Assist Thai Visa Services

Mekong Bob

Will someone please tell me how much does Thai Assist charge for the initial extension of visa application based on retirement. Thai Assist would not tell me on the phone.

According to post 119 -THB 5 thousand.

Sorry just checked my receipt yes 5,000 baht last time old age, memory not what it used to be 555.

• Like 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone enlighten me as to why things seem to have got easier down at Immigration? Last time I went there, personally, I wasted 2 days after missing a ticket number that meant I could be dealt with that day-there were zillions of Burmese or other ethnic guest workers getting permits-what has changed?

BTW, I haven't been there since March.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As I understand it the Burmese folk, and there are hundreds of them working on building sites in CM, are now processed through the other building.

Its fact that many of them can't fill out forms as they can't write in Thai or English and i guess they have translators there to help them ,that used to eat up a lot of time in the main building.

I think also the system had been streamlined somewhat,maybe extra staff,as it was getting quite chaotic for us and the staff.

Imm is not a major drama if you apply some common sense as to getting an line bookings,having all the paperwork required and not arriving in the rush hour for 90 day reporting, you can be in and out in less than 5 mins if you go late afternoon

Such a long thread!! So, a long summary comment! wai2.gif

If you sum up the thread opinions offered, you find that some people believe that Thai Visa Assist is useful because customers can not either personally cope with the matter of immigration affairs easily themselves or simply don't have the time, have the money to do such prosaic tasks themselves or are the idle rich (!). Fair enough. The rest of our conversation seems like a bunch of chickens clucking and pecking away in the dust. smile.png

All in all, it is probably good marketing for Thai Visa Assist, in which I have absolutely no ownership or financial interest. I will say that I have been impressed with the straightforward approach of the boss, but that experience has been limited just by circumstance. In actual delivery of service, my personal concern some years ago involved a problem that Thai Visa Assist did not know how to handle. I was curious if the purported experts would have the answer, so I inquired. First, I got a stupid wrong answer from a TVA staff member, but the boss, after I re-engaged, did his somewhat best to find an answer. He could not figure out what to do --- and, after he tried (and I know he did), he admitted that he could not provide an answer, but I have never really faulted him for it. It was definitely not a run-of-the-mill problem for him. i solved it myself, finally, but it took some time.

I think Rhys' service is probably as good as it gets with routine immigration problems. I do not approve of "special relationships" of agents with Immigration staff, but there is a certain symbiotic efficiency to that so long as it does not delay us hoi poloi willing to take our individual turns in line.

If I were to worry when it comes to help with immigration procedures, I would worry more about other people than Thai Visa Assist, especially those who claim they provide "legal assistance."

Curiously, to read some of the many posts on TV, I have never in a decade been subject to any "informal solution" to a problem. That it would apply to Chiang Mai Immigration, in my view, is perfectly absurd. I am not a closet case; I do go out at nights! I know "stuff" goes on on Thailand. It isn't the only place! Often it takes much more expensive forms in other places.

• Like 1

If you sum up the thread opinions offered, you find that some people believe that Thai Visa Assist is useful because customers can not either personally cope with the matter of immigration affairs easily themselves or simply don't have the time, have the money to do such prosaic tasks themselves or are the idle rich

You left out those that simply don't want to go to immigration for any reason if possible.

As I've said before, once a year by appointment for 45 minutes makes it almost non existent and I like that.

• Like 1

Yearly charge is know B5.5 K, the 4 renewals of 90 days reporting is still B1,000.

john

Worth it for peace of mind.

I'm just curious where people think this $$ goes to?

I'd like to think that it goes into the pockets of the folks who work there, both Thai and Farang, as well as the owners of the business. Perhaps a bit gets spent on Tea Money as well.

I have learned to size people up for Trustworthiness and Reliability and Rhys is both if you need help he the Guy to go to. That just my 2 cents

I would second that nothing but first class service in my experience with Assist Thai Visa over the last 3 years. They are by far the best Visa Company in Chiang Mai.

Glad to hear that you are supporting ATV, as I hope that they stay in business and agree with you that is a good deal @1,000thb/year, but hope that it won't go up and that the immigration office doesn't push that postal regulation thru.

Actually your a little behind on recent changes at Assist

The new price at Assist is 1500 baht per year/375 baht per 90 day.

Still a good deal I guess for folks like you that live way out there?

As for the postal regulations??? If you mean Thai Assist claims that they need for you to pick up the original slip

from them that is not a new reg or one to be pushed thru.

