Honda cbr650 2014

bigwing claims a top speed of 220 kph for cbr650f and 210 kph for cb650f.

pretty nice but was expecting a little bit more. most probably, they focus on acceleration that high speed of course. a pipe with cat elimination an pc5 and a good air filter can make it 230 kph i am sure!

also 1st class insurance for these bikes will be around 12 k through Tokio Marine.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are these bikes being exported for the European market,if so I don't really see where it fits in,especially the naked version,which seems to have a bigger engine but lower spec than the already popular 600 hornet.

I also said this about the honda 150 & 250 and during the last 6 months in the uk didn't see any of these bikes on the road ,loads of the Yamaha 125 though that looks like the r6

Are these bikes being exported for the European market,if so I don't really see where it fits in,especially the naked version,which seems to have a bigger engine but lower spec than the already popular 600 hornet.

I also said this about the honda 150 & 250 and during the last 6 months in the uk didn't see any of these bikes on the road ,loads of the Yamaha 125 though that looks like the r6

Honda UK does not have hornet 600 anymore in their lists and they will sell cb650f for the same price of kawasaki er6n.

These bikes are offered to compete with mid size twins like er series or suzuki gladius etc.

Hornet 600 was 2000 USD more than what cb650f wil go for.

Honda haver realised that if they want to stop the customer base shrinking they needed to make bikes that appeal to more people, especially so called 'non-bikers'. So, they have started to make bikes which are easy to ride, efficient, cheap to run, cheap to manufacture and easy to maintain. Of course, some people still want a bike that they will only ever use 40% of and that's why they still make proper sport bikes, but these are a tiny minority of Honda's target sales.

The first news of the CBR 650 F came from MCM covering the Italy Milan Motor Show. It was on YouTube about a month before the Bangkok Moto Expo. These bikes will defiantly be make there way to Europe. They will probably go to America as well.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The first news of the CBR 650 F came from MCM covering the Italy Milan Motor Show. It was on YouTube about a month before the Bangkok Moto Expo. These bikes will defiantly be make there way to Europe. They will probably go to America as well.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Nope. Not going to the US, at least not in 2014.

just reading on the hornets nest <a forum dedicated to hornets in the uk> they are not to happy more weight,less power and no upside down forks...i suppose it will grow on them over time.....but i don't think i will ever sell my 98 model hornet now.....

post-105817-0-40531000-1389005975_thumb.

post-105817-0-44622400-1389006028_thumb.

post-105817-0-84894000-1389006088_thumb.

especially as you would be lucky to get 80,000 bht for it in uk........

Edited by taninthai

Honda haver realised that if they want to stop the customer base shrinking they needed to make bikes that appeal to more people, especially so called 'non-bikers'. So, they have started to make bikes which are easy to ride, efficient, cheap to run, cheap to manufacture and easy to maintain. Of course, some people still want a bike that they will only ever use 40% of and that's why they still make proper sport bikes, but these are a tiny minority of Honda's target sales.

"So, they have started to make bikes which are easy to ride, efficient, cheap to run, cheap to manufacture" Honda always have.

"So, they have started to make bikes which are easy to ride, efficient, cheap to run, cheap to manufacture" Honda always have.

True, in so much that Hondas have always had better ergonomics than most other manufacturers, but now they are pushing it to newer levels (the 700/750 bikes are perfect examples of this).

Iam thinking about traiding in my cbr500 later. I love touring the north and 500 is a pain in the ass to be on the mountains and shitty roads. My back and neck are knackered after 3 hour drive. Rented Versys for a day and after 7h drive feel like i just started.

Love the way 500r looks but thats about it for me now

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Iam thinking about traiding in my cbr500 later. I love touring the north and 500 is a pain in the ass to be on the mountains and shitty roads. My back and neck are knackered after 3 hour drive. Rented Versys for a day and after 7h drive feel like i just started.Love the way 500r looks but thats about it for me nowSent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe try a cb650 or the CB500X. I think the CBR 650 will have a similar riding position as the CBR 500. With the CBs you can at least change the handle bars to give you a more comfortable riding position and it won't look too weird. Or just buy a Verseys.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

BlackPanda,

I'am quite interested in CB650 thought its not really an adventure type. WIll defo not go with 500x, essentially same bike with a different form. I feel 500 to be a bit under powered after about 7000 rpm power gain is barely noticeable. I dont want a rocket by no means, but often I go to Phayao or Lampang and getting over pickups that do 130 is not as easy as it is in the city and if you add a bag at the back thats even worse breaks aerodynamics of the bike.

