Renewing British Passport

mrkhawkes

Hello, I need some help;

My British Passport runs out in less then a month, and I need to go to Europe on the 18th of April.

I have everything to renew my passport at the British Embassy, and I hope to have the time on Monday morning. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a new one? I will only have about 8 days to get it done, is this long enough????

Thanks in advance....

Mark

You seem to be leaving your run a little late, however, if you have all the forms and necessary paperwork, it will only take a day. Submit your application one day (early) and collect your new passport the next day. Just been through a similar excerise, and quite painless really...

You seem to be leaving your run a little late, however, if you have all the forms and necessary paperwork, it will only take a day. Submit your application one day (early) and collect your new passport the next day. Just been through a similar excerise, and quite painless really...

Wow, thats seems easy, thanks for putting my mind at rest.....

It sure does Gent, although I have renewed my last two passports in Bangkok and they only took a day. I would suggest that the OP get his skates on :o Conversely, give the Embassy a call and explain the situation...

Fees (£1 = 70 Baht)

- 32 page passport = Bt. 4,830.00

- 48 page passport = Bt. 5,740.00

- Child's passport = Bt. 3,150.00

Your previous passport will be cancelled and returned to you. It is your responsibility to ensure that any valid visas are transferred into the new passport by Thai Immigration/the relevant Embassy.

Payment (by post)

- Cheque: payable to British Embassy

- Postal orders: Nana Post Office, Bangkok 10110

- To return passport by EMS please add 40 Baht.

A passport or birth certificate takes 7 working days from receipt of a completed application.

Notarial services are a 24 hour service.

Please ring us on (02) 305 8333 for further information and details of current fees.