DNA match in Kirsty Jones Murder

Gonzo the Face

I saw on the internet , this date 4th July that there was now a DNA match in the Kirsty Jones murder.

Anyone else see this. It was apparently was Asian and they have identified the suspect with a match.

Anyone have an update???

G

Link to story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-93369/Breakthrough-Kirsty-murder-case.html

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Like 2

Better splain it to me..... simply....

I understand that the date on the top is the 4th July 2013...and tomorrow is the 5th...... could probably even guess the next day may be the 6th...... but why is the article an ancient one and dated today?????

How is a dumbass to know or not know it isn't a today story?????

Wow, I was excited there for a second, as anyone familiar with the case expects nothing of the truth to see legal light.

Unfortunately the article states that it happened 16 months ago.

The murder happened in 2000.

I understand that the date on the top is the 4th July 2013...and tomorrow is the 5th...... could probably even guess the next day may be the 6th...... but why is the article an ancient one and dated today?????

It seems to be a limitation of their website. It's also a pretty dumbass newspaper by the way; don't blame yourself. ;)

Btw, 'Andrea Drummond'???

Was Andrew going by an alias back then?

Any thing ANDREA DRUMMOND prints is subject to suspicion. Remember the Downtown Hotel 4 deaths and he had it up in the area of 5 plus a couple more in another hotel down south years before.

No one has been brought to justice for the death of their 23-year-old daughter 16 months ago.

That`s what it say`s in the article, but I agree, it is confusing.

Maybe it could have been solved, if the photographers and gawker s had not

of gotten there before the police.and contaminated the crime scene,I remember

the picture, about 20 people in the room,holding her up so could get a better

picture.

Regards Worgeordie

The date displayed at the top of their page is always "today".

The article appears to have been written in 2002.

"<meta property="article:modified_time" content="2002-01-06 11:27:27 UTC" /><meta property="article:tag" content="Breakthrough Kirsty murder case" /><meta property="article:section" content="News" />"

Incredibly sloppy, not to include the article's date in its byline.

• Like 1

OK...Ok I think we can all agree that the story above was badly published and ackknowledged as to dating.

But that aside, lets look at the facts as stated. They stated that the DNA had been matched to someone and that person identified. They were hoping for an arrest , possibly by the end of the week. Does anyone recall an arrest being made? Does anyone recall the semen DNA matched , identified persons name being made public, or that they had a manhunt out for him?

Would you not think that if they had identified the individual and could not locate him they would have made it public that they were looking for this person of interest and publish it in all the news media.

Whot Hoppened.... Did it turn out to be an untouchable...... seems a good case could be made to that claim......

or

just another bump under the rug....

Any thing ANDREA DRUMMOND prints is subject to suspicion. Remember the Downtown Hotel 4 deaths and he had it up in the area of 5 plus a couple more in another hotel down south years before.

No.

Four deaths in the Downtown Inn one of which which would not have been revealed had not Drummond found a witness to them carrying the bodies out. The deaths down south were two on Phi Phi island. They were not connected - but were similarly unexplained.

Edited by Gang Warily
  • Like 1

Four deaths in the Downtown Inn one of which which would not have been revealed had not Drummond found a witness to them carrying the bodies out. The deaths down south were two on Phi Phi island. They were not connected - but were similarly unexplained.

More like 7..whistling.gif

OK...Ok I think we can all agree that the story above was badly published and ackknowledged as to dating.

But that aside, lets look at the facts as stated. They stated that the DNA had been matched to someone and that person identified. They were hoping for an arrest , possibly by the end of the week. Does anyone recall an arrest being made? Does anyone recall the semen DNA matched , identified persons name being made public, or that they had a manhunt out for him?

Would you not think that if they had identified the individual and could not locate him they would have made it public that they were looking for this person of interest and publish it in all the news media.

Whot Hoppened.... Did it turn out to be an untouchable...... seems a good case could be made to that claim......

or

No, it just means the British news and police are as bungling as the ones in Thailand

There are so many cases ,where after the first reporting of them ,are never

heard of again,even if the catch someone,the Courts move so slowly,I read

of a case where 5 men where charged with something(cannot remember what),

any way it went on for 20 odd years, 3 of the accused died,1 who could not pay

bail was in prison all this time, when the maximum sentence if found guilty would

have been 10 years.

They also went through 8 judges, several defense,and prosecution lawyers,

regards Worgeordie

or

I can remember many aspects of the case well.

Later on the police were convinced that the murderer was the English manager of the guesthouse, who later fled because he was a visa over stayer. This was based more on guess work rather than actual evidence, something similar to the Madeleine McCann case today.

The police finally caught up with the guy, in England I think, but after an extensive investigation the guy was no longer considered a suspect and cleared of all charges against him.

Since, no new evidence or clues have come to light, and sadly, no more is known now, as what was known at the time of the murder, so this has become a cold file case.

Somehow I doubt that there will ever be any conclusion to this murder, which means somewhere out there a murderer or murderers are roaming free and no justice either for Kirsty Jones and her family.

A very sad and tragic state of affairs indeed.

post-110219-0-40722200-1373052963_thumb.

or

Later on the police were convinced that the murderer was the English manager of the guesthouse, who later fled because he was a visa over stayer. This was based more on guess work rather than actual evidence, something similar to the Madeleine McCann case today.

The police finally caught up with the guy, in England I think, but after an extensive investigation the guy was no longer considered a suspect and cleared of all charges against him.

