Thailand aims to attract Muslim, Israeli and gay tourists

webfact

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A muslim, an Israeli and a gay walk into a bar.......

...the bartender is a Papua New Guinea headhunter...

and the barman says"I happen to be the boss of one of the biggest executive recruitment firms in S.E Asia"would you be interested in..................

I can't understand how one markets Thailand travel to gays. If I were gay, I might be offended at the whole idea. It seems somewhat discriminatory to me.

As for Muslims, I suppose you could cater to their very strict lifestyle, but Thailand has strong "sanook" culture that I would think offensive to most orthodox Muslims.

I used to run across the odd Israeli tourist here but not for some time, so perhaps the numbers have dwindled a lot. It's my impression that more and more people feel less and less support for Israel and think of it as a rouge state now. It seems that its only ally in the world is the USA, so Israelis may not feel welcome or comfortable anywhere else in the world now.

Edited by Wavefloater
  • Like 1

Now, is that 3 different groups, or are they trying to attract Gay Muslim Israelis?

Given Gay Muslim Israeli demographics, they'd probably get more bang for their advertising buck elsewhere.

But if it is 3 different groups, they may get plenty of bang for their advertising dollar. Probably not the bangs they want.

Now, is that 3 different groups, or are they trying to attract Gay Muslim Israelis?

Given Gay Muslim Israeli demographics, they'd probably get more bang for their advertising buck elsewhere.

But if it is 3 different groups, they may get plenty of bang for their advertising dollar. Probably not the bangs they want.

they could open a huge paintball center where they can shoot each other without hurting themself.

did they think

gays = have money

jews = have money

muslims = have money

is the idea behind ?

but ask any market salesman or massage lady which foreigners they hate most of all, they all say: arabs & israelis. period.

• Like 1

did they think

gays = have money

jews = have money

muslims = have money

is the idea behind ?

but ask any market salesman or massage lady which foreigners they hate most of all, they all say: arabs & israelis. period.

I think gays aren't good customer for the "massage" lady as well.

A muslim, an Israeli and a gay walk into a bar.......

...the bartender is a Papua New Guinea headhunter...
He gets head from the gay, then. bah.gif

the Muslim asks the Israeli whether this is kosher behaviour...

never

did they think

gays = have money

jews = have money

muslims = have money

is the idea behind ?

wow, so Muslims are all Arabs are they ? I never knew that.

I'll bet you Malaysia would never go for these groups. In fact, I'm not even sure Malaysia is all that excited over bringing in foreign muslims. Did the tourist authority say anything about bringing in Shia and/or Sunni to the same resort? Bring a little bit of Iraq to Southeast Asia.

What! No Greek Orthodox, West Samoans or Cajuns?

Samoans will not fit into Tuk Tuk , not to mention need 2 sits on the plane.

I do not think locals can even imagine people come in that size, not to mention bars will be dry , as they can drink and drink and drink.:)

• Like 1

May I re write this headline please:

Thailand welcomes sex tourists who cant get it up in thair own country. giggle.gif

Could not attract a girl young enough to be their daughter/granddaughters would be more precise.

• Like 1

I'll bet you Malaysia would never go for these groups. In fact, I'm not even sure Malaysia is all that excited over bringing in foreign muslims. Did the tourist authority say anything about bringing in Shia and/or Sunni to the same resort? Bring a little bit of Iraq to Southeast Asia.

Malaysia, lets say Langkawi is full with Muslim tourists. They really love it there.....They don't want wahabit prayers, but they like tourists.