I wonder when new Versys is out.

P.S as a kid I loved Sport Bikes, I had posters all over thats why I bought CBR500 but it certainly looks great, however I expected a bit more from brakes and engine. I know I wont be professional racer on a track, over the last year and a half I discovered that I love touring and adventure with guys here up north. However CBR500 is painful to ride of mountain roads with bad surface. Almost broke my front fork few months ago at Mae Salong.

BlackPanda,

I'am quite interested in CB650 thought its not really an adventure type. WIll defo not go with 500x, essentially same bike with a different form. I feel 500 to be a bit under powered after about 7000 rpm power gain is barely noticeable. I dont want a rocket by no means, but often I go to Phayao or Lampang and getting over pickups that do 130 is not as easy as it is in the city and if you add a bag at the back thats even worse breaks aerodynamics of the bike.

P.S as a kid I loved Sport Bikes, I had posters all over thats why I bought CBR500 but it certainly looks great, however I expected a bit more from brakes and engine. I know I wont be professional racer on a track, over the last year and a half I discovered that I love touring and adventure with guys here up north. However CBR500 is painful to ride of mountain roads with bad surface. Almost broke my front fork few months ago at Mae Salong.

interesting.

i toured with my cbr500r on bad roads and it was super comfy to the level of stealing my concentration sometime!

and i can pass anything on teh road easily especially speeds aboe 130 kph and especially after 7000 rpm.

anyway superior, hope you will like your next bike more but i feel like you have a lot to discover about riding and cbr50r is great for that and a lot of time to fully exploit a cbr500r.

Drop by to cr if you have a chance i will give you my bike for a spin. Sidebags i want as well without making bike look but which it does look bad on a sport bike Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

versys fits you well then.

BlackPanda,

interesting.

i toured with my cbr500r on bad roads and it was super comfy to the level of stealing my concentration sometime!

and i can pass anything on teh road easily especially speeds aboe 130 kph and especially after 7000 rpm.

anyway superior, hope you will like your next bike more but i feel like you have a lot to discover about riding and cbr50r is great for that and a lot of time to fully exploit a cbr500r.

7000RPM is hardly anything for a motorcycle engine. I would say just drop a gear and and get your pass. 6th gear is the worst gear to try and make power at. If you are having difficulty passing another vehicle on the road at those speeds then maybe you souldn't pass them and just let them go.

Edited by blackpanda

• 3 weeks later...

yesterday i was at honda bigwing bkk for the warranty fork change due to a fork leak started at bigwing track day at bonanza circuit.

asked the dates of delivery for cbr650f again and bad news!

they said production is delayed and now first delivery date is latest March, 28 - 29.

i am in the first lot of delivery and again the said, i ll be one of the first 12 cbr650f owners around the globe like cbr500r that i own first red one on earth! - or the one of the first 12 guinea pigsbiggrin.png
sat down on cbr650f again and again while waiting for the repair finish and bike grew on me more and more! still design of cbr500 is much more better, hard to digest that fat rear section. a fender eliminator is a must and they have r&g one available for 3000 thb something which will be available with the release of the bike, will get that.

also noticed, clip ons are lower than the ones on cbr500r so more leaning forward which feels sportier but might be a little bit taxing for hard bkk commutes. ground clearance of the rearset are the same as cbr500r which is not good but an aftermarket rearset can fix it easily.

seat has lots of place though and very comfy. ergonomics of the bike overall is good.

besides asked the chief mechanic his impressions about the 650 series as he test rode one. he said it looks big but nearly the same agility as cbr500r and in terms of weight, bc of low center of gravity, cbr500 and 650 feels the same he said. low speed ride is also perfect he added.

i hope!

moreover, i inquired about a possible trade in with my cbr500r and yes, they will start to offer trade in for cbr650f beginning of march. good to have this option as i might sell my cbr500r soon and if i cannot, i ll just trade in with them.

for 650 series, 1st class insurance is 10.000 thb tokio marine %70 coverage and 5000 thb deductible. they have another insurance for 12.000 thb i think viraya something %80 coverage but with ridiculous 10.000 thb deductible.

registration is free for bigwing members but 1000 thb something for others.

hard to wait for two more months! c'mon honda!

