Honda cbr650 2014

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has the CBR650 been test ridden by any magazines yet? I am sure it willl be a great bike, but I am leary of ordering one until someone has verified that.

It's a Honda. It will be well built and reliable or it will be the first in decades to not be. But no, it doesn't look like there are any reviews yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Received a call from honda bigwing today and bike is ready to receive from 14th to 18th of March so if trade in procedures go well, i have a chance to get my new red honda cbr650f this friday and can go for a ride asap this weekend to kanchanaburi!

VIVAAA. My new bike is coming finally and 2 weeks before the estimated release!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My new bike is coming finally and 2 weeks before the estimated release!

Congrats LL nothing like looking forward to a new bike eh? ;)

What was the final price on those? 300k? I think is what I saw for Motoexpo prices back in Dec 2013

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My new bike is coming finally and 2 weeks before the estimated release!

Congrats LL nothing like looking forward to a new bike eh? wink.png

What was the final price on those? 300k? I think is what I saw for Motoexpo prices back in Dec 2013

thanks!

yes Mania, there is nothing in this world that brings me more happiness than receiving a new bike. especially if it is good value, red, honda and has 4 cylinders!

it is 300 k flat plus 10 k for 1st class insurance and no payment for registration for Bigwing members - possibly, they will transfer my old license plate from my cbr500r?

cool price and great price/performance value. I never imagined to buy a 4 cylinder bike in Thailand for that price!

what you going for the pussy break in or hard break in ,in my opinion always got to be hard break in,bike has good warranty so never a problem.

hard break in all the way Tanin!

So, i will get the bike and will ride it 100 kms hard and the same day, bring it back to Bigwing Bangkok for 100 km oil and oil filter change - semi synthetic - Hard ride means, redlining it at times, accelerating and decelerating between the gears etc.

Maybe a two up tour on the highway after 500 km as engine needs some load. No constant speed on highway, changing the gears and varying the speed.

After that, hard riding again and back to the dealer for changing the oil and air filter at 1000 kms - semi synthetic -. A track day after 1000 km on 30th of March which is useful for a new enginebiggrin.png

change oil and oil filter again on 3000 kms - semi synthetic.

Later again oil and filter change at 6000 kms - switch to full synthetic. All hard rides in between.

after 6000 kms, it does not matter much.

I follow this break in method for some time.

oh there is yours 3rd from left back row wink.png

1797354_743424499002111_541122141_n.jpg?

mania, i am number 9 on the list and possibly around 3rd or 4th person getting the red cbr650f like you said laugh.png

I will be a guinea pig like i was on cbr500r albeit a fast one sure!

this is a happy day for me!

bikes look cool on the photos, although does not like the odd, mature, big assed design of these new honda 650 series, still from some angles, it looks cool so it is growing on me know - i have no chance anyway - for example, they look good on these photos.

Hope it rides cool too!

Edited by ll2

I never imagined to buy a 4 cylinder bike in Thailand for that price!

I know in the last 2 years things have changed very quickly for Thailand.

Thai Superbike has said Kawasaki ZX6R 636 is coming this year

If so I imagine it is full import same as the Yamaha MT-09

Yes Thailand has really changed quickly wink.png

Congrats again & enjoy your new ride

Nice,don't forget althogh they say 100 km the first 20-25 km is the most important.

I decided to do the first 100 km oil change myself as I'm sure honda don't approve this break in method and I would rather them not now what method I use .

Look forward to ride reports.

I never imagined to buy a 4 cylinder bike in Thailand for that price!

I know in the last 2 years things have changed very quickly for Thailand.

Thai Superbike has said Kawasaki ZX6R 636 is coming this year

If so I imagine it is full import same as the Yamaha MT-09

Yes Thailand has really changed quickly wink.png

Congrats again & enjoy your new ride

thanks mania.

i heard about kawa zx636 as well but it will cost similar to a 1000 cc supersport here maybe 80 - 100 k thb less.

But, if they build kawa zx636 here and sell it for 450 k - 500 k thb, i might sell honda and go for it laterbiggrin.png ducati 899 is also coming!

Edited by ll2

thanks mania.

i heard about kawa zx636 as well but it will cost similar to a 1000 cc supersport here maybe 80 - 100 k thb less.

But, if they build kawa zx636 here and sell it for 450 k - 500 k thb, i might sell honda and go for it later:D ducati 899 is also coming!

Yes will not be cheap but may be about 550k Baht

Using same formula Yamaha has used on importing Japan MT-09

45% higher than USD price

I do not think Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki will allow their flagship bikes to be built

in Thailand. Perhaps someday if Thailand can up its game but not for awhile.

But better taxation agreements is softening the Japan Import prices now.

So I expect Thai's will be able to buy some other models very soon.

Same as what happened with Ducati Corse Stripe.

Yes will not be cheap but may be about 550k Baht

Using same formula Yamaha has used on importing Japan MT-09

45% higher than USD price

I do not think Honda/Yamaha/Kawasaki will allow their flagship bikes to be built

in Thailand. Perhaps someday if Thailand can up its game but not for awhile.

But better taxation agreements is softening the Japan Import prices now.

So I expect Thai's will be able to buy some other models very soon

The "weak" Yen is helping them a lot. They could relax prices easily, but guess what. they do that in the US only, an almost saturated big market with a fierce competition.

