I reckon.

42,000 posts and I have not seen anything funny yet , but I will take your word for it that you have a sense of humor.

I have always presented myself in appropriate dress when dealing with a local or government agencies, at home, in the US or in Thailand and I never would say I dress-up for that occasion.

My Thai step daughter recently fulfilled her University degree requirements at the Bangkok Thai immigration office, in a four month non paid on the job training, she told her mother that she was very surprised at ex-pats coming in for visa renewal. Without bringing the required proper paper work with them. That they expected her to complete their visa application forms for them and would get very upset when they were required to go back home and return with the required paper work.

As she knows that I always have my form completed and required paperwork attached.

Again to me it is just a common courtesy to put on long pants ans a shirt which I consider as appropriate dress for myself when I required service at these offices..

Cheers:smile.png ,

I wonder if other expat/tourist forums for other countries across the globe are filled with so many bitter and hate filled people/elitists?

The amount of hatred and o.t.t assumptions written on these forums regarding our fellow westerners is staggering at times.

Edited by ava15
  • Like 2

That's the great thing about humans , animals for example seem to do pretty much the same things most of the time as do fish and birds , humans on the other hand are a species with a never ending supply of increasingly strange behavior with a seemingly never ending supply of things to be surprised at !

I wonder if other expat/tourist forums for other countries across the globe are filled with so many bitter and hate filled people/elitists? The amount of hatred and o.t.t assumptions written on these forums regarding our fellow westerners is staggering at times.

Why don't you spend a year looking into that and get back to us when you are finished.

• Like 1

robblok .. I'll stand by your OP.

Solid as a rock.

Attitude is most things and the person your write about it most likely had the wrong one but ...

But he compounds it by complaining (from your OP) to the wrong person (not the decision maker) ... and by wearing clothes which do not help him.

If we, as Farang are ever going to lift our profile here ... we have to do it by conducting ourselves in a manner which deserves respect.

I'm not saying, for a moment that singlets and shorts are bad attire ... great beach wear and house clothes but, show some respect for those who have to deal with our stay or residence in Thailand.

<deleted> ... what would you think if the person handling your enquiry was sitting there in their pyjamas ?

Sure ... I will cope flack for this post ...

but ... we most often receive the respect we deserve ... lift your game

Yeah but let's face it mate there's a depressing number of westerners living in LOS who were obviously dense c***s back home. They can't help it. It's in their blood. Moving to any part of the planet let alone Thailand is hardly going to enlighten them as to the error of their ways.

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

I have always presented myself in appropriate dress when dealing with a local or government agencies, at home, in the US or in Thailand and I never would say I dress-up for that occasion.

My Thai step daughter recently fulfilled her University degree requirements at the Bangkok Thai immigration office, in a four month non paid on the job training, she told her mother that she was very surprised at ex-pats coming in for visa renewal. Without bringing the required proper paper work with them. That they expected her to complete their visa application forms for them and would get very upset when they were required to go back home and return with the required paper work.

As she knows that I always have my form completed and required paperwork attached.

Again to me it is just a common courtesy to put on long pants ans a shirt which I consider as appropriate dress for myself when I required service at these offices..

I have such bad handwriting that I once downloaded the 90 day reporting form and use fill it in on the computer and sign it. Works like a charm, people should prepare their documents. Though I have not seen all documents available or online. But it is good to come prepared it will also shorten the waiting time for others. Nothing more annoying then sitting behind someone who has not prepared a thing and is taking up way too much time.

Solid as a rock.

Attitude is most things and the person your write about it most likely had the wrong one but ...

But he compounds it by complaining (from your OP) to the wrong person (not the decision maker) ... and by wearing clothes which do not help him.

If we, as Farang are ever going to lift our profile here ... we have to do it by conducting ourselves in a manner which deserves respect.

I'm not saying, for a moment that singlets and shorts are bad attire ... great beach wear and house clothes but, show some respect for those who have to deal with our stay or residence in Thailand.

<deleted> ... what would you think if the person handling your enquiry was sitting there in their pyjamas ?

Yeah but let's face it mate there's a depressing number of westerners living in LOS who were obviously dense c***s back home. They can't help it. It's in their blood. Moving to any part of the planet let alone Thailand is hardly going to enlighten them as to the error of their ways.

biggrin.png and so very true....

To use an Americanism....they was trailer trash in US and they is still trailer trash in Thailand boy

• Like 1

Solid as a rock.

To use an Americanism....they was trailer trash in US and they is still trailer trash in Thailand boy

Hey Billy Bob I did not know you posted here too biggrin.png how has you poh been ?

Solid as a rock.

Hey Billy Bob I did not know you posted here too biggrin.png how has you poh been ?

Yeeeeehaaah...."cue theme tune from Deliverance"...

Yeeeeehaaah...."cue theme tune from Deliverance"...

... actually ... I've never watched that movie.

Did I miss much?

Edited by David48

Well, anytime you go to places like these or on visa runs you're going to be meet some douchebags/<deleted>. I normally don't see them in everyday life and sometimes I think the stereotypes here on Thaivisa are made up, but when you go on a Visa run you see all these usual suspects who you only thought were imaginations.

One suspects more of the issue is to do with his attitude rather than his attire, and of course in his defense having a baby hanging off your arm can on occassions turn someone into a raving lunatic..

But of course we are in a foreign country and we must attired accordingly, this is why in my household I insist on black tie for dinner and will let the gentlemen loosen their tie when one retires to the veranda for port and cigars, we must keep appearances in front of the natives....tally ho old chap

Women know your place clap2.gifhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Like it or dislike it, dressing up works, and not just at immigration. I learned this from living here but not working for a few years and then actually getting a job with a well-known institution here. When I wasn't working, I would walk up in (clean) shorts, a t-shirt and sandals. Now, usually I go to immigration from work. Shorts and sandals get you nothing; official affiliation with a group + nice clothes gets you in and out in no time.

Don't have to love it, but, that is how things are.

• Like 1

Solid as a rock.

spent alot of time in thai immigration extending your non-imm B or O have you?

I'm curious Joe ... what's your inference ... I'm xxxx at reading between the lines ... rolleyes.gif

no inference, it was a direct question.

have you spent much time at immigration extending your non-immigrant visa?

Edited by joeaverage

I wonder if other expat/tourist forums for other countries across the globe are filled with so many bitter and hate filled people/elitists? The amount of hatred and o.t.t assumptions written on these forums regarding our fellow westerners is staggering at times.

just because someone is a "westerner", it does not naturally follow that they are my fellow.

Anyone who turns up in shorts or simmets, but whos paperwork is in order, should to told to go back home and report again the next day looking more respectful I would not go to immigration for 90 reporting or extension dressed the way I was when I was a school teacher, a casual top, trousers

Anyone who turns up in shorts or simmets, but whos paperwork is in order, should to told to go back home and report again the next day looking more respectful I would not go to immigration for 90 reporting or extension dressed the way I was when I was a school teacher, a casual top, trousers

Sorry I was disturbed, a casual top, trousers, not dress trousers should be sufficient.

It's sad that you have an identical attitude to that maintained by my xenophobic sister toward Asian people - racism is racism, regardless of the underlying reasons, and that makes *me* sick to my stomach. I'm not a fan of some of the 'lowlifes', but I dont tar every expat in Thailand with that brush.

Yes exactly. 1000 likes if I could.

But you didn't even give him 1 like