Why is it so hard to find a good man in Bangkok as a female farang?

webfact

The hours you spent on here could have been better spent meeting girls and learning about them directly. You will never learn to swim until you at the very least get into the pool. Get on Skype and engage in some mutual masturbation. If they do it enjoy the moment and move on, if they refuse well she's a keeper,

I have never said I come here for a romantic or sexual relationship . I made my topic because I wanted to exchange opinion and suggestions, but it seems that people like you tend evaluate myself without talking first.

No, you posted on how to meet western women, that is against the rules, the same rules you agreed to when you signed up

I'm a bit confused. This thread is about how to meet Western men, why is this thread not against the rules ? or am I missing something

• Like 1

This thread is NOT about where to meet western men. It is about a news article where the writer was lamenting meeting good men in Bangkok, no one has asked anyone where to meet them. I don't recall the article talking specifically about western men either?

But regardless, the op was a new link.

And of course men like you come to thailand to get away from women like me, you couldn't cope, much better you go for someone less challenging wink.png

I think this is the heart of the problem, confusing challenging with worthwhile. There is nothing unchallenging anywhere about finding and keeping a worthwhile partner, but is the challenge the object of that undertaking? Nuuuuuuu

Edited by metaben

There are far more Thai ladies in Thailand than there are farang ladies, so it's no surprise that most farang guys here for any length of time will end up with a Thai partner rather than a farang partner. Sure there are personal preferences and all the other things, but simple numbers means a farang guy who stays here will more than likely end up with a Thai lady.

I didn't set out to choose a Thai wife: simply that for every nice farang lady, there's a thousand nice Thai ladies - farang ladies need to appreciate this.

What the author and many other farang ladies should realise is that for every farang guy there are also a thousand Thai guys. When they complain that they can't find a "good man" - the real question is therefore nothing to do with farang men at all. It's why they can't find a decent Thai guy as 99.9% of guys here are Thai?

Some women do find a Thai guy and live happily ever after. As the author and many other farang women lament though, a great many don't.

Unfortunately though, instead of looking at the dynamics between themselves and Thai guys, many farang ladies start having a go at farang guys and their relationships with Thai women and the fact that many farang men are "more interested" in Thai women (which they overlook again the simple numbers), or pointing out flaws in other people's relationships. Why have a go at farang guys in Thailand for being happy, finding a partner and getting on with their own lives?

If you're unhappy with your relationship situation the best person to change it is yourself.

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

While I can agree with the overall sentiment of your comment, the fact is that Thailand has more women than men in the 25 - 54 age group. (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2018.html). Compare that to the US which has a 1:1 ratio or the UK which has 1.03 men for every woman.

Now factor in the seemingly large transgender and gay population of males and it whittles down the chances of a Thai woman meeting a Thai guy down even further.

When you factor in things like job prospects, high mortality rate due to dangerous jobs, as well as alcoholism, and other negative factors the number of eligible men available for each Thai woman runs even lower.

This is one of (though certainly not the only) reasons why Thai women take a more aggressive attitude towards finding a man. They can't just sit back and wait for a guy to come find them. The numbers aren't in their favor.

But if you come from a western upbringing which has the numbers working in her favor that is going to put the western woman at a clear disadvantage when placed in an environment where the same dating/courting strategies don't work.

But like you said at the end:

If you're unhappy with your relationship situation the best person to change it is yourself.

Being something of a statistics man myself I hear your points, and they may have a minor influence, but I think the actual impact of such factors is small. Also bear in mind that there are factors which swing it the other way, eg guys who have several "mia"s so even the stats can move a bit the other way. Mia nois can often remain remarkably faithful to a guy how already has a major wife - not to say some don't have another guy too, but many don't and the "husband" would often kick them into touch if they were found out.

In addition to stats, I'm also somewhat of a visual character too. So when I saw the picture associated with the article, there was also a fair bit to read into that. Miserable western woman with a slob of a western guy in his underwear and socks. A pretty common stereotype from western women (obviously not all) of western men in Thailand if you ask me.

Given there are a thousand Thai guys for every western guy, one has to wonder why the picture picks a stereotype minority to highlight the author's inability to find a good man. Shouldn't that really have been you're average Thai guy on the bottom bunk instead. laugh.png

Thanks Fletch, it is exactly what I am thinking everytime this discussion comes up. It is so logical, that you will have a hard time finding a non-asian guy in an asian country (Duh!).

