Honda cbr650 2014

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am at honda bigwing bangkok at this moment for 18 k km service for my cbr500r.

They have brought the 650 series show models and the new engine to bigwing already.

While here, i checked my booking status and figured out that i am number 8 for red cbr650f:)

Also they said no production delays and productiin fully ends on 12th of february and as i am in the first lot of delivery, i will be receiving my cbr650f at the end of february on 25th to 28th of february which is GREAT:D

Better than end of march sure!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

May i ask did you ever ride a er6n/650r? If you have,is there a big noticable power difference between them? (cb500 vs er6n/650r)

I had a Versys 650 and rented a CBX500 for a day - there's a huge difference between the two, much bigger than I thought. It's most noticeable on the highway where the CBX500 requires some planning to overtake cars going 120+. I had it up to 160 and it was fine, but it doesn't get there fast like the Versys. On the Kawa you don't have to think you just twist the throttle and zoom past people.

The Versys is geared a little different to the ER-6n/Ninja, more usable torque, more low end, and shorter 1st gear amongst other things. Coming from the Versys, the power on the CBX500 was disappointing. It felt weak. Handling and city riding was great on the CBX. The other weak point was the suspension where the CBX500 is comparable to the cheap suspension on the ER-6n - Versys is *way* better especially in bad road conditions. As you'd expect from a 100k price difference, I should add.

Edited by nikster

1521531_700233550010263_1677542564_n.jpg

I revved that cbr650f with moriwaki full system today meechai:D

Sounda OK.

But revved the stock one and liked the tone better.

Moriwaki full system is available like March for 55 k thb, pretty steep price but good quality for sure

I am at honda bigwing bangkok at this moment for 18 k km service for my cbr500r.

They have brought the 650 series show models and the new engine to bigwing already.

While here, i checked my booking status and figured out that i am number 8 for red cbr650f:)

Also they said no production delays and productiin fully ends on 12th of february and as i am in the first lot of delivery, i will be receiving my cbr650f at the end of february on 25th to 28th of february which is GREAT:D

Better than end of march sure!

May i ask did you ever ride a er6n/650r? If you have,is there a big noticable power difference between them? (cb500 vs er6n/650r)

I had a Versys 650 and rented a CBX500 for a day - there's a huge difference between the two, much bigger than I thought. It's most noticeable on the highway where the CBX500 requires some planning to overtake cars going 120+. I had it up to 160 and it was fine, but it doesn't get there fast like the Versys. On the Kawa you don't have to think you just twist the throttle and zoom past people.

The Versys is geared a little different to the ER-6n/Ninja, more usable torque, more low end, and shorter 1st gear amongst other things. Coming from the Versys, the power on the CBX500 was disappointing. It felt weak. Handling and city riding was great on the CBX. The other weak point was the suspension where the CBX500 is comparable to the cheap suspension on the ER-6n - Versys is *way* better especially in bad road conditions. As you'd expect from a 100k price difference, I should add.

Nice comparison nikster.

Sure versys is a better bike than cb500x. Cb500x excels on low speed ride and tight corners imo. And yes cb500x costs less to maintain and fuel. Apart from these everything on versys is better.

It should be very dissapointing to pay 100 k and get an inferior bike for sure!

Sounda OK.

Moriwaki full system is available like March for 55 k thb, pretty steep price but good quality for sure

Did you notice how much lower the R bars were to the F's, or was there not much difference?

Did you notice how much lower the R bars were to the F's, or was there not much difference?

I have a friend in Chiang Mai who was planning on getting the Versys 650 but Big Wing in CM is advertising the CB650R and CB650F and he is going for that one now. Said there was a 4 month wait at Big Wing Chiang Mai. The R version may stand for Racing as it has the low bars. He wants more of a touring bike now instead of his CBR250 and wants the F version as it has higher bars for more comfortable long distance touring.

He mentioned it is the first 4 cylinder bike in Thailand but not sure if he meant main stream bikes or just Honda. He showed me a YouTube video of it and it sounds really smooth.

Sounda OK.

it is around same difference between a 500f and 500r. of course cb650f is more upright but cbr650f bars were not very low really, good ergonomics if you ask me.

I have a friend in Chiang Mai who was planning on getting the Versys 650 but Big Wing in CM is advertising the CB650R and CB650F and he is going for that one now. Said there was a 4 month wait at Big Wing Chiang Mai. The R version may stand for Racing as it has the low bars. He wants more of a touring bike now instead of his CBR250 and wants the F version as it has higher bars for more comfortable long distance touring.

