Honda cbr650 2014

The bike you chose to display is so iconic and recognizable that I had to look it up on google to tell what it was. If you asked 10 random Americans to name an American supersport bike 9 out of 10 probably counldnt name one. I am an American and ride motorcycles and I couldnt name one. But however I could probably rattle off a dozen from elsewhere around the globe.

I keep forgetting that there are people who are unable to parse information and have basic reading comprehension especially since the website was linked to in my post. Lack of knowledge due to whatever reason does not invalidate facts.

There is an American superbike; the EBR 1190RX (and the essentially race only RS).

The person I was replying to was trying to state that compared to "The American Motorcycle" (Harley Davidson) the 650F is a supersport. I was just pointing out the ignorance and generally accepted slagging of Americans....not that there's much if any separation between the two as superiority complex is neatly tied into the level that people assume they are more intelligent than evidenced by fact.

Buell/EBR, Zero Motorcycles, Fischer Motorcycles, Motoczysz and Motus (will be manufacturing their MST direct injection V4 this year) are manufacturers of American bikes that break from the Confederate/Boss Hoss/Harley/Victory/Indian mold.

I can see why you like to post on here. You think by using overly complicated sentences with complex grammar that people will be impressed.

I am going to use some very simple english to point out what I think the original poster was trying to say. The cbr650 is much faster / sportier than most American bikes. Pointing out one "American superbike" really has nothing to do with his comment.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see why you like to post on here. You think by using overly complicated sentences with complex grammar that people will be impressed.

I am going to use some very simple english to point out what I think the original poster was trying to say. The cbr650 is much faster / sportier than most American bikes. Pointing out one "American superbike" really has nothing to do with his comment.

Ok...I use easy word for you. Long time stay with bar girl make Engrish no good. Me understand.

Mr. Wong he say "Compared to American bikes" but he no say "some American bikes". Amerika mee mocyc good mak-mak same Japan or EEtalee.

Are you pleased that except for this sentence I did not use any complicated sentences nor complex grammar? I sincerely apologise for having an education that affords me the luxury of expressing myself.

Actually, the new EBR suoerbike was the first bike I thought of as far as the new breed of American sportbikes go- if you've been keeping up with what's current for the last 18 months or so, you'd know about it- unless you actually make an effort to keep up with what's going on in the world of motorcycles beyond Thai-based forums and media (personally I have online subscriptions to Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Sport Rider, Fast Bikes, and Superbike) you're going to miss quite a bit.

Edited by RubberSideDown

Ok...I use easy word for you. Long time stay with bar girl make Engrish no good. Me understand.

Mr. Wong he say "Compared to American bikes" but he no say "some American bikes". Amerika mee mocyc good mak-mak same Japan or EEtalee.

Are you pleased that except for this sentence I did not use any complicated sentences nor complex grammar? I sincerely apologise for having an education that affords me the luxury of expressing myself.

Wanna take out the bikes and go for a ride with me this weekend?

Edited by 1BADDAT

not that bad. not a supersport but a real sport bike for sure. 0 - 100 kph times might be as good as a cbr600rr due to low down torque and better value than anything legal in the market here.

one more month and i am getting my cbr650f red. hard to wait man!

the old hornet was about .4 to .6 seconds slower than cbrr i think new 650f will be about the same can't really see it being quicker than the old 600f,as you know it all depends on rider though i left many cbr600rr behind on my 600 hornet they were obviously new riders off the sort all the gear no idea.equal skilled riders 600rr win every time but not a lot in it.

P.S. dave boo i have never heard of or seen that bike in my entire life ........

It's ok; hopefully you remember the Buell motorcycles (Blast, Lightning, Cyclone, 1125©R, Ulysses, Firebolt). Erik Buell had his ties severed with Harley Davidson and started his own company. They had a ton of success last year in AMA racing and will be racing in WSB this year.

It's ok; hopefully you remember the Buell motorcycles (Blast, Lightning, Cyclone, 1125©R, Ulysses, Firebolt). Erik Buell had his ties severed with Harley Davidson and started his own company. They had a ton of success last year in AMA racing and will be racing in WSB this year.

