Honda cbr650 2014

I am interested on Ohlins rear shock as well but i believe, rear and front suspensions needed to be upgraded together as i will put the nice Ohlins back and then front suspensions will not be on par with it. So i postpone the Ohlins unit until i can find some good priced aftermarket springs for front.

I cannot wait for Saturday!!!

I think I would grab that Ohlin as the 4k or so is the only really good discount of the things you listed.

Cosmetic stuff is cosmetic but a good shock pays real dividends in riding/handling

The front is a simple fix as you probably will change springs to match your weight maybe cartridges

but you can only go so far with those forks anyway.

But yeah that discount on the Ohlin is attractive

Congrats though on getting your new bike & looking forward to your

impressions!

Edited by mania

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Things like reservoir covers and CF bits are usually a much better deal via China through eBay- I wouldn't go that route for anything really important (except possibly levers- I've got Pazzos, but there have been excellent reviews for the Chinese knock-offs), but I've found their billet and CF stuff to be excellent quality- I just ordered a CF chain-guard that should look way better than the stock piece.

the brake reservoir cap is 400 thb, handle bar is 3400 thb and 1400 thb, bar ends 600 thb. Not bad actually and good thign si no hassle, no shipping and you get it right away with free installation.

I am OK with this.

I am surprised for the cheap price of r&g and some imported parts. r&g tail tidy for cbr500r nearly costs double if you order from abroad.

Nothing can beat Chinese products on price as you stated though.

I am interested on Ohlins rear shock as well but i believe, rear and front suspensions needed to be upgraded together as i will put the nice Ohlins back and then front suspensions will not be on par with it. So i postpone the Ohlins unit until i can find some good priced aftermarket springs for front.

I cannot wait for Saturday!!!

I think I would grab that Ohlin as the 4k or so is the only really good discount of the things you listed.
Cosmetic stuff is cosmetic but a good shock pays real dividends in riding/handling
The front is a simple fix as you probably will change springs to match your weight maybe cartridges
but you can only go so far with those forks anyway.
But yeah that discount on the Ohlin is attractive

Congrats though on getting your new bike & looking forward to your
impressions!

i will get the Ohlins unit mania but once i find some good springs or lets say a proper setup for front. Dont want to ride the bike with nice rear but a shitty front.

Also, i want to test and see the shocks first. Yes, i will lose 15 percent discount but i have 10 percent for all products of Honda thorough my Honda Bigwing membership anyway, anytime.

as you stated, suspension and tire departments are the most important ones to upgrade for me too and they give you more benefit than power mods for sure as you feel confident and can push your bike more and go faster.

I am excited and sure will post my first impressions here.

But wonder Ohlins and these r&g units are for which bike/bikes originally? as sure they can not create these for cbr650f only that short time.

Excited, hard to wait two more days!

But wonder Ohlins and these r&g units are for which bike/bikes originally? as sure they can not create these for cbr650f only that short time.

For the Ohlin it could be a direct match/fit from another Honda?

But also Ohlin at least in Thailand has recently made a big push with new models available.

Just in the last few days they have come out with new ones for Kawasaki Ninja 250/300 & Er6n

either with remote reservoir or without

The 2 way non reservoir type is priced very competitive

11,000 for 250/300 Ninja & 15,800 for 650

Edited by mania

For the Ohlin it could be a direct match/fit from another Honda?

But also Ohlin at least in Thailand has recently made a big push with new models available.

Just in the last few days they have come out with new ones for Kawasaki Ninja 250/300 & Er6n

either with remote reservoir or without

The 2 way non reservoir type is priced very competitive

11,000 for 250/300 Ninja & 15,800 for 650

yes and prices are same as YSS units.

Prefer Ohlins to YSS.

The one they offer for cbr650f is with remote reservoir and looks good quality.

I am really wondering which honda model they get the r&g tail tidy and radiator cover? not cbr500r and possibly not cbr1000rr.

Prefer Ohlins to YSS.

I am really wondering which honda model they get the r&g tail tidy and radiator cover? not cbr500r and possibly not cbr1000rr.

Yes when price gets up to the 20k range it is usually the 3 way type with reservoir shocks

Radiator cover could be a common size? But yeah tail tidy takes some research.

But then again the 650 Honda has been on its way for quite a few months now

& maybe folks like R&G sent guys to the launch & took some ideas & measurements home with them

Good they get a jump on offering accessories on what is probably going to be a popular bike.

Edited by mania

Prefer Ohlins to YSS.

Yes when price gets up to the 20k range it is usually the 3 way type with reservoir shocks

Radiator cover could be a common size? But yeah tail tidy takes some research.

But then again the 650 Honda has been on its way for quite a few months now

& maybe folks like R&G sent guys to the launch & took some ideas & measurements home with them

Good they get a jump on offering accessories on what is probably going to be a popular bike.

That is what i am thinking too. But it takes 6 months for r&g did a tail tidy for cbr500r.

Maybe some parts are coming from cbr600f.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am at bigwing bangkok for trade in procedures and bikes have arrived just now!

post-184955-13947073821955_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13947073973295_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

They are off loading the bikes now.

One of these are mine!

Fresh from the production line made on 6th of March:lol:

post-184955-13947088827565_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13947089006878_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13947089213605_thumb.jpg

I am at bigwing bangkok for trade in procedures and bikes have arrived just now!