Btw, the statistics male/female ration seems pretty balanced and not as far off as one might expect. For every gay guy/ladyboy there is also a tomboy/tom dee girl.

• Like 2

I would say that the biggest reason why it is difficult for foreign ladies to meet men in Thailand ( foreign man for sure) is because of so many young Thai ladies who are willing to date men much older than them. Also, many of these Thai ladies are educated ( not talking about the bar girls) and have full time jobs. They may not be able to communicate at the same level as a foreign lady but when they do, in general, they are sweet and speak softly. As we western men have had our fill of the loud, know it all western ladies (not all) we find this very attractive. We are willing to forgo the intellectual stimulation for the young sweet loving attention that is given by Thai ladies.

If however you are a foreign lady who is in the top 10 percent in the looks department you will be able to find men here in Thailand same as any place in the world. For the other 90% I would suggest being yourself but perhaps lowing your voice and being a little more sweet. Also, give that older guy a chance... he may be much better than you think.

Sorry if I crossed the line any where but I am telling you like it really is, maybe not for all men but for most I promise you.....good luck ladies, I hope you find that special guy smile.png))

One more thing..... don't sleep around... no guy wants an easy girl...word gets out quickly and its a small world..... a good guy will not want you no matter how lovely you are.

Why can't men treat women as equals.Why should women have to change to suit what we want.Personally i dont care how loud anybody speaks,as long as it's not BS.As to "sleeping around" that is none of your business,consensual sex is not a crime and should be enjoyed.A lot of men like to control women and you seem to be one of them.

• Like 2

I would say that the biggest reason why it is difficult for foreign ladies to meet men in Thailand ( foreign man for sure) is because of so many young Thai ladies who are willing to date men much older than them. Also, many of these Thai ladies are educated ( not talking about the bar girls) and have full time jobs. They may not be able to communicate at the same level as a foreign lady but when they do, in general, they are sweet and speak softly. As we western men have had our fill of the loud, know it all western ladies (not all) we find this very attractive. We are willing to forgo the intellectual stimulation for the young sweet loving attention that is given by Thai ladies.

If however you are a foreign lady who is in the top 10 percent in the looks department you will be able to find men here in Thailand same as any place in the world. For the other 90% I would suggest being yourself but perhaps lowing your voice and being a little more sweet. Also, give that older guy a chance... he may be much better than you think.

Sorry if I crossed the line any where but I am telling you like it really is, maybe not for all men but for most I promise you.....good luck ladies, I hope you find that special guy Posted Image))

One more thing..... don't sleep around... no guy wants an easy girl...word gets out quickly and its a small world..... a good guy will not want you no matter how lovely you are.

Why can't men treat women as equals.Why should women have to change to suit what we want.Personally i dont care how loud anybody speaks,as long as it's not BS.As to "sleeping around" that is none of your business,consensual sex is not a crime and should be enjoyed.A lot of men like to control women and you seem to be one of them.
You don't have to like what I say I just tell it like it is. I would bet you are one of those single girls looking for a good man .... Hahaha ;)

Sorry if I crossed the line any where but I am telling you like it really is, maybe not for all men but for most I promise you.....good luck ladies, I hope you find that special guy smile.png))

You don't have to like what I say I just tell it like it is. I would bet you are one of those single girls looking for a good man .... Hahaha wink.png

And in addition.... I said " For the other 90% I would suggest being yourself but ". People should always be true to themselves. If however you are finding it difficult to find and hold onto a good relationship perhaps you need to take a good look into the mirror and see what others are seeing.... No one is perfect....we can all make improvements. I think most people enjoy the company of people who speak soft and nice and have a sweet personality. I think few people like the pushy, know it all, loud guy or lady.

As for the sex comment... few if any men want a lady for a wife who has been around the block with too many men. Number one comment made by ladies in Thailand regarding a relationship is that they don't want butterfly man .... this applies to ladies also. Just saying......

Control ??? who said anything about control ? I just said what I believe most men like...and if you want to attract those men, adapt !

I've been here over a decade, and with the exception of one Japanese girl - I have only dated Western chicks.

It's not that I would NEVER date a Thai girl - only that I would never date somebody who grew up being spoon fed the infantile television and media they are subjected to here, or somebody who had never traveled on a budget or who was not heavily conditioned by their society, consciously or not.

