Retirement and some questions about leaving Thailand.

The ink on the Passport stamp is smudged but I believe it reads.....

Extention of stay permitted up to 15 Sep 2013
Holder must leave the kingdom within the date specified herien

I currently have the slip of paper in the passport from immigration that says ;-

Have received notification of staying in Thailand for 90 days from 15th May.
(I have to go to Immigration on or before 12th Aug 2013)

For health reasons I have decided to go back to the U.K. for a while to see my own doctor and the heart doctor. I feel I am going to be gone some months so my intent is to get everything sorted health wise before considering coming back to Thailand.

I want to stay here in Thailand until I 'have' to leave - the last possible date, that is.
Because the ink is smudged on the stamp in my passport, I want to be sure of when I have to leave Thailand according to the visa stamp.
Would that be 15th Sept 2013? (meaning a trip to immigration on or before the 12th Aug 2013 ?)

IF the 15th Sept is my last day currently - Can I get some form of extension to this (maybe for a month) without :-

a border run.
need to show mony in the bank / proof of income

I do not currently want retirement based on income or funds in the bank.

I hope that is clear enough :)
Thanks in advance for any clear information.

I believe it would be helpful if you could state the reason for your extended stay .

Retirement? Marriage? 1 year O/A visa ?

As you seem to be making 90 reports you most likely have an extension of stay based on retirement or marriage.

If based on marriage there is a possibility of securing a 60 "extension" for visiting your wife.

Otherwise I don't believe there are any other options other than securing a tourist visa/ visa exempt entries for the addition month you seek.

I expect one of the experts will come along soon and provide more definitive advise.

If you are married to a Thai, you can get a 60 day extension whether or not your present extension is either for marriage or retirement. If not married and you are on a retirement extension then your only option is to apply for a 1 year extension and get a reentry permit which will keep your permission to stay valid when you reenter. Otherwise it's get visa exempt entries, 15 days by land or 30 days by air, or get a tourist visa in a neighboring country, you will only be able to get a 7 day "pack out" extension unless you have a Thai wife or family.

What was your previous extension of stay date? Current one would be one year later. If it is original extension what was the permitted to stay of the non immigrant O visa entry (would be one year later). You really need to know if 15 September is the correct date or not.

The other visa stamp in my replacement passport (after my other passport got destroyed) is a

Non - O

Admitted 18 June 2012

Until 15th Sep 2012.

Dated 07 Aug 21012

The rest of what it says is all in Thai.

The other is stamped

Retirement (and was given based on funds in the bank at that time).

I have to report my address every 90 days. My next address report due 12th August.

Because the ink is blurred it is hard to tell the wording on the Retirement stamp.

I believe it says on the retirement stamp ....

Extension of stay permitted until 15th Sep 2013.

It would be one year from the previous date so September 15 is correct and you can stay until midnight on that date. But you do need to make a TM.47 address report August 12 (15 days prior until 7 days after window).

It would be one year from the previous date so September 15 is correct and you can stay until midnight on that date. But you do need to make a TM.47 address report August 12 (15 days prior until 7 days after window).

Thanks very much for that clarification :)

If ... on a retirement extension then your only option is to apply for a 1 year extension and get a reentry permit which will keep your permission to stay valid when you reenter.

The OP will not, of course, be able to apply at his local immigration office for a new extension + re-entry permit before Monday 19 August when the standard "30 days before" window will, in practice, open for him. Although Jomtien (which I assume from his username to be his local office) have allowed applications up to 60 days beforehand in the past, recent reports would appear to indicate that that this is no longer the case.

New policy seems to be 45 days early everywhere from several current reports.

According to the thread at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/654656-retirement-visa-extension-the-date-you-can-apply-has-changed/, this new policy has certainly been adopted at Bangkok Immigration - although I am not aware of any similar reports relating to other immigration offices.

Be that as it may, I would have thought it highly unlikely that Bangkok would have made such a change off their own bat without reference to Immigration Bureau HQ with whom they are presumably co-located. So if we are, indeed, talking about a nationwide change, there must presumably exist a letter from some Immigration Bureau top dog akin to the one issued at the end of May authorising an increase in the validity period of Embassy income confirmation letters from 15 days to 6 months?

Edited by OJAS

But why go in so early unless you are planning a trip out of the country.

Two weeks is plenty of time to get it done.

My personal preference is to get a new extension of stay sorted at the earliest opportunity - particularly as you don't lose out date-wise by applying early (unlike in the case of 90-day reporting for some ridiculous reason).