LL may I ask what they gave for trade in of your 500?

Definitely way easier to trade at dealer & personally I would

even take less at a dealer because of that ease

LL may I ask what they gave for trade in of your 500?

Definitely way easier to trade at dealer & personally I would

even take less at a dealer because of that ease

mania, i would love to say but i promised them not to speak about it to anyone.

bigwing chief mech asked the same question and he got the same answer above.

what i can say is they give me a a good number as i am a good loyal customer and i attend their activities and we know each other for sometime with good relationship all the time.

not related with the number i got but for trade in in thailand what i know expect a loss of 30 percent for a one year old bike. so if you bought yours for 150 k thb, expect 100 k at the dealer.

i mostly trade in my bikes. no hassle no test ride paranoia no tire kickers no DLT visit and no wasted time...yes you get less but it is worth it IMO.

also reserved my tail tidy, radiator cover and tank and fuel cap carbon pads.

not decided yet on tail tidy.

r&g one is 1000 thb more but lighter and only one piece. made in uk.

active one - made in thailand - is heavier and three piece but looks more inline with the design of the bike, more space age.

also, as you said, they contacted with r&g and other part makers before and parts are made specifically for honda 650series.

and carbon parts look fantastic and super cool made. really European quality. but pricey of course for thailand but cheaper than back home.

nice for honda preparing mods for the bikes in advance, offering them with reasonable prices, make them available right away and install them while they make your bike ready!

they will kill the sales of many bike shops for sure.

well, bros, your humble brother is getting his new red bike this saturday at 13.00.

intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

Edited by ll2

and carbon parts look fantastic and super cool made. really European quality. but pricey of course for thailand but cheaper than back home.

If you mean Tyga yes they make very nice things

I like their stuff

Cool on the trade in & agree it is the easiest way.

I don't like selling used vehicles bikes or trucks etc.

Always rather trade in

Have fun with the new bike wink.png

I am a fairing bike type but of those two I still think

the CBF has it all over the CBR

Seeing them in person side by side @ BW CM I still think so

those visible headers make a difference for cb650f. looks good. also the side fairing i am sure offer wind protection

But the fairing on cbr650f is minimal and does not close the engine which i like as the design of the engine looks good. Also it is better for touring.

I also think the gold wheels look crap - more like tacky Americana than classy.

Gold wheels have always been a Euro/Japanese thing

White too

You will rarely see them in America as not really offered stock.

But Thai's love the gold too.

I have seen a couple examples of them looking good but many bad too.

Does not work on all bikes thats for sure

I think the "gold" rims looks just fine on the tri colored CB 650.

The more I look at the CB 650 the more I like it (photos that is), I am off-shore Myanmar right now.

I am waiting impatiently for a ride report here on TV (II2) and from the on-line MC magazines.

At 51 I fell I am too old for a racing bike and rather have a more upright riding position now.

My current short list for next bike:

1: Ducati Hyperstrada. Oh boy, I love that bike, I tested one from Ducati Pattaya and I was smiling 2 days later according to my wife, what a bike but 1/2 mill Thai baht.

2: Yamaha MT-09: The bike testers from different on-line bike magizines writes that the fun factor is almost unbeatable. No proper Yamaha dealer in Pattaya and 435K baht.

3: Honda CB650F: 285.000 baht!! are you kidding me, that is really really cheap compared from where I come from(Denmark) but no test report yet.

To be honest my bike will only be a toy, something to take for spin now and again and perhaps for some touring later on, but I got a kid now so not much time for that so spending below 300.000 baht sounds good to me.

Patience is the key here as the Thai big bike market is just getting better and better.

First pics of my new bike. Reveived it today and did 100 km already and break in the bike hard. Saw 200 kph easily couple of times!

Bike is great!!! Fast man!

Suspensions, handling are nice!

Not feeling heavy.

Changing the oil and oil filter now and installing Active tail tidy, R&G radiator guard and fuel cap pad now.

Photos of first steps of my bike and while installing the mods.

Full first impressions soon!

post-184955-13948806630849_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13948806794589_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13948806970136_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13948807144369_thumb.jpg

First pics of my new bike. Reveived it today and did 100 km already and break in the bike hard. Saw 200 kph easily couple of times!

Not feeling heavy.

Changing the oil and oil filter now and installing Active tail tidy, R&G radiator guard and fuel cap pad now.

...I just still can't imagine hitting 200km/h on my first day...or my first hour...on the brand new bike !!w00t.gif

...and you must have finished your 'hard brake in' within an hour than...?!!tongue.png

Not feeling heavy.

How much does it drink ?

The view at Big Wing Phuket today.

All or almost all black eh.

At II2's big wing branch in BKK they were all red.

I wonder what they are in Pattaya, tri color?tongue.png

Both places seems to have 95% CBR's or even more, not many CB's in sight.

So it looks like most wants the CBR and not the CB.

Both places seems to have 95% CBR's or even more, not many CB's in sight.

So it looks like most wants the CBR and not the CB.

Could be release dates

Usually they release one model one month & the other the next or so

Not feeling heavy.

Great looking bike LL....there's nothing quite like the feeling of waiting around while they finish prepping your new bike, just prior to your first ride on it.........