It was always the rule that you need the original in your passport but was not a problem since

Thai assist was taking it ( the original ) with them each time to get your new one. Then they would email you a copy as you know since your a customer.

The problem probably started recently when folks started doing their own 90 day & went in with the copy given them by Assist.

At that point Immigration probably wanted to know why a copy. They are told that is what Assist gave them. Now Assist has asked all to come get their originals.

Which of course you will need to drop off again or mail to Assist if you want them to do your next 90 day unless of course

Assist gets a gimme on that? wink.png

An update on the 90 Day slip,as of this morning.

I went to Assist offices to collect my new slip,which although was due on the 6th had not been processed...was told that it would be done today 8th.

I enquired about the new way they would have to submitt in the future and was told that the applications would have to include the original slip...thus as well as having to visit them to collect,I would also need to visit them to give them the original. They did say that they could post the damm thing!

Now...since a big issue is that the original has to be in the Passport,I pointed out that they had..in the past,been guilty of aiding and abetting their customers to be in breach of the immigration law....no reply just a shrug!

I fully accept that this new way of handling 90 day applications is certainly not to any advantage to Assist,indeed it will complicate them,but..in my case,having mobility problems I dont intend to visit them twice for each application,and I dont consider the Thai Postal service secure enough...ems or not !! No way would I trust them with my passport and it now appears that the 90 day slip is of equal importance.

It is my current thoughts for Assist to keep the slip for the applications. I will run the risk of not having any slip in my passport...I have in 7 years,ever been asked by any Police or immigration authority for my passport...of course it will happen now !!! Sods Law!!

When my annual extension is due I will retrieve the original slip from Assist at the same time as I visit my bank for their letter

It is ,of course all nonsense...the 90 Day reporting is obsolete and worthless ...If the reports are not centraly computerised,then Immigrations reason...able to check whereabouts of criminals does not stand up....If by some miracle all 90 day reports are computerised the 90 day reports could also be done by computer.

Ah Well... TIT.

Same as gennisis above. Went in today to collect my passport and receipt, which was due on Oct. 6 also. Was not ready and waiting for immigration to finish it. They did say they will ems me the receipt when it arrives at their office. First, was not happy having to leave my passport as it hasn't been out of my possession in 15+ years. 2nd, now have to worry if the receipt will actually arrive via post. I just let them know I will do it myself now even though I have one more left on the contract. Twice as far to go there as it is to immigration for me and two trips no longer makes it an advantage.

Will just park at the airport and walk the few minutes over then back to the airport and pick up a double cheeseburger or two at Burger King. So not so bad if there is some incentive. tongue.png

• Like 1

There seems to be more and more dissatisfied customers of the various visa services everyday,not a good sign.

As a matter of interest. Are there similar operations in other parts of the country or is this just a Chiangmai service?

Folks should relax a little bit, Rhys knows and we all know that there's a seven day grace period either side of the reporting due date, we've taken advantage of that grace period in the past and TVA is doing the same, no need to panic and no big deal.

Same as gennisis above. Went in today to collect my passport and receipt, which was due on Oct. 6 also. Was not ready and waiting for immigration to finish it. They did say they will ems me the receipt when it arrives at their office. First, was not happy having to leave my passport as it hasn't been out of my possession in 15+ years. 2nd, now have to worry if the receipt will actually arrive via post. I just let them know I will do it myself now even though I have one more left on the contract. Twice as far to go there as it is to immigration for me and two trips no longer makes it an advantage.

Will just park at the airport and walk the few minutes over then back to the airport and pick up a double cheeseburger or two at Burger King. So not so bad if there is some incentive. tongue.png

Can you clarify please?

1.Why did you have to leave your passport?

2. Why would they EMS you the receipt if they have your passport, wouldn't they just clip it inside?

Can you clarify please?

1.Why did you have to leave your passport?

2. Why would they EMS you the receipt if they have your passport, wouldn't they just clip it inside?

They said that immigration wants to see the passport, perhaps a one time requirement of immigration to Assist to verify. My understanding is that immigration hadn't completed processing the TM47 so sounds like they (imm) may queue the batch up and do them at their leisure rather than on the spot. That's about all I know and also a bit confusing. I don't apportion blame to Assist but to immigration for being more specific in their requirements for the couriers. I suspect there is not a specific regulation stating the original has to be in the passport at all times as a copy is proof and is on the computers but needs to be there when extending. My copy I printed in color and an exact match to the original. Also, if stopped by the police to look at your passport I doubt if they will be examining the receipt at all much less for being an original. Just a policy requirement now.