Bangkok police arrest 4 Indians for counterfeiting passports

webfact

Four Indians nabbed for counterfeiting passports
By English News

BANGKOK, July 27 – Immigration police raided a house in Din Daeng area and arrested four Indian citizens on charges of counterfeiting passports and visas.

Police nabbed the four suspects, identified as Randhawa Gurnam, Iqwinder Singh, Jatinderpal Singh and Sandhu Manjit Singh, and seized three counterfeit French passports and rubber stamps for visa to stay in Thailand.

Police said Randhawa, the group leader, had illegally arranged for Indian nationals to enter Thailand and wait to travel to a third country.

Iqwinder Singh and Jatinderpal Singh were his accomplices while Sandhu Manjit Singh, one of their clients, had already paid Bt600,000 to the counterfeiting ring.

Randhawa would stamp fake visa extension for some of his clients who overstayed in Thailand, police said.

They denied the charges of counterfeiting official Thai documents and possession of falsified travel documents. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-07-27

Their names indicates that they are from Punjab State of India and it is very common there to pay money for migration. Passport and visa scam indeed is common practice.

• Like 1

Regardless of whether these people are Indians from India or men from mars this seems a trend that's happening all over the world, these scum seem to think that the easy way is the right way, credit card skimming , counterfeit money , passports , happens in all countries and is on the increase , with the help of computers, naturally.coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 2

The immigration system in Thailand is computerised at every border crossing I have used (7 land, 1 sea and 4 airports). any attempt to leave the country on a passport not logged in the system as entered would immediately be red-flagged.

BTW after having a passport stolen, every movement through immigration on the new passport caused an extensive delay for nearly 2 years.

Edited by OzMick

My oh my the Indians are very restless this week.

Between this and the 2 caught at Phuket with the drugs.

It makes me wonder where are all the honest Thai criminals this week .Still on holidays Posted Image

Monday and Tuesday were public holidays, remember. I'm sure even criminals observe such things :P

Hard to believe that the Indians operate without involvement of Thai Mr. Bigs and government officials.

Yes, here at TV the common wisdom is that Thais are to blame for virtually anything bad that happens on the planet.

Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

E. B. White

• Like 1

I hope they get a long stay in the Bangkok Hilton surround by Mars Bar creek, They will receive rat feces on their pillows instead of mints.tongue.png

and we are very glad that you are happy about this coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Hard to believe that the Indians operate without involvement of Thai Mr. Bigs and government officials.

Yes, here at TV the common wisdom is that Thais are to blame for virtually anything bad that happens on the planet.

where is the evidence to the contrary.

The immigration system in Thailand is computerised at every border crossing I have used (7 land, 1 sea and 4 airports). any attempt to leave the country on a passport not logged in the system as entered would immediately be red-flagged.

BTW after having a passport stolen, every movement through immigration on the new passport caused an extensive delay for nearly 2 years.

Think you might be wrong about computerised border crossings. Lets say for example a Cambodian Notional is in Thailand and loves the country so much they decided to stay past the date of their visa. They then managed to get across the border by one way or another and apply for a new passport in Cambodia. Once they have received their new passport they come back through the normal way, through customs. Do you think they will get red flagged? Answer is no.

Think you might be wrong about computerised border crossings. Lets say for example a Cambodian Notional is in Thailand and loves the country so much they decided to stay past the date of their visa. They then managed to get across the border by one way or another and apply for a new passport in Cambodia. Once they have received their new passport they come back through the normal way, through customs. Do you think they will get red flagged? Answer is no.

Won't try to bring others on ideas, but once went to immigration after having a fake stamp and told them I lost my T-card.

They couldn't find it in the container at the BKK office so they just made a new card and my problem was solved

It makes me wonder where are all the honest Thai criminals this week .Still on holidays giggle.gif

Do not blame all the people may some are like this want to get money over night not all only 3 people caught and 2 people with drugs and dont blame 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 people

It makes me wonder where are all the honest Thai criminals this week .Still on holidays giggle.gif

I notice on here that we will have a week of Swedes, then a week of Aussies, Americans etc. This is just Indian week and I think next week is German may be wrong tho will have to check the fixture.

• Like 1

I notice on here that we will have a week of Swedes, then a week of Aussies, Americans etc. This is just Indian week and I think next week is German may be wrong tho will have to check the fixture.

Their names indicates that they are from Punjab State of India and it is very common there to pay money for migration. Passport and visa scam indeed is common practice.

I was a little surprised at this, but your explanation cleared up my misconceptions. Truth be known, no one has said Sihks are stupid, but 'Necessity is the Mother of invention'...

Thankfully we have dear Suradit69, whose sole mission in life is to excuse any Thai wrongdoing and blame non-Thais for

"virtually anything bad that happens on the planet".

They are Indian nationals with fake French passports. If they attempt to get an exit stamp from Thailand they will be arrested because they have no record of entry. If they jump the border, the next country they attempt to enter will want to know why they haven't got an exit stamp. I know of one person refused entry to Malaysia because his exit date was the day before (he fell ill after exiting, returned to his hotel, and attempted to complete the run the next day).

People with overstays have tried that before, to be sent back to Thailand.

<deleted> this has to do with Cambodians escapes me.