He mentioned it is the first 4 cylinder bike in Thailand but not sure if he meant main stream bikes or just Honda. He showed me a YouTube video of it and it sounds really smooth.

now they say waiting list is until August for Honda Bigwing Bangkok!

I am sure many decided not buying double pot kawasakis or planning to sell theirs or have sold alreadybiggrin.png

Edited by ll2

now they say waiting list is until August for Honda Bigwing Bangkok!

I am sure many decided not buying double pot kawasakis or planning to sell theirs or have sold alreadybiggrin.png

Yeah, he said the difference in price was only 10k Baht between kawasaki and the cb650, so pretty obvious choice it would seem.

^ We'll have to wait and see - this is not a straight-up comparison particularly for the Versys. The Versys is a great all around bike, not too heavy, enough power for most anything, much improved suspension over the ER-6n/f.... those 650s make sense as a direct competition to the ER-6n and 6f (Ninja) but Honda doesn't really offer anything like the Versys, except maybe the NC700X but I think that's still more expensive even with the recent price cuts.

Versys should be better on twisty roads in northern Thailand because it's lighter and can take on the bad roads better.

^ We'll have to wait and see - this is not a straight-up comparison particularly for the Versys. The Versys is a great all around bike, not too heavy, enough power for most anything, much improved suspension over the ER-6n/f.... those 650s make sense as a direct competition to the ER-6n and 6f (Ninja) but Honda doesn't really offer anything like the Versys, except maybe the NC700X but I think that's still more expensive even with the recent price cuts.

Versys should be better on twisty roads in northern Thailand because it's lighter and can take on the bad roads better.

you are totally right on what you are saying Nikster.

Versys is a good ADV bike with good components so of course my words/comparisons are only towards er6n and f.

But i am sure we will see an ADV bike in the near future from Honda what i heard!!!

Maybe a V4 xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.RBppOEA-hT.w

Versys is a good ADV bike with good components so of course my words/comparisons are only towards er6n and f.

But i am sure we will see an ADV bike in the near future from Honda what i heard!!!

That would be really cool, actually! Let's see. Is that the reason they didn't make a 650 'x' model like they did with the 500s? IMO the CBX500 a bit of a pretend ADV bike - it looks a little like one, but it actually has the exact same suspension as the R and F models....

That would be really cool, actually! Let's see. Is that the reason they didn't make a 650 'x' model like they did with the 500s? IMO the CBX500 a bit of a pretend ADV bike - it looks a little like one, but it actually has the exact same suspension as the R and F models....

yep, i heard bout a V4 in Thailand some time ago, let see...and hope.

Actually, cb500x has a longer stroke both front and rear for more clearance, rough roads, for trails and for better handling. that is why it is higher that other 500 series.

Maybe Honda felt it would take sales away from the already low selling Crossrunner?

i heard about a V4 ADV bike long before they release 650 series.

Possibly a new model crossrunner? I hope as it si a great bike like they updated cbr600f in Thailand as cbr650f.

I have just read a Rideapart off road group test review of the NC700X, Versys, V-Strom and BMW F800GS.The NC 700X came out on top, V-Strom was second and the Versys and F800GS were joint last. The review was really impressed with the NC700X's off road ability.

Edited by BirdsandBooze

Maybe Honda felt it would take sales away from the already low selling Crossrunner?

i heard about a V4 ADV bike long before they release 650 series.

Possibly a new model crossrunner? I hope as it si a great bike like they updated cbr600f in Thailand as cbr650f.

I doubt it'd be a new model. More likely to move the manufacturing here than any major redesign. I'm sure a minor facelift is on the way in a couple of years or so.

I have just read a Rideapart off road group test review of the NC700X, Versys, V-Strom and BMW F800GS.The NC 700X came out on top, V-Strom was second and the Versys and F800GS were joint last. The review was really impressed with the NC700X's off road ability.

Do you have a link, because I can't find it on the RideApart site?

Do you have a link, because I can't find it on the RideApart site?

http://rideapart.com/2013/02/rideapart-review-honda-nc700x/

I was today at Honda BigWing in Chiang Mai. Actually I wanted to take a look at the bike, but they seem to have only a handfull. After 4 days they were shipped to Udon Thani and then elsewhere for show.

Good news however is the bike should be available already in mid February and not in June/July as previously posted.

Link?

To be fair the review has a lot of U.S. specific stuff in it. E.g. Versys doesn't have ABS in the USA (does in TH); NX700X is the cheapest by far (more expensive than Versys and V-Strom in TH). Et cetera. But yeah they did love the NX700X and so did most other reviews.