Interesting trick for watch batteries

masuk

Interesting ,but you can buy a card full of watch batteryies for B15 at most Thai markets .The card having 10 batteryies .

Yea, I buy a couple of such packs a year. I bought one pack just a month ago for Bt20 at one of these little stores that sells most stuff for Bt20 (use to be Bt10 stores until inflation picked up over the last few years). I'm a little surprised these type batteries are dirt cheap in Thailand when most other kinds of batteries (i.e., AA, AAA, D, etc) or auto batteries in Thailand seem to be pricey compared to batteries in the U.S.

Yup, I've been surprised at the cost of AAs and AAAs.

However, last week at Makro's, I bought a pack of Sylvania Super Alkaline AAA batteries for 140 baht for a pack of 16. The other batteries were much more than that.

Watch batteries are about $4.00 each in Australia, so I'm surprised they're so cheap here.

Usually larger batteries like batteries used on cordless drills, laptop batteries, etc., are nothing more than smaller batteries of smaller voltage (i.e., 1.2V, 1.5V, 3.6V, etc) connected in series or parallel to get the required voltage and amperage capacity. Like my 9.6V battery pack for my Black and Decker cordless drill...inside that pack which can easily be opened up is just nine 1.2V NiCD batteries wired in series. Since I could never find a replacement 9.6V battery pack in Thailand, I just ordered the 1.2V NiCD batteries with tabs off Ebay, and replaced them myself on both packs that I have for the drill. And I could really do the same for my Toshiba laptops battery packs because when you open them up they are nothing more than X-amount of 3.6V lithium ion batteries (look like overweight double AA batteries) wired in series/parallel along with a small circuit board and thermal sensor; but I never done it since its cheaper to buy a new laptop battery pack than buying the individual lithium-ion batteries.