Bangkok monk arrested for sexually assaulting 14-year-old girl

webfact

A drunken paedophile rapist hiding behind religious clothing.

What's even more tragic is that the poor wee lass kept going back because her family was too poor to eat.

Tragic for her on so many levels.

The good news is that Thailand's monks are not above the law.

This is one of the FEW positive things in Thai justice (actually this last word doesn't really excists in TH coffee1.gif . All the rest they call.... corruption....)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be missing something here, is there no age limit on alcohol in Thailand, a 14 year old buying it????????, I thought you had to be over 18 to buy or consume it or at least you do in Australia.Isnt the first monk to do it and wont be the last, religion has a lot to answer for.

Amen to that.

I am waiting for Chalerm to hold a press conference with the Monk, claiming that the girl has misunderstood what rape and intercourse actually is and that a miscommunication has taken place and that the Monk was simply praying and doing the 'laying on of hands' and that the alcohol was to assist with the burning of incense and candles. The Monk has undergone a series of medical tests and has come out completely negative in terms of being pregnant, therefore he could not have raped the 14 year old girl.

Why would the Minister for Labour become involved?

In case she gets pregnant and goes into labour?

• Like 2

I must be missing something here, is there no age limit on alcohol in Thailand, a 14 year old buying it????????, I thought you had to be over 18 to buy or consume it or at least you do in Australia.Isnt the first monk to do it and wont be the last, religion has a lot to answer for.

Amen to that.

Morals, Laws and enforcement are supposed to curb permissiveness...

What's even more tragic is that the poor wee lass kept going back because her family was too poor to eat.

Tragic for her on so many levels.

As much as I hate to say it, but not a lot different than what drives many of the Issan girls to work in Nana or Soi Cowboy. I am, of course, refering to poverty and family needs.

Most of those girls working in Nana or Cowboy spend that money on the latest shoes, or handbag. Or maybe their YaaBaa habit. I'd say very little of it actually makes it back home.

A black sheep in Buddhism. Please do not criticize religion. It is wholly the act of one man.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One peado monk

One jet setting .. peado ... rolled into one monk

tip of the iceberg?

When she came back,she said, she saw the suspect touching her friends, so she ran inside, dropped the items on the floor and headed for the exit. Unfortunately the monk allegedly grabbed her and raped her again while her friends managed to escape.

1. The Monk says he was under the influence of alcohol
  2. The 14 yr old bought the alcohol and dropped the items on the floor.
  3. He grabbed her
  4. The items are still on the floor
  5. What the f, did he swig the alcohol while grabbing her and then raped her
  6. Does not add up
  7. She saw him touching her 2 friends so if that is true then where was the alcohol unless he was already drunk when the 14yr old went out to get more alcohol.?

Same sh*t happens here in Cambodia all the time, too.

Celibacy is just a wrong concept; regardless if Buddhist Monk or Catholic Priest.

fully agree, and who dreamt the idea of celibacy anyway, just someone trying to control others.

• Like 1

Sorry for the poor girl and her friends. And yet another nail in the coffin of Thailand's wonderful Buddhist Monks. Castration is the minimum this asshol_e should receive.

You're right. You have been here too long. "your honour".

In a civilised country you would be castrated for your sub-judice commentary. Good thing too. The Thai legal system doesn't require your uninformed clap trap.

Celibacy is just a wrong concept; regardless if Buddhist Monk or Catholic Priest.

fully agree, and who dreamt the idea of celibacy anyway, just someone trying to control others.

Who indeed did dream up the idea of celibacy? Only some bigwigs in the Catholic & Buddhist hierarchy, who believe they have a "direct line" with their super power!

Celibacy is totally un-natural. Having a wife or girlfriend in no way interferes with ones religious beliefs -if they have them!

I am waiting for Chalerm to hold a press conference with the Monk, claiming that the girl has misunderstood what rape and intercourse actually is and that a miscommunication has taken place and that the Monk was simply praying and doing the 'laying on of hands' and that the alcohol was to assist with the burning of incense and candles. The Monk has undergone a series of medical tests and has come out completely negative in terms of being pregnant, therefore he could not have raped the 14 year old girl.

Here is a link to why.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/656897-chalerm-baffles-nation-by-insisting-young-star-did-not-take-drug/

• Like 1

More monkey business.

Suddenly Buddhist monks seem to have adopted the habits of some of the Christian priests. Makes one wonder just how many more there are out there hiding under the saffron robes.

Good to see minister Paveena on hand. I hope the girls are OK and being looked after properly.

The 14 year old went out to buy alcohol? I hope it was not between 2pm and 5pm?

yes, buying alcohol at 14 seems difficult, as for the 2-5pm rule, it depends what shop and how many you buy, eg you can buy , during these hours, if you buy over 10l in 1 time, good to know.

Who indeed did dream up the idea of celibacy? Only some bigwigs in the Catholic & Buddhist hierarchy, who believe they have a "direct line" with their super power!

Celibacy is totally un-natural. Having a wife or girlfriend in no way interferes with ones religious beliefs -if they have them!

Celibacy seems completely stupid to me too and should be abolished, rape however is completely different, wether underaged or not.

You can be a successful lawyer or a politician

Here is a link to why.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/656897-chalerm-baffles-nation-by-insisting-young-star-did-not-take-drug/

Quote:

"He confessed to his crime, and claimed that he was unconscious under the influence of alcohol."

He still managed to rape the girl so he probably was not that much under the influence.

Scumbag !