Adjusting clothes

kurnell

When can I get several pairs of pants taken in (I found the secret to weight loss) in Bangkok? Prefer a shop that can do it on site (properly) and not an Indian tailor as I don't think I can stand the hard sell when I just want to take an inch or 2 off the waist.

Cheers

There's a relatively new tailor shop (it was new to me on my last trip to Bangkok, this May), on the Skytrain-accessible floor (that's the 3rd floor, I believe?)of Town Square Mall near Sukhumvit Soi 12...just as you walk in to the mall from the Skytrain bridge, it's right there in front of you along with a bunch of other little shops...it has an English name but I can't remember it.

Anyway, it's all Thais in there (women), not an Indian in sight, and they did a very good job of taking in a shirt I had to get altered, for a very reasonable price...150 baht if memory serves. Fast turnaround, too, I highly recommend them.

• Like 1

There's a relatively new tailor shop (it was new to me on my last trip to Bangkok, this May), on the Skytrain-accessible floor (that's the 3rd floor, I believe?)of Town Square Mall near Sukhumvit Soi 12...just as you walk in to the mall from the Skytrain bridge, it's right there in front of you along with a bunch of other little shops...it has an English name but I can't remember it.

Anyway, it's all Thais in there (women), not an Indian in sight, and they did a very good job of taking in a shirt I had to get altered, for a very reasonable price...150 baht if memory serves. Fast turnaround, too, I highly recommend them.

Splendid. Will have a look today. (hope the Indians weren't at lunch when you went in?)

The only Townsquare Mall I can find is in Chatuchuk https://www.facebook.com/pages/Townsquare-Shopping-Mall-Bangkok/593574710671331

Tell us the secret first, then you'll get your answer...

Don't eat at night
How much over what time frame did you loose?

And when you say night, you mean what time?

Eat breakfast and lunch as normal then an apple or something for dinner. Lose about half a kilo a week. Hungry every night for 3-6 weeks then it wares off. Now I'm sexy!

You live in Bang Kapi dont you?

If not, dont read this.

Go to The Mall BangKapi, groundfloor carpark at the back of Freshmart, there is a shop that does alterations.

The going rate for these old women with a sewing machine found all over the city is about 50 baht, rising to about 80 baht. Depends on whether they split the ass of your pants, or take it in at the sides.

Your design will dictate which method they use.

BTW the shop above will have no-one trying to flog you material or sexy man suits.

You live in Bang Kapi dont you?

If not, dont read this.

Go to The Mall BangKapi, groundfloor carpark at the back of Freshmart, there is a shop that does alterations.

The going rate for these old women with a sewing machine found all over the city is about 50 baht, rising to about 80 baht. Depends on whether they split the ass of your pants, or take it in at the sides.

Your design will dictate which method they use.

BTW the shop above will have no-one trying to flog you material or sexy man suits.

Damn! I was just there. Will take this weekend. Cheers