19" Lcd With Dvi And Low Dot Pitch

NewGuy

Hi all. I'm looking for a 19" LCD monitor (two actually, also helping a friend). It is really hard to find an LCD with decent specs. I would like to have 19", 0.264 dot pitch (higher if not available), whatever for contrast and brightness (whatever should probably be ok), 12ms or less response, vga and dvi connections. The last bit is really important to me. Price is important too. My friend and I each picked up an acer computer (minus the small lcd); the systems have great video cards - ATI X600 256 MB.

I've tried to buy an Acer AL 1917 SB as advertised in fliers and on shelf labels - not really available, only the ASM version with different specs - inventory data in the bar code different from text on label, ha! "Its the same. Its better. Sorry, no have in Thailand". Shoot.

Anyway, I'll be in Pattaya, Si Racha and in Pantip all in the next few days. Which models might suit my needs and which stores carry them?

Thanks mak mak...

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 910T that I think is excellant. Remarkably sharp, high contrast and resolution, 3 year warranty. Not cheap though at around 22,000 Baht.

Screen Size : 19"

Display Area : 19"

Special Function : Narrow Bazel

Pixel Pitch : 0.294 mm.

LCD Panal Type : asi TFT/PVA

Interface : Analog/Digital

Brightness : 250 cd/m2

Contrast ratio : 1000

Maximun Res : 1280 x 1024

Bandwidth (MHz) : 140

input Connector : 15 pin D-sub,DVI-D

After lots of scouring Thai computer websites, vendor sites and about 4 hours in Panthip I picked up a BenQ 19" (model something something 93GX, I think) for 14,000 all in; of course the specs on the box didn't correspond to the glossy advertising material but I was so exhausted from the crush and the noise that I accepted the salesperson's "box a mistake" expanation. It does have DVI-D and a two bright pixel, three dark pixel 3 year warrantee. Maybe, ha ha.