Since, no new evidence or clues have come to light, and sadly, no more is known now, as what was known at the time of the murder, so this has become a cold file case.

Somehow I doubt that there will ever be any conclusion to this murder, which means somewhere out there a murderer or murderers are roaming free and no justice either for Kirsty Jones and her family.

A tourist policeman named 'T***' was considered a strong suspect for a long time. When the Thai police were asked by UK authorities to ask him to provide a DNA sample, they were always unaware of his whereabouts.

There's a tradition with Thai policemen to murder young Western backpackers: Kanchanburi and Pai are 2 fine examples.

The guesthouse owner, Andy, was locked up in Mae Rim prison but had to be released eventually because there was no evidence linking him to the murder and too many eyes were looking for the inevitable creation of new evidence and confessions. He didn't flee, I believe he was eventually deported for overstaying his visa.

Drummond broke the story about men, wearing what appeared to be police uniforms, kidnapping the hill-tribe trekking guide based at the guesthouse. The men in uniform held a gun to his head and tried to force him to masturbate in order to obtain a sample of semen that would be planted on the victim and/or mattress. He was too scared to rise to the occasion. Because the story went public, it was difficult for the men in uniform to 'tidy up' any evidence of their involvement so the guide lived. If the semen had been discovered on the victim or mattress, the fact that the guide was actually hundreds of kilometers away on a trek at the time of the killing and there were many witnesses to this would have become irrelevant.

I agree with Beetlejuice that there will be no justice for Kirsty. My reasons for believing this are, I'm sure, different to his.

Edited by Loaded
  • Like 2

More like 7..whistling.gif

sounds about right coffee1.gif

Edited by Gang Warily

or

A tourist policeman named 'T***' was considered a strong suspect for a long time. When the Thai police were asked by UK authorities to ask him to provide a DNA sample, they were always unaware of his whereabouts.

There's a tradition with Thai policemen to murder young Western backpackers: Kanchanburi and Pai are 2 fine examples.

The guesthouse owner, Andy, was locked up in Mae Rim prison but had to be released eventually because there was no evidence linking him to the murder and too many eyes were looking for the inevitable creation of new evidence and confessions. He didn't flee, I believe he was eventually deported for overstaying his visa.

Drummond broke the story about men, wearing what appeared to be police uniforms, kidnapping the hill-tribe trekking guide based at the guesthouse. The men in uniform held a gun to his head and tried to force him to masturbate in order to obtain a sample of semen that would be planted on the victim and/or mattress. He was too scared to rise to the occasion. Because the story went public, it was difficult for the men in uniform to 'tidy up' any evidence of their involvement so the guide lived. If the semen had been discovered on the victim or mattress, the fact that the guide was actually hundreds of kilometers away on a trek at the time of the killing and there were many witnesses to this would have become irrelevant.

I agree with Beetlejuice that there will be no justice for Kirsty. My reasons for believing this are, I'm sure, different to his.

The English guesthouse manager did try to flee according to reports at the time, because he was on overstay and this is why he became a murder suspect.

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous statement. You take 2 incidences and made slanderous allegations that this pertains to the whole Thai police force.

All the rest of what you have mentioned can be considered as hearsay as no proof of Andrew Drummond’s article was ever established.

In this case we can only keep with any proven facts already known, as negative and as thin on the ground as they are.

Perhaps the large sum reward money will yield in some positive results, and certainly making crackpot assumptions and pointing the finger at people solely on your unfounded views regarding the Thai police force and an article made by some proletarian so-called journalist will not help the progression of this murder case or do the family any favours.

Maybe it could have been solved, if the photographers and gawker s had not

of gotten there before the police.and contaminated the crime scene,I remember

the picture, about 20 people in the room,holding her up so could get a better

picture.

Regards Worgeordie

Pim from Citylife has an interesting recollection of it. Her first reporting job at the time. Before police arrived there were Thai jouranalists going through her bags and one hold up condoms from her wash bag while shaking his head and tut-tutting for the camera.

Sickening people.

Edited by Salapoo

Many people know who did it. But he's Teflon and unless the non-stick coating wears off there will be no closure for Kirsty's family.

In many murder cases there is usually someone or people who know the murderer. Perhaps shielded by family members or close friends and associates.

Hopefully the money reward will help loosen a few tongues and bring a conclusion to this case for the family and the precious young girl.

Getting a major breakthrough at this point is literally now based on a hope and a prayer and let us hope some positive results are forthcoming soon, and that`s about all we can do and hope for.

• Like 1

You have really missed the point. People die. Whether at home or on holiday. Perhaps time to stop "seeing" boogiemen everywhere?

What a silly thing to say. She didn't just die but was murdered.

There are boogie men around, thats for sure.

Here's hoping the killer(s) are found soon and Kirsty's parents can have some form of peace.

Many people know who did it. But he's Teflon and unless the non-stick coating wears off there will be no closure for Kirsty's family.

In many murder cases there is usually someone or people who know the murderer. Perhaps shielded by family members or close friends and associates.

Hopefully the money reward will help loosen a few tongues and bring a conclusion to this case for the family and the precious young girl.

Getting a major breakthrough at this point is literally now based on a hope and a prayer and let us hope some positive results are forthcoming soon, and that`s about all we can do and hope for.

Given your self declared connections, you, of all people should know why this particular guy is Teflon.

• Like 1

Given your self declared connections, you, of all people should know why this particular guy is Teflon.

If some or all of you "in the know" locals know who he is why dont you do something about it. Anonymous call etc. Just get it done already and put this to rest.

• Like 2