Everybody's run away from something or someone

up2you2

Two recent posts I've just read:

It has been said over and over, but you really want to tread carefully around other Farang in Thailand. Many many nutters about.

Most foreigners here are the lowest of the low, from the unloved to the violently psychopathic.

Thank God at least you won't find any Farangs of that description on this Forum.

My theory is for what it's worth, is that anybody who decides to emigrate to the other side of the world, has run away from something or somebody.

In my case it was my Mother, only joking as I only settled here after she had passed away.

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the weirdos that have either relationship issues in Thailand or brought their relationship issue with them, probably had issues with their mums. Even the ones that joke about it.

Yes, there are nutters here, there and everywhere AND on this forum. What is the OP's point? My Auntie Mary got married to a kiwi and left Scotland for New Zealand over 50 years ago and only came back to visit once. I have visited her twice in New Zealand and she doesn't seem to have any issues apart from now being widowed and a bit dottled.

Edited by NanLaew

Most of the weirdos that have either relationship issues in Thailand or brought their relationship issue with them, probably had issues with their mums. Even the ones that joke about it.

Yes, there are nutters here, there and everywhere AND on this forum. What is the OP's point? My Auntie Mary got married to a kiwi and left Scotland for New Zealand over 50 years ago and only came back to visit once. I have visited her twice in New Zealand and she doesn't seem to have any issues apart from now being widowed and a bit dottled.

Phew, for a moment I thought I could have been excluded.

post-28278-0-17534400-1373684159_thumb.j

What's the point.

Yes every posting that's put up has to have a point, some could be just thought provoking however, I presume that's okay with you.

But as you want one, is their something that all expats have in common, a common denominator that runs through every one of us.

Uprooting ourselves from our families, friends, cultures you name it, is not the rule, in fact what I am saying is on reflection I think we are the exceptions to the rule.

Now before you all jump on that, I'm not saying this action is good or bad, everybody to their own.

I'm not criticising, doubting or voicing a concern about our actions, but wondering if there is a common explanation to them.

Edited by up2you2

is that anybody who decides to emigrate to the other side of the world

how many farangs have actually legally emigrated to Thailand...me thinks not many, if any

yes of course some may have done a runner because of one thing or another, others may have just fed up were they were living, others have come for work....but certainly could understand someone living on mud island all their lives wanting to get away from there once they have retired and have a few pennies in the piggy bank

Couple of observations for the OP (assuming it isn't a troll/bait post...........wink.png )

It is unlikely that a valid theory can be based on a couple of posts on TV, as entertaining and informative as they may be.

The lowest of the low falangs you mention? Try a change of location and company sometime, then reassess the "most foreigners" part of the statement.

"Thank God at least you won't find any Farangs of that description on this Forum" You may be right, you may be wrong! In all likelihood you don't know.If you can assess a person by the way he/she writes or answers a particular topic, you should aim your career at recruitment or HR.

Not everybody who decides to move country is running away. Sure, there are some, but others make the move for a multitude of other reasons. Work, past experience of the area/country, married to a native of that country to name a few.

I am guilty of all three above, but am not running away from anyone or anything..................thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Couple of observations for the OP (assuming it isn't a troll/bait post...........wink.png )

It is unlikely that a valid theory can be based on a couple of posts on TV, as entertaining and informative as they may be.

The lowest of the low falangs you mention? Try a change of location and company sometime, then reassess the "most foreigners" part of the statement.

"Thank God at least you won't find any Farangs of that description on this Forum" You may be right, you may be wrong! In all likelihood you don't know.If you can assess a person by the way he/she writes or answers a particular topic, you should aim your career at recruitment or HR.

Not everybody who decides to move country is running away. Sure, there are some, but others make the move for a multitude of other reasons. Work, past experience of the area/country, married to a native of that country to name a few.

I am guilty of all three above, but am not running away from anyone or anything..................thumbsup.gif

Especially when the quotes are misleadingly selective. Generally speaking, I would say farangs here were more contemptuous than contemptible, and perhaps the commonest flaw is their unjustified prejudice against fellow foreigners.

• Like 2

but there's always the Spanish Inquisition..................ohmy.png

• Like 1

I didn't expect that

• Like 1

yes.. in my case i ran away from the endless dank cloudy miserable rainy days...

but yes... unfortunately I have come accross quite a few <deleted> in this place.... best thing to do is keep yourself to youself, mind your own business, enjoy the weather, the lifestyle... and be happy

It's not the weather that's miserable, it's you. Personally, I enjoy a slightly dreich day from time to time, when you can get good value out of your gloves, and perhaps a coat and hat to boot, not to mention boots. If you can't hold your head up high and be joyful because of a bit or rain and cloud, perhaps you need to strengthen your spirit. In Scotland, we have a lot of strong spirits.

SC

• Like 2

I didn't expect that

It was a diabolical post.

yes.. in my case i ran away from the endless dank cloudy miserable rainy days...

but yes... unfortunately I have come accross quite a few <deleted> in this place.... best thing to do is keep yourself to youself, mind your own business, enjoy the weather, the lifestyle... and be happy

It's not the weather that's miserable, it's you. Personally, I enjoy a slightly dreich day from time to time, when you can get good value out of your gloves, and perhaps a coat and hat to boot, not to mention boots. If you can't hold your head up high and be joyful because of a bit or rain and cloud, perhaps you need to strengthen your spirit. In Scotland, we have a lot of strong spirits.

SC

Its my weakness of spirit where strong spirits are concerned which gives the most trouble.

Expats are the worst of course and desperate expats are the worst of the worst.

Stick to tourist hangouts OP and you'll be fine.

I've waited my whole life for this thread and the OP's profound theory - it explains everything! I can now die happy. What a relief!

But before you do Dark Knight riddle me this, There are three men in a boat with a pack of cigarettes and no matches.

How did they manage to smoke?

SC

hmmm... yes... actually, most of those <deleted> I mentioned previously are actually scottish..... what a strange coincidence....

Edited by kristophon

SC

what are you here for then?... the fanny?....

"thank God at least you wont find any farangs of that describtion on this forum"

Or we are considered a very tolerant bunch! thumbsup.gif

To keep your dead Thai wife in a barrel for a couple of years is considered normal around here! whistling.gif

SC

my great grandparents ran away from Scotland to Aus, weather or better life? tongue.png

Edited by briboy