Body of executed pregnant woman found in Khao Sok National Park, north of Phuket

webfact

Body of executed pregnant woman found in Khao Sok National Park, north of Phuket
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- An unidentified pregnant woman was executed by gun and her body left in Khao Sok National Park, Phang Nga police said today.

The body of the woman, believed to have been in her late 20s, was found by villagers in Phang Nga’s Kapong District yesterday.

“She was wearing an orange-red maternity dress, and appeared to be pregnant,” Prajak Rodkantuk of the Kapong Police Station said.

“She had been shot in the head and the left shoulder, and also had a wound on her right leg,” said Lt Col Prajak. “I believe that she had died more than 12 hours before we found her.”

At the scene police found a 9mm bullet cartridge.

The woman’s body was transferred to Kapong Hospital.

“A doctor’s examination revealed that the woman was five months pregnant. There were traces of sperm in her vagina,”said Lt Col Prajak.

“The case is a homicide investigation. We urgently need to identify the victim, as well as catch the killer or killers.

“If anyone has a missing pregnant friend or relative, or thinks they know anything about this tragedy, please contact Kapong Police Station,” he said.

The Kapong Police can be contacted on 076 499104 or 076 449378 Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Body-of-executed-pregnant-woman-found-in-Khao-Sok-National-Park-north-of-Phuket-21898.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-08-08

Nothing is straight forward here, could be a married man under pressure getting his gik pregnant and having to get rid of her, which would make it easier to solve, whatever the case, a bastards act to do that to a pregnant woman, RIP mother and 5 month baby.

it was another case of rape & murder... who ever did this to her they will also suffer the same or more , to their families, wife, daughter, parents and everyone they love.

no just the killer,i doubt it was a family affair,but i understand your anger

it was another case of rape & murder... who ever did this to her they will also suffer the same or more , to their families, wife, daughter, parents and everyone they love.

Around 95% of all murders are commited by someone known to the victim.

Do Phuket police always treat murder cases with urgency? "The Kapong Police can be contacted on 076 499104 or 076 449378 Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm."

Why do you mention Phuket?
Because the posting relates to and the quote made by the Phuket police? Should have thought that was obvious!

Edit: my correction, it appears that Phang Nga police made the quote - not too familiar with that area I hope I can be excused? I hope that Phuket police keep up their good work!

Edited by BrianCR

UPDATE:
Pregnant woman found murdered in Khao Sok identified

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- The pregnant woman who had been shot three times and dumped in Khao Sok National Park last week has been identified by a neighbor, police say.

“After the news was published, one of her neighbors contacted the Kapong Police and was able to identify her,” said Lt Col Prajak Rodkantuk of the Kapong Police Station.

“Her name was Wipa Phothikamol. She was 23 years old and from Udon Thani, living in a rented house in Surat Thani. According to neighbors, she had a married boyfriend there,” Col Prajak said.

Ms Wipa’s body was found by villagers in Khao Sok National Park last Wednesday (story here).

She had been shot in the head and left shoulder and was wounded in the leg. Police estimate she had been dead about 12 hours when she was found.

A 9mm bullet cartridge was found at the scene.

“After she was identified, police contacted her mother in Udon Thani. Her mother said she could not afford to come down to pick up her daughter’s body, so we are trying to find a way to help out,” he said.

The investigation is ongoing, he said.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Kapong Police at 076-499104 or 076-449378, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Pregnant-woman-found-murdered-in-Khao-Sok-identified-21964.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-08-16

Around 95% of all murders are commited by someone known to the victim.

Around 96% of statistics are made up off the top of the head...

• Like 1

The DSI comes to town and publicly announces a crackdown,... the mafia says thank you, and hires their killers in chlidish reaction despair...

Sad, sad, sad,... and truly horrible. What the crap is wrong with Phuket??? No wonder so many people whether Thais or foreigners die on a frequent basis, as if it's a normal way of life in Phuket.

Sad, sad, sad,... and truly horrible. What the crap is wrong with Phuket??? No wonder so many people whether Thais or foreigners die on a frequent basis, as if it's a normal way of life in Phuket.

This happened in Khao Sok, Phang Nga province, bordering with Surat Thani, a 2,5 hours drive from Phuket. Why do you think this has anything to do with Phuket!?

What's wrong with people who have to relate everything that happens in Thailand to Phuket?

This is not a Phuket problem. Crime and murder among Thais is very common in Thailand. Especially outside the major tourist resorts.