Indian tourist punched and kicked outside South Pattaya shopping mall

webfact

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why Thailand is pushing for the quality tourist. This sort of thing tarnishes Thailand's reputation. If these people were quality tourists they wouldn't be shopping at market stalls they would be in Major Department stores shopping for designer items (made in India & Bangladesh). This incident would not have happened.thumbsup.gif

Sounds to me like you are putting down all market stall operators.

I for one would like to hear the whole story. I personally find it hard to believe all those other market vendors were no longer there.

It was a comment I said in jest hence the smily, wasn't attacking anyone and I am extremely sorry again for the hurt I have caused.

• Like 2

This is why Thailand is pushing for the quality tourist. This sort of thing tarnishes Thailand's reputation. If these people were quality tourists they wouldn't be shopping at market stalls they would be in Major Department stores shopping for designer items (made in India & Bangladesh). This incident would not have happened.thumbsup.gif

just to say that i stayed in the mecure in hau hin and friends mine stayed at the manderin oriental we have both been the chat a chat market so are we back packers or upmarket tourist as a phycologist in market reseach yourself please let me know your opion

It was a comment made in jest, and one I am being attacked from all side for. I am sincerely sorry

- Buddha was not Indian.

I agree. The that time, his birthplace was situated in India, today it is in Nepal. That simple.

The most popular belief is

He was born in Lumbini, in the Northern part of the Indian subcontinent.

The Buddha was born in a small kingdom called Kapilavastu, where his father was the king, which was situated on both sides of today's Indian-Nepalese border. His actual birthplace, Lumbini, is today in Nepal. Many people, thus, say he was born in Nepal, even if that wasn't the name of the country at the time.

He was still a 'kairk', which is what the Thais look down on.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

In any civilized society, when people start to fight. onlookers try to break it up, but mob mentality rules here,its proven time and time again.

That's why you don't get large pizzed up Farangs picking on small Thai guys.

Thai's will stick together, Farangs will not.

Kolkata airport is flooded with low class travelers. Mostly they come to trade TV, cloths and several fancy Chinese goods.

While staying in Thailand, they believe worst than in India.

The way they look towards Thai women, shame on them.

May be you meant "behave". Yeah, no surprises. much more beautiful ladies for Eye Popping there.

Edited by sunnyk
  • Like 1

In general terms, Thais are very prejudice with dark skin people. This kind of behavior is not unusual when you compare it to some Western countries 50...100 years ago. Thais are constantly reminded that the "lighter the skin" the better you are in the social class. One cannot help but find whiteners in shower gels, soaps, face cleansers, creams--the list goes on. Then when you see the advertisements or actors on Thai TV, they are lilly white, (whiter than I am). Hopefully in the future an open discussion in Thai media will question this attitude and the media industry will start showing dark skin people in most of the movies and television programs. True, many Indians come off in Pattaya as rude or "clueless" --but this is a cultural difference. If anyone has visited India, they would notice how one crowds around a sale counter instead of lining up, or the loudest voice gets the attention. Ones space is not a choice where you live in one of the most populated countries, so it is common for an Indian to rub right against you when in an elevator or standing. I would doubt that this Indian father and mother with their two kids were doing anything uncommon. Many times I have had to look for the clerk at a stall or even at Central in order to purchase something. We can all relate to this. For a "mob reaction" to start fighting with this visitor is unacceptable. I feel India should tell their new travelors outside their country to avoid Pattaya. Jet ski scams and negative attitudes here are not worth the hassle.

The problem with our (Indian) people is;

1] Mostly our womens are dark, fat and covered. In Pattaya it's exactly opposite. No need to say EYE POPPING for Indians. (i.e. my country people.)

2] We have limited fancy goods or articles. Thailand's market is flooded with Chinese goods. Again, EYE POPPING.

3] We always try to grab attention by speaking loudly and speak with hands. This is very disguise for others.

4] We have unnecessary learn to bargain everywhere, this is annoying for others.

5] If vendor says item is not for sale, we will ask loudly, "Why"?

6] We try to check things, even though we don't want to purchase. That blocks next customer of the vendors. And indeed very annoying.

7] Spitting habit is at it's worse in India.

List is very long. Govt. and travel agent must make them aware before leaving India.