The "weak" Yen is helping them a lot. They could relax prices easily, but guess what. they do that in the US only, an almost saturated big market with a fierce competition.

Yes it is an Asian oddity 555

Not just in bike pricing but everything.

Elsewhere in the world times get tough prices go down to encourage buying.

Asia raise instead to try & make up for lost income smile.png

But looking back even 2 years one cannot complain too much as prices here have

dropped dramatically on a few new import bikes.

I think Kawasaki was 1st with their 1000cc price drop

Edited by mania

Nice for you II2, I bet you have a hard time sleeping on Thursday.biggrin.png

I don't agree with the running it in like you stole it theory, I am an engineer myself and I have always followed what the manual/mechanics says regarding running in a new vehicle. I had a few new bikes over the years and they all rode like a dream and no mecanical failures after a gentle run in.

Hard break-in is the way to go, for good and sound engineering-backed reasons. beside, it's more fun.

Manufacturers have no interest in how an engine will perform during its lifetime, considering that 99.99% of buyers will not make it perform anyway.

The only worry they have is that you don't break it during the warranty period.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

And read from there.

Edited by paz

I don't agree with the running it in like you stole it theory, I am an engineer myself and I have always followed what the manual/mechanics says regarding running in a new vehicle. I had a few new bikes over the years and they all rode like a dream and no mecanical failures after a gentle run in.

one of the biggest reason for for hard break in is, i am not that patient to ride it like my grandma for 3000 kmsbiggrin.png

one of the biggest reason for for hard break in is, i am not that patient to ride it like my grandma for 3000 kmsbiggrin.png

I did a fair bit of research on this topic when I bought my last big bike. Lots of opinions from professionals and mechanics out ther, but two things were consistently recommended. Non-synthetic oil and varying the RPM's. This makes sense to me so I drive like normal but make sure I don't stay at a consistent speed for long.

Ha-Ha, no need to, something like this:

http://rideapart.com/2013/10/how-to-break-in-a-new-motorcycle-engine/

I just had a look at the CB650 again and it looks quite nice, the naked version.

I know I said no 4 cyl bike for me but 300K baht is very cheap, so I am looking forward to the reviews and go and have a look

at Big Wing pattaya when I come home from work.

I just had a look at the CB650 again and it looks quite nice, the naked version.

I know I said no 4 cyl bike for me but 300K baht is very cheap, so I am looking forward to the reviews and go and have a look

When I visited recently, they only had a naked black one with ugly aftermarket useless parts. I wasn't impressed.

Edited by paz

When I visited recently, they only had a naked lack one with ugly aftermarket useless parts. I wasn't impressed.

the aftermarket industry takes a while to catch up with accessories for new bikes ,if i was buying one

id leave it stock for about 6 months to avoid paying big wing prices for the extra bits ......

sw motech and givi and all the cheaper copycats will make have other options available by then

it looks like a decent spec for the money ,a 4 cylinder 650 for 300k ? id be tempted to trade my versys

in and get one if i didnt love it so much .......

decisions ,decisions :)

getting my cbr650f this Saturday as Friday has an important meeting tomorrow!:(

Anyway, waited for 3 months so can wait one more day!

Also, they offer 15 percent discount on mods which makes the prices nice. But, to get this discount, you need to get the parts the day you receive your bike.

19 k thb for Ohlins shock from 23 k. Very good price if you ask me.

3300 thb - from 3974 thb - for 'Active' tail tidy and 4400 for R&G tail tidy - from 5206 thb - ,

2200 thb - from 2600 thb - for R&G radiator cover.

wanted to get real carbon fiber engine covers but they are small and price is big at 7600 thb - 7900 thb without discount. Maybe later together with carbon fiber front fender and they are made by TYGA Performance and looks really well made. Thanks TYGA.

Also they have other bits such as levers, handle bar for cb650f, CF rear hugger, panniers and pannier bars, top box plate, bar ends, fork caps, brake reservoir cap and more and all very reasonable prices to buy from a dealer if you ask me and quality is good.

Attached is the price list of parts but in Thai.

And it is really nice to get aftermarket parts right away once the 650 series are released. and the same day you get your bike. For 500 series, we waited for a long time to get things.

Kudos to Honda for that, they were prepared.

So, i will go for Active tail tidy, r&g radiator cover and tank pad plus fuel cap pad. They will all cost me around 6500 thb with the discount. Nice!

I am interested on Ohlins rear shock as well but i believe, rear and front suspensions needed to be upgraded together as i will put the nice Ohlins back and then front suspensions will not be on par with it. So i postpone the Ohlins unit until i can find some good priced aftermarket springs for front.

Moriwaki full system exhaust is 45 k - 38 with 15% discount - and Mugen pipe is priced at an amazing! 50 k thb - 42 k after discount. They look cool and super good quality made in Japan but for these prices, i will not be getting one for sure.

Besides, 28 k thb for Moriwaki rearset - 24 k after discount, still very expensive if you ask me.

I cannot wait for Saturday!!!

Things like reservoir covers and CF bits are usually a much better deal via China through eBay- I wouldn't go that route for anything really important (except possibly levers- I've got Pazzos, but there have been excellent reviews for the Chinese knock-offs), but I've found their billet and CF stuff to be excellent quality- I just ordered a CF chain-guard that should look way better than the stock piece.