15 year old Bar Worker discovered at Soi 6 Bar by Pattaya Police

Rimmer

I hate to destroy your fantasy, but do you really think the school girls were really school girls?

Its no fantasy ,i dont know about that place but many ,many bars had 14 year olds working in them 23 years ago ,maybe not on beach road or 2nd road ,but out in soi bankot ect (much of it was open land then not the way it is today.) And no i did not go with them ,before you ask , but i used to stay out there and saw them all the time.

Edited by i claudius

You're right. Most underage girls working in the gogo/bar scene aimed at foreigners will have invested in a good quality fake ID, if they are serious about their work. My point is that these well publicised raids tend to focus on the bars aimed at foreigners rather than the Thai places.

Right.. though we also tend to read about it more if it involves foreigners and the tourist scene.

If there was a police action in some small Karaoke shack in Phitsanuloke, would you read about it on Thaivisa?

Probably not.

The news foreigners get in Thailand, and especially in Pattaya, is highly skewed towards events relating to foreigners, or else it's just less 'newsy'. The same mechanism causes expats in Bangkok and other places to think that Pattaya is some sort of Wild West of crime.

But they don't see that local Thai newspapers are reporting the most horrific of crimes all day long in every village and town in Thailand, but the only thing you read about is some 65 year old Farang being found dead in his condo. And hey-presto: 20 pages of replies in the News forum. If it involves some Thai person then it's a big 'yawn', if it's reported in the Farang news media (incl. Thaivisa) at all. When was the last time you read 'Thai dude found dead in his house.' Believe me, 65 year old Thai dudes die all over the place, too. But it's not news, especially not to us.

So for the same reason, Farangs in Pattaya collectively suffer from the feeling that their scene is being singled out. Not so; they just don't get to read about (and don't care about) similar actions that police undertake in Upper Nakhon Nowhere. In fact you only need to take one look at the overall scene in Pattaya to realize it actually seems to have a 'preferred status'; it has the most outrageous shows, and parties on till dawn where almost everywhere else police come shut things down, and hassle bars with silly things ("no dancing!" and other silliness)

Could because there are at least three 'vested interests' involved here !

I recall visiting an out of the way bar/club (in my part of Isaan not too far from the border) that was owned by a retired army colonel. There were at least four underage Cambodian girls working their and it was made quite clear that they were for Thai clientele, not Falangs !

Servicing Thai males has been going on for centuries - but, as Winnie suggests, we only tend to hear about the extremes when Falangs are involved.

I have seen the occasional underage girl working, but I wouldn't have guessed it if at some point their age hadn't come up in conversation.

They looked like 20 year olds, even by Thai standards. Had my GF's cousin visit for a couple of days. She's 15, but looks 20 also.

The customers are clearly not to blame in this case, as they are normally not informed about the girl being underage (because she looks older).

Have a 11 1/2 young Thai niece, she became breasts a year ago and could also be 15 in her appearance, no small girl.

In 3 years she is 15 and looks same 18+ ?

You never know. Better look in the ID card, that could be faked to, but at least you tried that possibility! blink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

It's not hard to find underage girls. In the early 70's mom and dad would sell their 12 year old girl for $800.I do mean sell,not rent.

But she would never fit in your suitcase on the flight home,would she?

sorry to be flippant ,just couldnt resist.

I never see these kinds of raids happening during high season.

You do see these kinds of raids, but by the time it's August you don't remember.

So... scrolling back.. down memory lane... to the last high season:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/610608-sunee-plaza-boy-bars-targeted-by-pattaya-police-30-day-crime-crackdown/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/607255-under-age-workers-and-drug-users-found-at-south-pattaya-karaoke-bar/

Expat perception of life in Thailand is the most inexact science in the world.

btw, in case people aren't aware, MFY Bar is a 'special' bar offering special, er, lollipop-esque services while the punters sit back with a beer.

Pattaya sucks!! It really sucks.......

Why? Does this not happen anywhere else in Thailand?

Over one's head alert. :D

3000 baht for a short time? how things have changed ,when i first came to Pattaya it was 200 baht,and not many bar workers were over 25 ,i fact many were far younger ,there even used to be a bar(and no i never went in) that had schoolgirls in their school uniforms there.

Thank god the good old days are gone then

I hate to destroy your fantasy, but do you really think the school girls were really school girls?

the 15 yr old would surely be classed as one. huh.png

sounds like she was ratted out.... Perhaps taking too many customers from the 38 year olds... whistling.gif

so u are sayting many nonces go to soi 6?????

sounds like she was ratted out.... Perhaps taking too many customers from the 38 year olds... whistling.gif

I read his post two more times, both lines of it, and after looking up the word 'nonce' in an online slang dictionary it does not appear that he was saying that, no.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

I read his post two more times, both lines of it, and after looking up the word 'nonce' in an online slang dictionary it does not appear that he was saying that, no.

Any real "nonce" would be very disappointed if he went looking for pre-pubescent children in soi 6.

• Like 2

Have a 11 1/2 young Thai niece, she became breasts a year ago

The mind boggles! I wonder whether there's a spate of 11 year old Thai girls turning into breasts. This I have to see!

Cannot help with photos, but can say, that none of my 32 year old GF's (41 kg, 1,54), dresses, (the aunt of the girl) fits the young niece and she is not fat,

just not small built.

Except of the "cup size", still my GF the aunt in front. I did not say the girl, is full developed. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

The underage thing is hyped massively. Most of the time you can't even find a lady under the age of 30 in the bars.

Well.. it could be like with taxis to Bangkok. They're absolutely everywhere, until you need one.

Doesn't mean they don't exist in significant numbers.