Biking Photos, News, Rumors

mania

I often see a lot of cool pics or little news blurb, rumors etc.

But don't want to start a new thread for each.

Maybe if nobody minds we can post them here?

Anyway....

Check this out.....although not new I just saw it today...

This man Guy Coulon is the Chief of Tech3 MotoGP team

He also is an insane genius of sorts.

Check out this 6 cylinder 300cc bike that makes 60hp @ 20,000 rpm

The article said he made it out of two CBR250 engines

Article & video here...

http://supacustom.com/guy-coulon-motorcycle-genius/

guy-coulon-300cc-6-cylinder-prototype-1-

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this inverted engine bike?

Pretty odd eh?

I have never heard of it till I saw this pic then googled it..

http://silodrome.com/nembo-motorcycle/

In the initial press release three projected displacements were announced. All three would share the same 77mm stroke, with different bores. The smallest would be 1814cc via a 100mm bore and would knock out 160hp, the next would be 1925cc via 103mm and would make 200hp, and the big boy of the range would displace 2097cc with a 107.5mm bore and make a stout 250hp. Impressive stuff, especially considering they claim the engine will be Euro 3 emissions compliant and the complete bike weighs 350lbs dry. Even the “small” 1800 version would have a near 1:1 horsepower : kilogram power-to-weight ratio. The low weight was due to a relatively light engine (190 odd pounds on its own – featherweight for something displacing 1800 plus ccs) bolted into a light chassis with simple bodywork and a slathering of high tech materials to keep the poundage to a minimum.

1150392_374667289302497_1029095524_n.jpg

Edited by mania

Normally Duke 200 is 1,32 lakh means 70,000 thb!!! in India so greedy dealer just put 300 percent raise on it normally he has to get a profit even if it 100 percent more.

And duke 390 is around 2 lakh means around 100,000 thb in India so assume to get it here for 300 k thb as the dealer is sure greedy like hell!

• Like 1

How about this inverted engine bike?

Pretty odd eh?

I have never heard of it till I saw this pic then googled it..

http://silodrome.com/nembo-motorcycle/

In the initial press release three projected displacements were announced. All three would share the same 77mm stroke, with different bores. The smallest would be 1814cc via a 100mm bore and would knock out 160hp, the next would be 1925cc via 103mm and would make 200hp, and the big boy of the range would displace 2097cc with a 107.5mm bore and make a stout 250hp. Impressive stuff, especially considering they claim the engine will be Euro 3 emissions compliant and the complete bike weighs 350lbs dry. Even the “small” 1800 version would have a near 1:1 horsepower : kilogram power-to-weight ratio. The low weight was due to a relatively light engine (190 odd pounds on its own – featherweight for something displacing 1800 plus ccs) bolted into a light chassis with simple bodywork and a slathering of high tech materials to keep the poundage to a minimum.

1150392_374667289302497_1029095524_n.jpg

It certainly has novelty value. But whats the sense in putting all the heavy components up high? There's a lot of empty space in the head, ports and cylinder. Plus there's the more complex oiling system needed. Would make more sense if it was a 2 stroke.

Normally Duke 200 is 1,32 lakh means 70,000 thb!!! in India so greedy dealer just put 300 percent raise on it normally he has to get a profit even if it 100 percent more.

And duke 390 is around 2 lakh means around 100,000 thb in India so assume to get it here for 300 k thb as the dealer is sure greedy like hell!

Damn those greedy dealers imposing import taxes.

• Like 1

dam_n those greedy dealers imposing import taxes.

I think in the KTM's case the dealer here is also padding a very large profit on them even above taxation

For instance they started at 249k I believe then later dropped to 199k

then one dealer went on sale another 22k below that.

That tells me they had a ton of room from the beginning on their profit margins.

I think they were silly because if they had started at 187k originally folks may have bitten harder due to the better components than most

bikes that size. They would have built a bigger following quicker.

Edited by mania

Motoped / Motorised Downhill Mountain Bike

motoped-the-motorized-mountain-bike-phot

The frame is custom built and all you need to do is to insert an engine of your choice ranging from 50cc to 150cc. Swing arm is beefed up while to handle the load while the front forks are typical bicycle downhill units. Pedals are still there, so no problem with low-fuel situations.

What is a Motoped?

The Motoped is a motorised bicycle. It uses a Honda xr50 or chinese clone engine and downhill mountain bike parts mounted to a custom frame and swing arm. It is quick, light and super cool. Hell, it’s insanely economical pushing 100mpg. Is this the future of two wheel transportation?

Why a Honda 4-stroke?

The Honda 4-stroke horizontal OHV motor is the most popular and most copied engine in the world. It was first introduced in the Honda mini-trail 50 in 1969 and is still being used today almost unchanged in the crf50. The Chinese have been making copies of the Honda for years now, with all kinds of variations in design and displacement, but all having the same motor mounts as the Honda. The Chinese copies of the Honda xr50 has spawned a whole group of minibikes called “pitbikes”. The amount of aftermarket performance parts for the Honda xr50 and it’s pitbike clones is endless

Yes, you could make a lighter and faster downhill motorised bicycle with a two-stroke engine, but 2-strokes are polluting and noisy, that’s why they’ve been almost completely outlawed. The goal was to make a good reliable motorised mountain bike that uses a 4-stroke engine and the most readily available components from the motorcycle and mountain bike industries, with performance being the second goal.

• Like 1