The Older We Get, The More Tolerant We Become. Why Is That?

The Beatles song "Hey Jude" has a good basic philosophy: every time you feel the pain - refrain. I wish I could have absorbed that when I was younger. It has taken me many years to learn how to refrain. I think this is an answer to the OP's question - it takes many years to gain wisdom about life. Now I don't even fight back with friends who criticize me for things I do. I just stay positive and know that they will suffer from their negativity, maybe.

How tolerant to post a reply starting with "you old farts"! Yes when we get older we appreciate our luck and good fortune to be able to live in such a lovely land of smiles and young tottie!

Live life with a smile....you are clearly not in the old farts club.

Nice one!

The Beatles song "Hey Jude" has a good basic philosophy: every time you feel the pain - refrain. I wish I could have absorbed that when I was younger. It has taken me many years to learn how to refrain. I think this is an answer to the OP's question - it takes many years to gain wisdom about life. Now I don't even fight back with friends who criticize me for things I do. I just stay positive and know that they will suffer from their negativity, maybe.

I think he meant "refrain" as in "chorus"

• Like 1

Please feel free to put words in my mouth,

Anytime.

You are the wordsmith.

Please feel free to put words in my mouth,

Anytime.

You are the wordsmith.

Hammer them on the anvil long enough and they'll mean whatever you want them to say.

Humpty Dumpty

I don't believe that I have become more tolerant as I have aged. What has happened is that I have become more aware that my opinions which are of course incontrovertible fact smile.png will not be accepted by those who have been misled but will not be accepted by naysayers..

Accordingly I allow myself to keep quiet and tranquil and allow callow youth and even gun-supporting rednecks to voice their opinions without protest.

But I'm still the idealist I was as a teenager

• Like 1

For me 'Bob' said it better.

People are crazy and times have changed

I'm locked in tight and out of rage

I used to care but now I've changed.