Replica Emerald Buddha linked to Wirapol

webfact

CONTROVERSIAL MONK
Replica Emerald Buddha linked to Wirapol

The Nation

30210601-01_big.jpg

SI SA KET: -- The "world's largest Emerald Buddha image replica" at Si Sa Ket's Wat Pa Khanthitham was found yesterday it was not made of jade.

Disrobed monk Wirapol Sukpol, better known as Luang Pu Nenkham, claimed the green concrete figurine was made of Indian jade. The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) officials found this during their gathering of evidence for public fraud charges against Wirapol.

Meanwhile, Wirapol has 30 days to appeal in person against the Si Sa Ket monastic council's ruling to oust him from monkhood for reportedly having a sexual relationship with a woman - otherwise the judgement would be final, Office of National Buddhism chief Nopparat Benjawatananun said yesterday.

He insisted Wirapol's claim to be transferred to the supervision of an overseas temple would still leave him an unsupervised monk because temples overseas were not under Thai law or the Buddhist Order Act.

Songkran Atchariyasap, who heads the "Facebook network against acts that destroy the nation, religion and the royal institution" yesterday submitted Wirapol's brochures to raise money donations to the Anti-Money Laundering Office to investigate financial transactions and fraudulent activities by Wirapol's network.

He said the network comprised more than 20 people including businessmen and a former national politician.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-17

I have to wonder at the effectiveness of a jade Buddha compared to a concrete model. I have to assume it would "work" better because of the increased cost. Would there still be a difference if they thought it was jade?

Anyway, the B300+ million excess to budget seems to have been put to good use.

He (Songkran Atchariyasap) said the network (Wirapol's) comprised more than 20 people including businessmen and a former national politician.

Well I never.

Finally, links to the influential and corrupt are slowly being acknowledged and - possibly - examined.

I also wonder what snippets of useful, truthful (sic) information - if any - the DSI has so far managed to glean from Wirapol's inner circle of senior monks and hangers on from the so-called temple?

And finally, I wonder how the delightful Mr. Wirapol managed to transfer all that money from his 41 one bank accounts so easily, and to where exactly? In this day and age of readily traceable electronic information, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out.

True?

• Like 1

He (Songkran Atchariyasap) said the network (Wirapol's) comprised more than 20 people including businessmen and a former national politician.

Well I never.

Finally, links to the influential and corrupt are slowly being acknowledged and - possibly - examined.

I also wonder what snippets of useful, truthful (sic) information - if any - the DSI has so far managed to glean from Wirapol's inner circle of senior monks and hangers on from the so-called temple?

And finally, I wonder how the delightful Mr. Wirapol managed to transfer all that money from his 41 one bank accounts so easily, and to where exactly? In this day and age of readily traceable electronic information, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out.

True?

It was reported earlier that the government's drugs unit have joined the fun and have discovered there's only a couple of million left in his accounts. Is there anybody left who isn't involved ?

All these transactions should be traceable but only if you want to find them.

if I were a betting man this guy will not show up within 30 to contest his ousting as a monk

He has some 300 million plus and obviously used being a monk to fleece people ...

what does he care now? long gone with oodles of loot

Well I never.

True?

Quote:

And finally, I wonder how the delightful Mr. Wirapol managed to transfer all that money from his 41 one bank accounts so easily, and to where exactly? In this day and age of readily traceable electronic information, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out."

Agree, we've been hearing recently how the World Bank was putting pressure on Thailand to improve it's money laundering etc., rankings.

Then about a week ago the Thai agencies concerned said that they had taken several actions and the Thai ranking were now acceptable to the World Bank, etc.

Then this.

So I'm just wondering whether there is a money laundering ranking factor for money going out of Thailand.

On the other hand was the several hundred million baht just transferred to other local accounts, perhaps in other names?

What about all the other "Parasites" running every morning around and collecting money which will be put after to 7Eleven "Smart Purse" card? Seen it in person - this religion is disgusting like all other religion's.

So I'm just wondering whether there is a money laundering ranking factor for money going out of Thailand.

Remember the story from a few months ago, the list of Thais that had money in (i think it was bermuda) which included Carabao.

Well I never.

True?

I bet the list does not include Mafia people. My money say's it should. I don't think he had any problem transferring money out of the banks or that the investigators would have a hard time tracing it. Once they find it they will find out that there is nothing they can do about it.

I am shocked I tell you, simply shocked beyond words.....

biggrin.png

I hear ya.

However if this is the fraud charge ... man I hope they have something better than this sex wth a minor ? okay the real question is how minor. Otherwise these are run of the mill for LOS. This extradition blather has all the ring of a PR gimmick.

On the bright side - training camp starts in two weeks, expecting real news soon, not the never ending soap opera of los.