Although it isn't easy (it's a challenge and challenges only better oneself) it's much easier to find an attractive white girl who is intelligent and good in bed and who you can laugh with all night and exchange great banter with than it is to find a Thai who is exempt from the above maladies.

I like Thai people generally, I just have very little in common with them and for me attraction is as much, if not slightly more, about wit and brains as it is looks and figure. I keep myself as fit as I can unlike many men here who simply let themselves go because they have few standards and can pick up a local woman anywhere, and until I get to an age close to the guy in my profile pic, I will continue to enjoy western women as friends, lovers, and where possible - long term partners.

Relative to Thai women. you have nothing to offer.

Why are the wisest answers always the shortest ones? thumbsup.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19> Well done, Markaew, well done!!!!

Racist and sexist at the same time.

That's almost impressive.

And there are more than one of you!

Congratulations, fellas. I'm actually happy you two found each other.

Maybe you guys can meet up for deep philosophical discussions on the evils of women's suffrage, the nature of the White man's superiority in the world and, like, ya know, how women are icky.

Just keep it to yourselves. You're embarrassing the rest of us.

I'm 52 but when I was 25 in the USA I met the wrong one. She was a high school GED with a job at a jewelry store. She was from a western state and she was dumb. We had a kid and tried to have another 2 which were miscarried. She had been a whackjob from a previous marriage/divorce where she was deemed an unfit mother. So she really went Whacko after these miscarries and demanded a divorce. I was willing to try and make it work but she'd have no part of it. divorced 6 months later and she gave me custody. My kid had to go 2000 miles to be with my mother so I could work (I was 32). I was actively seeking a GF/Wife. I found a 40 y/o who was smart and attractive (turns out she was 42 so a little white lie, I didn't really care). I dated her and gave her a go. married a year later and my kid came back and things were great. Then she turned Whackjob from menopause. I called her the SS Meno. I could take no more after 2 years and divorced her. She stalked me the 3 years after the divorce that I lived in that town

Fast forward I retired at 40 and moved to BKK. Found an uneducated Issan 18 y/o and had her live with me for 5 years. She picked up my English really well and spoke like an American. I knew there was no future with her though. finally she walked out and after 7 years in BKK I found Miss tight, a 25 year old working University Grad (not from Issan if that matters). She had so much common interest with me that it was incredible. I was 49 at that point (its 4 years later now). So it was an unexpected dream come true. She could easily be a finalist for the swimsuit Sports Illustrated edition. Face is perfect. Mind is super intelligent. Obviously she's Thai but I would have taken her whatever she was. I never met anyone like that,only dreamed about it. If I had when I was 25 I'd be married still. So to OP, go to where you have more supply. I think the vast majority of farangs in Thailand are looking for Miss Perfect. If you're her then this is the place. otherwise I think other countries would be better suited

• Like 1

I'm 52 but when I was 25 in the USA I met the wrong one. She was a high school GED with a job at a jewelry store. She was from a western state and she was dumb. We had a kid and tried to have another 2 which were miscarried. She had been a whackjob from a previous marriage/divorce where she was deemed an unfit mother. So she really went Whacko after these miscarries and demanded a divorce. I was willing to try and make it work but she'd have no part of it. divorced 6 months later and she gave me custody. My kid had to go 2000 miles to be with my mother so I could work (I was 32). I was actively seeking a GF/Wife. I found a 40 y/o who was smart and attractive (turns out she was 42 so a little white lie, I didn't really care). I dated her and gave her a go. married a year later and my kid came back and things were great. Then she turned Whackjob from menopause. I called her the SS Meno. I could take no more after 2 years and divorced her. She stalked me the 3 years after the divorce that I lived in that town