Edited by ll2

• 3 weeks later...

Comparing a supersport to these bikes is stupid.

Some in the industry are calling the CBR650F a supersport.

"Impressions were high, but based on other European-only model releases, it was highly unlikely that Honda would bring the supersport stateside. To the surprise of many, though, this changed this week when Honda reported that the CBR650F will now be offered stateside."

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014-honda-cbr650f-preview-versatile-sport-arrives-usa/

"Impressions were high, but based on other European-only model releases, it was highly unlikely that Honda would bring the supersport stateside. To the surprise of many, though, this changed this week when Honda reported that the CBR650F will now be offered stateside."

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014-honda-cbr650f-preview-versatile-sport-arrives-usa/

That shows just how much the writer of that "review" knows about motorbikes.

Compared to American bikes, it may we ll be a supersport, but the reality is somewhat different.

If the CBR 650 weighed in 30 KGs less and have over 100 BHP, then I would consider it a SuperSport. IMO it's just a BIgBike.

Supersport...Big bike...personally I dont care what it is classified as. I have a cbr500 here in Thailand and it is a blast to rip around in. I plan on trading it in for a CB650F when they are available. I really like the look of the naked model and think it is more practical here. I want the extra power of the 650, but around here I dont think I really NEED it....Cant recall ever been out accelerated here yet.

Compared to American bikes, it may we ll be a supersport, but the reality is somewhat different.

Not even close to American supersport bike rating...185 bhp, 102 ft-lb, 190kg (without fuel). But yeah, keep on demonising Americans for having one of the world's best selling motorcycle that is so iconic it is recognised the world over...

Outside3-4.jpg

Not even close to American supersport bike rating...185 bhp, 102 ft-lb, 190kg (without fuel). But yeah, keep on demonising Americans for having one of the world's best selling motorcycle that is so iconic it is recognised the world over...

Outside3-4.jpg

should that read is or was recognised?

not that bad. not a supersport but a real sport bike for sure. 0 - 100 kph times might be as good as a cbr600rr due to low down torque and better value than anything legal in the market here.

one more month and i am getting my cbr650f red. hard to wait man!

Outside3-4.jpg

The bike you chose to display is so iconic and recognizable that I had to look it up on google to tell what it was. If you asked 10 random Americans to name an American supersport bike 9 out of 10 probably counldnt name one. I am an American and ride motorcycles and I couldnt name one. But however I could probably rattle off a dozen from elsewhere around the globe.

The bike you chose to display is so iconic and recognizable that I had to look it up on google to tell what it was. If you asked 10 random Americans to name an American supersport bike 9 out of 10 probably counldnt name one. I am an American and ride motorcycles and I couldnt name one. But however I could probably rattle off a dozen from elsewhere around the globe.

I keep forgetting that there are people who are unable to parse information and have basic reading comprehension especially since the website was linked to in my post. Lack of knowledge due to whatever reason does not invalidate facts.

There is an American superbike; the EBR 1190RX (and the essentially race only RS).

The person I was replying to was trying to state that compared to "The American Motorcycle" (Harley Davidson) the 650F is a supersport. I was just pointing out the ignorance and generally accepted slagging of Americans....not that there's much if any separation between the two as superiority complex is neatly tied into the level that people assume they are more intelligent than evidenced by fact.

Buell/EBR, Zero Motorcycles, Fischer Motorcycles, Motoczysz and Motus (will be manufacturing their MST direct injection V4 this year) are manufacturers of American bikes that break from the Confederate/Boss Hoss/Harley/Victory/Indian mold.

not that bad. not a supersport but a real sport bike for sure. 0 - 100 kph times might be as good as a cbr600rr due to low down torque and better value than anything legal in the market here.

one more month and i am getting my cbr650f red. hard to wait man!

the old hornet was about .4 to .6 seconds slower than cbrr i think new 650f will be about the same can't really see it being quicker than the old 600f,as you know it all depends on rider though i left many cbr600rr behind on my 600 hornet they were obviously new riders off the sort all the gear no idea.equal skilled riders 600rr win every time but not a lot in it.

P.S. dave boo i have never heard of or seen that bike in my entire life ........

Edited by taninthai