Great! Where can we buy one of these American superbikes?

Wanna take out the bikes and go for a ride with me this weekend?

More than happy to...you have a visa and import license for the Middle East?

Or is it some veiled threat against my personal health and safety? Because that's funny too.

No threat. Was just trying to diffuse the situation because it was going nowhere at supersport speed.

Great! Where can we buy one of these American superbikes?

Where can you get any bike model that isn't officially imported into Thailand? You'd have to order one through a grey-market importer- there are several Buells in LOS- no doubt the new EBR bikes will make their way in sooner or later (not that I would buy any bike- American, Italian, Japanese, etc- that didn't have at least a minimal support structure here as getting parts and proper service would be difficult).

Considering how well Ducati and BMW are doing in Thailand, there will probably be a (small) market for another ~1.5m bike.

Edited by RubberSideDown

not that bad. not a supersport but a real sport bike for sure. 0 - 100 kph times might be as good as a cbr600rr due to low down torque and better value than anything legal in the market here.

one more month and i am getting my cbr650f red. hard to wait man!

the old hornet was about .4 to .6 seconds slower than cbrr i think new 650f will be about the same can't really see it being quicker than the old 600f,as you know it all depends on rider though i left many cbr600rr behind on my 600 hornet they were obviously new riders off the sort all the gear no idea.equal skilled riders 600rr win every time but not a lot in it.

P.S. dave boo i have never heard of or seen that bike in my entire life ........

cbr650f is giving max torque and power 2000 rpm before hornet 600 and 650 has a short gearing but yeah 650 is heavy so lets see.

the worst is the rear end of the bike. chunky.

retro style lovers might like it but i like sharp rear ends and the design of cbr500r a lot more than this.

still not bad. some small cosmetics, it will look better.

Edited by ll2

from pictures I've seen the front off this bike just reminds me of the old kawasaki gpz hope it looks better in real life

attachicon.gif146-1104-09-z+kawasaki-GPZ900R+three-quarter-view.jpg

Looks nothing like it. I had to scroll up to see if I was still on the 650F thread.

Now, if you were to say that about any of the GSXR's, then I would agree.

Suzuki-GSX-R1000.jpg

I don't understand how they get away with agricultural forks from 50 yrs ago? (including kawa)

Some design changes to integrate the tail light/plate would be nice, it hangs out like a sore thumb

Because they work?

And keep costs down and are easy for almost any bike shop to fix with minimal tools... all plus points for a developing country methinks!

personally i think they are a bit better than what was available in 1964 though!

post-195835-0-14521900-1392400900_thumb.

Are these bikes being exported for the European market,if so I don't really see where it fits in,especially the naked version,which seems to have a bigger engine but lower spec than the already popular 600 hornet.

I also said this about the honda 150 & 250 and during the last 6 months in the uk didn't see any of these bikes on the road ,loads of the Yamaha 125 though that looks like the r6

The first news of the CBR 650 F came from MCM covering the Italy Milan Motor Show. It was on YouTube about a month before the Bangkok Moto Expo. These bikes will defiantly be make there way to Europe. They will probably go to America as well.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Nope. Not going to the US, at least not in 2014.

It is.

The Thai blurb at "MotoBibBike"

states this color (blue) will be sold in Thailand

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Even though Honda say they're not going to be produced in blue?

who told you this Richard? smile.png

No - it's in the press packs.

The CB650F will be available in the following colour options:

Pearl Metalloid White (Tricolour)

Pearl Himalayas White

Matt Gunpowder Black Metallic

Sword Silver Metallic

Pearl Queen Bee Yellow

The CBR650F will be available in the following colour options:

Pearl Metalloid White (Tricolour)

Pearl Metalloid White

Graphite Black

Sword Silver Metallic

Honda USA website says the non-ABS version will be available in blue. I have not seen a picture of a blue one yet though (Not counting the Moriwaki modded one)

blue650.jpg

I love the stubby little exhaust - one of the best features of the Kwaka 650 too. Keep the pipe out of the way and prevent the odd singed calf - and happy pillions without hot scalded bums. (Had to alter it - my pillion already has a hot bum).