anger and fury do or don't' work?

watcharacters

Briefly, I made a reservation with Agoda for a stay of 4 nights at a hotel. When I looked at the final voucher I saw the room was only for one person. Don't want to hear "you should have checked". I've booked dozens of times with Agoda and it's always for two people.
The room supposedly has a King and a double bed. We would be OK with only one double bed.
I dealt with Agoda for over an hour to address this. I felt i was dealing with a losing hand other than referencing the serious record I have of past reservations on only this particular credit card.
The "supervisor" I finally spoke with understood the basics of business and after a spell (one hour) she worked out the non charge for my wife sharing the room with me.
Thank goodness for absolutely nothing. And I'm not sure if I will take this a little further corporate wise as in to the bowels of the business. PCLN
I never once let my anger be shown. I know in SEA I lose as soon as I do that.
Cavet emptor now with Agoda. I thank this time for the experience for further exposing the need to closely examine every single tiny transaction in SEA.
Questions: happily entertained.
Just a heads up for those making reservations. Don't rely on past experience. I think I was lucky and I wouldn't' expect the same good response the next time.

Make your booking correctly in the first place and you won't have this problem. You made the mistake, not the booking agent. You should be grateful that they were able to rectify your mistake without charge, rather than posting a thinly veiled unwarranted complaint about them.

But then again "You don't want to hear"

• Like 1

I used the mobile app once and (my fault) booked the wrong day for an overnight stop. I phoned them up and not only did they correct the error, but they refunded the difference in rate (the day I actually wanted was cheaper).

I've used Agoda for many years now and I've never had a problem; I've changed and cancelled bookings and they've always done what it says on the tin.

So you must have had an off day.

Normally one person means one person plus someone else, unless breakfast is a big issue. I imagine the supervisor struggled to understand what the problem was ... unless you were unsure whether you or the other person would check in first. I expect that if the other person checked in first, they might look askance if the names did not match; but then, Agoda bookings whether for one person, two, or a family are only in one name, so that makes no difference.

Like others, I am struggling to see what the problem is, so I think in the absence of a problem, keeping your calm is probably less important.

I think Agoda are great, by the way, and I would heartily commend them

SC

Wow tough crowd here, OP thanks for the heads up. I've made mistakes as well and usually the can resolve them quickly an hour isn't acceptable for any cell centre for such an easy change.

Hope you enjoy your stay

Edit my flag is red white and blue

Edited by ToddWeston

you screwed up the booking and it their problem ?

Lemme guess, you fly a red white and blue flag yeah.... the land of it was not me and I'll sue because I can.

Amazing that one can determine the colors of another ones country flag by a mere posting. Simply amazing.

you screwed up the booking and it their problem ?

Lemme guess, you fly a red white and blue flag yeah.... the land of it was not me and I'll sue because I can.

Amazing that one can determine the colors of another ones country flag by a mere posting. Simply amazing.

Astute guess I would say, and lets face it you can rule out the Brits as everyone knows we don't complain rolleyes.gif

I have noticed that a few hotels on agoda come up with a different booking page where in the instance of booking a room for two, they request the name and nationality of the second guest.

I can't say I have ever noticed any hotels stating that their quoted rate is for single occupancy only so I can appreciate how the OP overlooked that. I would assume that most if not all hotels allow up to 2 guests on any single room booking. I can only think that the hotel in question may have a joiners policy which is also being passively enforced via their online booking system.

If the OP's complaint is about how hard it was to resolve the issue over the phone; the only instance where I had to resort to their customer service over a hotel charging me for a room already paid for through agoda, my communications on the matter were all online with the matter agreed to be resolved within 3 hours and the refund posting within 4 days.

Stopped using them a long time ago,

always found it annoying you had to practically book the room to find the actual price including taxes. The last and only straw was when i had to utilise 1 of their free cancellations which actually still cost i forget the amount.

I use booking.com now, at least the cancellations are free and they will price match. Only down side for some is that you pay at the hotel so if exchange rates change your pricing will be different to what you thought it was a time of booking.