karlos

Yamaha R400 and R650 rumoured

Japanese magazine mocks-up new bikes

pinit.png
58870.jpg
Posted: 25 July 2013

by Visordown News

59496.jpgcopyrightimage.gif

JAPANESE magazine ‘Young Machine’ says Yamaha is planning two new middleweight sports bikes – the YZF-R400 and YZF-R650 – in competition with machines like the Honda CBR500R and Kawasaki ER-6F.

Weight is added to the idea by the fact that the firm has recently shown journalists a new twin-cylinder engine which might prove ideal to power such bikes. The firm gave no clues to the motor’s capacity or performance, but it could easily be in the region of 650cc, with the possibility of sleeving it down to 400cc for some markets. Kawasaki does a similar thing with its 650cc ER-6, which is offered as a 400 in some countries including Japan to suit local licence laws.

Any such bikes will be aimed far lower down the market than Yamaha’s existing R6, filling the yawning chasm between that bike and the entry-level R125 sports bike. Earlier this year Yamaha execs also confirmed that the company will be making a 250cc sports bike rivalling the CBR250R, although it will primarily be aimed at markets like India and Indonesia.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/yamaha-r400-and-r650-rumoured/23122.html#ixzz2aWqlhyjs

In addition to this another source has mentioned that a 4cyl 650 Honda will be coming soon, which backs up my findings at Lat Krabang's Honda plant :)

We are becoming spoilt for choice when it comes to mid weight sport bikes now

The 4cyl 650cc Honda is coming for sure :)

Seen pics of the engine on a friend's mobile phone while he was working on the production line :)

Do you know if it will be sold locally?

Or a Triumph style import/export tax ripoff?

I'm due a new bike but all these options are giving me a headache :)

The 4cyl 650cc Honda is coming for sure :)

Seen pics of the engine on a friend's mobile phone while he was working on the production line :)

Do you know if it will be sold locally?

Or a Triumph style import/export tax ripoff?

I'm due a new bike but all these options are giving me a headache :)

What a lovely headache to have eh?

The 4cyl 650cc Honda is coming for sure smile.png

Seen pics of the engine on a friend's mobile phone while he was working on the production line smile.png

probably the Hornet (CB600F) ?

Karlos, since you seem to have an inside informant, any more info on this 650 4 cyl ( in line i assume/hope) Honda??

What type of bike: supersport/touring/naked????

A few more years and we will have dozens of bikes to choice from.

Hope the pricing get's better too.

Seen pics of the engine on a friend's mobile phone while he was working on the production line smile.png

Karlos, since you seem to have an inside informant, any more info on this 650 4 cyl ( in line i assume/hope) Honda??

It's coming in a naked, fully faired and an adventure style. Similar to that of the current 500s (470s)
The bike 'should' be available November / December time this year and it is 650cc 4cyl and not a 600 hornet.
I spoke with the guy who hones these engines on the production line and he was telling me all the information about it's stroke, piston diameter and such but i have forgotten those measurements lol
Next time i see him i might ask him to email me a few pics of the engine and any other parts of the bike he can get access too.
If he does, i'll describe said parts only, i don't want to upload pics from his production line and jeopardise his job smile.png

Karl smile.png

P.S. Sorry if the Yamaha 650 was already discussed; i haven't been online here for a while and didn't check…. my bad.

Edited by karlos
  • Like 1

650 inline 4 should be pretty decent HP, no need to ask too many questions

And definitely protect your informant!! Those Honda 650s should be interesting bikes.... as for the Yammie, meh, who knows. Yamaha seems to be sitting on their hands as far as SE Asia is concerned. We're not getting the new triple etc. Mostly they seem to be good at disseminating rumors, I also remember reading about various different Yamahas that were coming. What actually happened is that they're selling the same 3 models they've always done...

• Like 1

It's coming in a naked, fully faired and an adventure style. Similar to that of the current 500s (470s)

The bike 'should' be available November / December time this year and it is 650cc 4cyl and not a 600 hornet.

I spoke with the guy who hones these engines on the production line and he was telling me all the information about it's stroke, piston diameter and such but i have forgotten those measurements lol

Next time i see him i might ask him to email me a few pics of the engine and any other parts of the bike he can get access too.

If he does, i'll describe said parts only, i don't want to upload pics from his production line and jeopardise his job smile.png

Karl smile.png

P.S. Sorry if the Yamaha 650 was already discussed; i haven't been online here for a while and didn't check…. my bad.

The main bike magazines will already have the information and photos so you can say you have a friend in Europe who gave you the information. whistling.gif

[

The main bike magazines will already have the information and photos so you can say you have a friend in Europe who gave you the information. whistling.gif

Mayby the title of this topic should be changed into; new honda 650 rumoured.

Did a search on Google, but no luck finding any more info on a new honda ( CB??) 650 4 cyl.the only ones showing up are the old CB 650 and 650 nighthawk.

In the eigthies i owned a CB 650Z, nice bike.

In those days Honda had 350-400-500-550-650-and 750 4 inlines!!!

post-143096-0-20219900-1375589004_thumb.

Could be! Karlos acquaintance may have feed him a red herring to protect his own a$$. A 4 that hasn't been mentioned or mock-ups sighted for a bike to be released in the foreseeable future seems strange. But there are mock-ups for a twin as per kittosofts post..................

My acquaintance was reffering to the Honda 650

Which is coming out later this year wink.png

THis thread has become a bit of a mess, i should have started another thread about the Honda 650 lol

??? Were we not talking about the new Honda 650cc parallel twin which is due to be released at Big Wing in Bangkok on...........think I've said to much already! whistling.gif

My acquaintance was reffering to the Honda 650

Which is coming out later this year wink.png

THis thread has become a bit of a mess, i should have started another thread about the Honda 650 lol

??? Were we not talking about the new Honda 650cc parallel twin which is due to be released at Big Wing in Bangkok on...........think I've said to much already! whistling.gif

You have indeed coffee1.gif