Bruce Lee exhibition hits Hong Kong

webfact

Bruce Lee exhibition hits Hong Kong
By Hiufu Wong, CNN

(CNN) -- A kung <deleted> legend, a cha cha champion, a record-breaking filmmaker and a poet.

Not one of the world's most random dinner party assemblies, but a single man who became an icon.

Bruce Lee was all of those things and a new exhibition in Hong Kong, where Lee spent his childhood and became a martial arts film star, is being launched to celebrate the man and commemorate the 40th anniversary of his death.

"Bruce Lee: Kung <deleted>. Art. Life" will open in the Hong Kong Heritage Museum on July 20, 2013, exactly 40 years after his death, and will run for five years.

He died on July 20, 1973, at 32 years of age, after suffering a reaction to pain medication, according to the Bruce Lee Foundation. [more...]

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/03/travel/bruce-lee-hk-exhibition/index.html

-- CNN 2013-07-03

Years ago I worked alongside an American that was here during the Vietnam war years.

He used to work in the on base cinema for the service men, he told me at the time he had a shitload of original cinemamposters for the Bruce Lee movies written in Thai and English, the names of the movies were different, eg The Big Boss/Fists of Fury.

The one set in the ice factory in Thailand my mrs can still remember scenes set in Samut Prakan.

Sorry to venture off topic, but the thread brought back memories of AM (the Yank I worked with).

Wonder how much those posters are worth now, will need to check out EBay.