I too several time ask my fellow people to behave properly, and they argue with me, "What am I doing wrong"?

Sorry to say this, but I'm having doubts that you are actually Indian.

Or maybe a very high caste one. :rolleyes:

One of those major stores recently lost my Wifes handbag they had been repairing for 6 months(yes SIX), did they offer her the money back??? Nope they gave her some vouchers to use at their store for some real shitty bags.It had sentimental value.

Lets just say " here's to you Mrs " to know which store.

<deleted> service all round and a lot of chasing on the Wife's behalf.

Go on Pattaya vendors, you show the tourists a good time while they are on holiday. Probably advised them to rent the jet skis too. An Indian friend of mine I used to work with said his Brother had been to Thailand and was ripped off by vendors and at a jewellery shop. He asked me if it was safe and a good place to go on holiday as he wanted to bring his wife here, but was concerned about his brothers experience. Word will get round and the tourists will stop coming. But what do the vendors care when tomorrow never comes. Pretty sad really.

Only headline enough; Indian ......

Go back to your country and teach your fellow people how to behave. I have been living 1 year in Bangrak, in a building with 90% Indians dominating the Charoen Krung Silverware wholesales. My wife was too scared to take the elevator........

• Like 2

I must say I am surprised that anyone would want to kick an Indian. Any business dealings I have had with Indians have been thoroughly professional, pleasant and fair. Uh hum! rolleyes.gif

Oh god racism is alive and well. Bet you would say the same if it was an Arab. There is no reason for violence anytime no excuse unless attacked yourself or one of your loved ones.

Yeah, I wonder why he had so much trouble finding a nanny who would want to work for him...

Edited by ayayay

Mention the word Indian or Russian or Arab or Iranian etc and we see all the usual racial insults and stereotypes being trotted out.

The real story here is that there is an ever continuing level of violence perpetrated by Thais on foreigners for little apparent reason other than the Thais know they can beat up foreigners and not face any police action.

• Like 2

Talking Pattaya, mate.

Pattaya ain't Thailand. It's Disney land.

Last time I checked Pattaya WAS a city within the province of Chonburi, Thailand and there is NO other place in the world with that name. Disneyland is often described as "The happiest place in the entire world; life, the universe, and everything; Walt's perfect/utopian kingdom in which everyone may be happy; the last hope for goodness in the world"

So perhaps they are the same place! wai.gif

• Like 1

As we are all visitors to this country, it is up to us to mold ourselves to their cultural values.

And just what do you see as their cultural values?

I would certainly not wish to adopt any of their values as I have my own to live by. Some may be the same but many are definitely not.

Talking Pattaya, mate.

Pattaya ain't Thailand. It's Disney land.

Last time I checked Pattaya WAS a city within the province of Chonburi, Thailand and there is NO other place in the world with that name. Disneyland is often described as "The happiest place in the entire world; life, the universe, and everything; Walt's perfect/utopian kingdom in which everyone may be happy; the last hope for goodness in the world"

So perhaps they are the same place! wai.gif

Except Disney Land vendors don`t kick people, as far as I know. tongue.png

must asked for stupid discount

Yes that's true, i used to go to Pratunam and the way they bargain either make the vendors sick or good for a laugh....price 100 baht and they bargain to 20 baht.cheesy.gif ...or they ask to look at almost every item but not buying at the end,,,,I am not saying every Indian does it but at Pratunam most do it..bah.gif

My gf was at Pratanam yesterday and she said that most of the stalls are now run by Indians (or Bangladeshi ). I have noticed this in Pantip and along lower Sukhumvit road too. It will be interesting to watch the bargining at these stalls between Indian seller and Indian customer.

• Like 1

Are u serious or disturbed

According to my wife she says that in the Thai news the vendors admitted to beating the Indians because they don't want to sell to indians.

That's twisted.

Does their blood not bleed the color of curry like everyone else?!? facepalm.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Whatever happened to cause this altercation , I would imagine they cannot wait to get back to India to Broadcast the 'welcome' they received in Pattaya the 'Family Friendly " & "Safe" holiday spot , so all their friends & relatives come pouring in to sample the joys & wonders of this "Safest" place in Asia.

clap2.gif