Koh Larn--boat Transportation Question

Weho

I went to Koh Larn today, by boat from the Bali Hai pier, 150 baht roundtrip... the boat took over an hour each way, and wasn't that comfortable... does anyone have an idea how much a private speed boat taxi would cost, and if they can take us to other islands, LESS CROWDED than Koh Larn?

How much would it cost to get a speed boat with a driver, for a full day, taking us from island to island, trying to avoid other tourists in the process??

I went to Koh Larn today, by boat from the Bali Hai pier, 150 baht roundtrip... the boat took over an hour each way, and wasn't that comfortable... does anyone have an idea how much a private speed boat taxi would cost, and if they can take us to other islands, LESS CROWDED than Koh Larn?

How much would it cost to get a speed boat with a driver, for a full day, taking us from island to island, trying to avoid other tourists in the process??

To the island and with him waiting for you for say 4 hours should cost about 1500 to 2000 baht... I recently paid 1500 baht.

For the whole day you may get away with 2,500 baht depending on how far you go and how much fuel is going to be used....but some will want 3,500 baht....which is too much.

Negotiate hard with the guys on Beach Road...but don`t upset them by offering too little.

The fair should have been 20 baht there and 20 baht back !!

if you want a private speed boat then it will be 1000 baht ++++ they will take you to where ever you want...but most likely just to the other side of Koh larn :o