Fast forward I retired at 40 and moved to BKK. Found an uneducated Issan 18 y/o and had her live with me for 5 years. She picked up my English really well and spoke like an American. I knew there was no future with her though. finally she walked out and after 7 years in BKK I found Miss tight, a 25 year old working University Grad (not from Issan if that matters). She had so much common interest with me that it was incredible. I was 49 at that point (its 4 years later now). So it was an unexpected dream come true. She could easily be a finalist for the swimsuit Sports Illustrated edition. Face is perfect. Mind is super intelligent. Obviously she's Thai but I would have taken her whatever she was. I never met anyone like that,only dreamed about it. If I had when I was 25 I'd be married still. So to OP, go to where you have more supply. I think the vast majority of farangs in Thailand are looking for Miss Perfect. If you're her then this is the place. otherwise I think other countries would be better suited

found Miss tight??? I can see the attraction there biggrin.png

First sleeping around IS the concern of whomever is going to date you which is what he was talking about (especially if it results in STDs). Second, A LOT of consensual sex is illegal, it often depends on how old the people are, and the orientation (homosexuality was and is illegal in many countries). And often the type of sex you engage in can be a crime (BDSM is illegal in much of the West for example). Not to mention it doesn't matter if you could scientifically prove an animal consents, Beastiality is illegal. Perhaps you meant to say consensual sex is not immoral, but that is up to each individual and many people think monogamy is preferable to chaotic lovemaking which often spreads diseases and unplanned pregnancy.

Third, nobody is able to treat everyone equally. Equality is a made up value to describe how envious people want the world to be (their ideal).

Why the reverse, that men have to change to suit what women want? Men often have to change their appearances, stay in shape, and not just talk about beer, sports, and cars in front of women (or in the case of geeky guys not discuss their hobbies that put off most women).

In the West, even in the South where in almost all the relationships I witnessed the females had the upper hand in most relationships and then the women become unhappy with the relationships precisely because the guy they are with is not confident and often times women want what they can't have and so a guy who gives in to everything just gets walked over. Women are becoming more and more unhappy in the West and love to blame it on the men instead of themselves.

The men appear to be doing this precisely out of desperation to have a relationship, or out of a gender role of "macho man", where they feel they have to sacrifice all their values to "get some", even if they don't actually enjoy the sex all that much, it's more for bragging rights or what not. Rather a hollow existence.

And the problem of this thread is easy to explain: supply and demand. Foreign men in Thailand are open to the 30 million Thai women and million foreign girls, while the foreign women tend to only be open to foreign guys because of their own inability to treat SHORTER, darker skinned, Thai men as "equals". Much in the same way the taller and larger half of black women have a hard time because their own black males run off with other races and the other races of men tend not to want to date a female who is taller and more muscular than they are.

And women (especially white women) often are such hypocrites on race. In my own family, when I first started dating asians as a teen (never been with a white girl), the guys reacted with ching chong jokes, and karate moves at first, had a bunch of laughs, but got over it within a few months. Guys are just more honest up front.

Whereas the females bottle it up. At first they were extremely supportive and polite, but decades later the females in my family bursted in explosions of racist anger, my sister exploded and stabbed a knife on the table in front of me, I swear it came out of nowhere and shocked me. I guess white women feel very insecure about the shorter, more feminine girls of the East taking away their men, so they like to justify it in their minds as being only the "losers who like submissive women" that date Asians. That wasn't possible for me sister to do in my case since I'm handsome, intelligent, and my first few asian girlfriends were extremely high-maintenance and demanding, so there was no way for her to write off the relationship the way most white women do of white male/asian female relationships.

Heck, my own best friend's white girlfriend constantly pressured my best friend to try to trick me into dating white girls. No joke. They'd try to set me up on dates and tell me it was with some asian girl, only for a white girl who apparently had a crush on me for a while, to sit down. Apparently my friend's gf refused to believe a different race could be more desirable to men (or perhaps felt insecure).

I think the women you know are quite unusual in their biases....or perhaps it reflect the region you come from.

Certainly it is not the case that farang women who choose to live in Thailand have any issue with/prejudice about dating Asian men. I don't know a single farang woman here with such attitudes and it would be hard to imagine why someone with such a bias would choose to live here.

I also can't relate to the statement about men putting in effort to change their appearance to suit women, both from where I come from and from what I see among farang men here the tendency is quite the opposite i..e. men are much more likely than women to let themselves go.

Sheryl, you got that right. I am from West Los Angeles where EVERYBODY is in great shape. Men in their 60's totally buff with flat stomachs. Sort of superficial, I know, but that is the culture in LA.

I was really shocked at the condition of the older farang men I see walking around Thailand. Over weight, giant guts and dressed like slobs. I know its hot, but old baggy worn out tacky tee shirts and shorts that don't match with flip flops. Everywhere you go? Out to dinner? Really? And can you please work on your tan? These men would be arrested in Los Angeles by the fashion police. :) Most of these men are retired. You can't work one hour of exercise into your day and change your diet? Drop 30 pounds and raise your energy level?

