Temple abbot busted for impersonating Thai Police Colonel

webfact

Ok, I get that he wanted to drive his car and so slipped out of his robes, but what on earth possessed him to dress as a police colonel. Why not just ordinary civvies? Or was he so full of himself and wanted people notice and defer to him that he couldn't bear being an ordinary person---ah, wait, ok, it's becoming clearer now---

• Like 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, another blow for Buddhism and, more importantly, TAT.

What will all those foreign tourists who come to the kingdom to visit the temples be thinking when they hear of Thai monks beginning to sound more like the Medicis.

Well, right with it is just getting all a bit too much with all these news about Thai Buddhist monks gone crazy in one way or another, all the stories, anyway, with all the stories, we` ve heard over the last few weeks, I find that this Chonburi Temple based Bastard here, tops them all with his action 2 days ago

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ILpnfucEhaM?autoplay=1&autohide=1

Unaware that he was filmed,luckily he was: It`s been said that the monk did it many times before. A journalist who was hiding took the video, he was called by concerned locals from around the temple.

That guy is not a Monk,he is a Monster. I very much respect and believe in Buddhism, but by seeing this, and I have a really hard time to believe what I see, am getting sick of it...No I am not at all feeling bad by being disrespectful the way I talk about him. I do have ZERO respect for that prick. He must be banished from that temple and kicked off monk-hood IMMEDIATELY & FOR LIFE! What would someone like him teach all the young novice monks, what a terrible role model for the young.... HOLY BUDDHA HELP THAILAND, HELP US!

That's sickening.

• Like 1

"To assume the character or appearance of, especially fraudulently: impersonate a police officer."

"Most state laws also provide that the impersonation of a public official is a criminal act. In Texas, impersonating "a public servant with intent to induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to rely on his pretended official acts" is a crime "

Appears that he was only wearing a fashionable 'suit".... Of course it might save him a few hundred bahts at check points, but without voicing a pretention of any kind.

"To assume the character or appearance of", let's beware of impersonating Santa Claus... hummmm

Ok, I get that he wanted to drive his car and so slipped out of his robes, but what on earth possessed him to dress as a police colonel. Why not just ordinary civvies? Or was he so full of himself and wanted people notice and defer to him that he couldn't bear being an ordinary person---ah, wait, ok, it's becoming clearer now---

Word has it that his first disguise was in heels and a skirt but since he could not replicate the PM look he was after the BIB look had to suffice.

At least he was using an ordinary car which I can understand. Not really kosher if that is the right word but not unreasonable in terms of normal life. The uniform to me is a diferent matter though that may just my upbringing that uniforms are not used by people who do not own them.

How stupid is this 'monk'? Wearing sandals while dressed as a Police Colonel. Maybe they should check to see if he is a real monk too.

From now on I am going to look at all monks to see if any are wearing black boots.xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.png alt=laugh.png width=20 height=20>

Maybe police masquerading as monks.

My favourite line is this one: Religious rules dictate that Buddhist monks are not permitted to drive.

Does that indicate his colleagues of the Office of Buddhism will charge him for this, while a little bit of a new style "cross dressing" is acceptable?

How stupid is this 'monk'? Wearing sandals while dressed as a Police Colonel. Maybe they should check to see if he is a real monk too.

From now on I am going to look at all monks to see if any are wearing black boots.xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka.png alt=laugh.png width=20 height=20>

Maybe police masquerading as monks.

Always stick to the host with the most. There are not too many high paid jobs in a 300 Baht minimum wage country.

My favourite line is this one: Religious rules dictate that Buddhist monks are not permitted to drive.

Does that indicate his colleagues of the Office of Buddhism will charge him for this, while a little bit of a new style "cross dressing" is acceptable?

Does that mean he had no driver's licence?

Not too sure about the Budhist rules though. Maybe an expert like camerata could post which rule he broke.

Most Thai Police are guilty of impersonating Police officers.

However, anyone with a single shred of moral or ethical fibre wouldn't want to be mistaken or even associated with one of those wastes of skin.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I thought that monks could not be arrested or charged with anything. Don't they have to be defrocked first?

One of the questions asked when I first took out a Thai driving licence was 'can a monk hold a driving licence?' As if I knew - or cared.

Cannot be him, the top let alone the pants are not tight enough whistling.gifcheesy.gif

If recent events are anything to go by, no doubt there will be a brother coming out of the woods confessing that it was he, and not his brother, in the picture...!