Retirement extension today - getting faster?

My retirement extension (800k basis) plus re-entry permit processing at Chaengwattana took just under one hour this morning, including a lengthy trip to the shop to get a copy of the just-received permission-to-stay stamp. Doors opened at 8:15. I got queue number 4 and was called at 8:20(!). After getting in the queue for the re-entry permit the number was immediately called. For the record, the extension required exactly the papers/copies as stated in Royal Thai Police Order No. 606/2549. It did seem to be less busy than last year, so I was probably just lucky.

I also went to get my 1 year retirement visa extension today (Chiang Mai) but I used an agent. Not sure if I'm allowed to name the Company so will just say their offices are in Chiang Mai Land Rd. First I drove to the Agents office waited about 10 mins and was then told they are now ready for you at Immigration. One of the staff drove me down to the Immigration offices and told me that another of the staff was waiting for me in the coffee shop. Went into the coffe shop saw the girl waiting and sat down at her table. She spoke to me but didn't hear what she said. Asked her to repeat, this was what she said. "They have just called your name, please go to the middle counters" As I walked in I could see a lady officer holding up my passport she then proceeded to show me the visa page and said "Your visa is extended until 19th Aug 2014" and gave me the passport. That was it done. Worried now that I will wake up and find out its a dream?

Just did my annual retirement extension at Rayong-Map Ta Phut on Friday morning. Came in with the usual paperwork pre-filled in and all signed. In and out in less than 20 minutes. extension based on retirement using the income pension letter. no discussion or questions by officers or myself. this time also included the 90 day address report thats falls in the same time period . Other than 4 people in front of me this was as painless as it gets

I also went to get my 1 year retirement visa extension today (Chiang Mai) but I used an agent. Not sure if I'm allowed to name the Company so will just say their offices are in Chiang Mai Land Rd. First I drove to the Agents office waited about 10 mins and was then told they are now ready for you at Immigration. One of the staff drove me down to the Immigration offices and told me that another of the staff was waiting for me in the coffee shop. Went into the coffe shop saw the girl waiting and sat down at her table. She spoke to me but didn't hear what she said. Asked her to repeat, this was what she said. "They have just called your name, please go to the middle counters" As I walked in I could see a lady officer holding up my passport she then proceeded to show me the visa page and said "Your visa is extended until 19th Aug 2014" and gave me the passport. That was it done. Worried now that I will wake up and find out its a dream?

You could have done all this yourself and saved the fee you paid but you would have waited at the immigration office instead of the agents office.