I think some older men in Thailand have a death wish. I can only think that because of the health issues of being over 50 years old and being 20- 50 pounds over weight. Especially in the tropics.

It reminds me of line from the original Planet of the Apes. Charlton Heston says, "Look on the bright side, if this is the best they got, in six months we will be running this place."

• Like 2

found Miss tight??? I can see the attraction there biggrin.png

probably a freudian typo biggrin.png

I've been here over a decade, and with the exception of one Japanese girl - I have only dated Western chicks.

It's not that I would NEVER date a Thai girl - only that I would never date somebody who grew up being spoon fed the infantile television and media they are subjected to here, or somebody who had never traveled on a budget or who was not heavily conditioned by their society, consciously or not.

Although it isn't easy (it's a challenge and challenges only better oneself) it's much easier to find an attractive white girl who is intelligent and good in bed and who you can laugh with all night and exchange great banter with than it is to find a Thai who is exempt from the above maladies.

I like Thai people generally, I just have very little in common with them and for me attraction is as much, if not slightly more, about wit and brains as it is looks and figure. I keep myself as fit as I can unlike many men here who simply let themselves go because they have few standards and can pick up a local woman anywhere, and until I get to an age close to the guy in my profile pic, I will continue to enjoy western women as friends, lovers, and where possible - long term partners.

CHICKS

Calling a lady a chick is not good

Maybe there just aren't any?I mean really the average sexpat comes here to procure Thai women and his reasons really aren't too honorable, he either wants to pay prostitutes or for a wife wants a servant, essentially- who'll act as personal sex provider and his priority is youth.

I often thought the western men in Thailand are about as sexist as it gets- god knows this forum is full of them, feminist issues cannot even be broached on the main forum, best to just go about your life. If having a mate is that important, perhaps best to move back to the west. Men- O- pause has its uses !!

A bit OT but I've always found the term lady is all about sexist behavior expectations for women that men are not subject to. Like enjoying a good forum argument- OK for the guys... Lady, Chick girl, broad, etc all the same- diminish and marginalize.

Some people act almost as if woman is a dirty word.

CHICKS

Calling a lady a chick is not good

Maybe there just aren't any?I mean really the average sexpat comes here to procure Thai women and his reasons really aren't too honorable, he either wants to pay prostitutes or for a wife wants a servant, essentially- who'll act as personal sex provider and his priority is youth.

I often thought the western men in Thailand are about as sexist as it gets- god knows this forum is full of them, feminist issues cannot even be broached on the main forum, best to just go about your life. If having a mate is that important, perhaps best to move back to the west. Men- O- pause has its uses !!

Great flame. Well done. You must be proud.

Indirectly you've also hit upon another reason - attitude. laugh.png With 999 nice Thai women for every nice farang woman (simple numbers), the chances of meeting a good man for a farang woman with a confrontational/flaming attitude are even fewer than for a good farang woman. With a reasonable number of nice farang women, and a thousand times more nice Thai women, it's very easy for good men to proactively avoid farang women with poor attitudes, and from there I guess it just spirals for such farang women.

I'm sort of curious though: for someone who "thinks western men in Thailand are about as sexist as it gets" which is narrower, your experience of Thailand or your experience of places like the Middle East? smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

Using double sexual standards is classic sexism. It really is akin to lopping off a child's clitoris, a less extreme manner of misogyny.

Why are we going backwards ? Too busy cleaning house ?

So, you all got burned by your western wife? Bla bla bla. Got divorced in the West, went out to a singles bar and the ladies were bored by your story? Wonder why?

Big idea!! I'll fly over to that there country called Thailand and get me a purty one. That i can't talk to. But shure as hell i am the bees knees. With my fat gut and sandals with socks. I'm in heaven... We get married cos we are so lurved up and i spend all my money on her...

Then shit hits the fan. I no luv you. You are out on the street.

Western women do not do that. If you are so negative about western women - Hey, divorce takes two people and i would guess that the men involved were not exactly squeeky clean either.

Sorry, my feminazi side came out if its hibernation.

utter disgusting post about thai women

Edited by sbk
fonts