What frightens you most here in Thailand

Phronesis

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrified that some of the predictions and assumptions made, mostly made by unqualified laymen, that can be read daily ever come true......rolleyes.gif

It's taken months, but I'm finally beginning to realise that the key to TV is not to take anything seriously, including especially my own posts ......

If someone tells me that he believes Bangkok will be the first city infected in the zombie apocalypse, who am I to contradict such a painstakingly researched prediction ? ;)

• Like 2

Terrified that some of the predictions and assumptions made, mostly made by unqualified laymen, that can be read daily ever come true......rolleyes.gif

It's taken months, but I'm finally beginning to realise that the key to TV is not to take anything seriously, including especially my own posts ......

If someone tells me that he believes Bangkok will be the first city infected in the zombie apocalypse, who am I to contradict such a painstakingly researched prediction ? wink.png

Thank heavens you told us. A timely reminder of the importance of reading all the way to the end.

We heard it here first:

Bangkok to be first city infected with zombie apocalypse. First sightings on stage in Nana Plaza...

SC

What frightens me:

Pollution (I live right near Rama 4 & Sukhumvit and it's disgusting)

Traffic accidents / crossing the road

Getting an illness where I might have to return to the UK for treatment

Otherwise, Thailand is a lot less frightening than London!

• Like 1

On a serious note, the thing that scares me the most is a topic that we are never permitted to discuss. What I hope is that the country stays strong and stable.

Mods, if this comment is a problem, please delete immediately.

Cheers

Beat me to it!

I have the same hopes, along with some others that I couldn't possibly state on this forum. However, I think we all know what is likely to actually happen, and it won't be pretty.

It might also work out for the best. Sometimes, we are surprised by the things we are so certain about, led to those thoughts because of our own fears and ignorance. Rest assured that there is a plan in place and that this is the least of anyone's worries. All will work out best.

I dont live in Thailand, but one thing that really frightens me is not being able to return either due to getting blacklisted by immigration or from major injury. I have no reason to be scared of getting blacklisted, but it's not my country and the government can do or change whatever they want at anytime.

If someone tells me that he believes Bangkok will be the first city infected in the zombie apocalypse, who am I to contradict such a painstakingly researched prediction ? wink.png

Thank heavens you told us. A timely reminder of the importance of reading all the way to the end.

We heard it here first:

Bangkok to be first city infected with zombie apocalypse. First sightings on stage in Nana Plaza...

SC

Plenty of 'zombies' wandering around NEP, SC, but most of them dont actually try to rip your heart from your chest and eat it in front of you. Come the apocalypse, you probably wont have time to thank me, so best you do it now :D

I dont live in Thailand, but one thing that really frightens me is not being able to return either due to getting blacklisted by immigration or from major injury. I have no reason to be scared of getting blacklisted, but it's not my country and the government can do or change whatever they want at anytime.

OK - I'll bite - as a tourist, what precisely would lead to you being banned from entering the country other than a visa or legal issue ? To date, I havent had a single problem getting a tourist visa and all my 30-day 'visa exempt' stays have been completely without issue. If there is an easier way to get a 90-day stay in someone else's country than a trip to Penang and two nights in a hotel, I need to hear about it.

Even though I am not sure if your question is genuine due to the rather erratic talk about carrots and huge boobs, I'll give you my two cents: I'm living in LOS permanently and happily for 22 years now and my answer is that you create your own monsters in the closet and the ghosts that follow you around by your own actions and your very own perspective on life, regardless of where you live.

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

OK - I'll bite - as a tourist, what precisely would lead to you being banned from entering the country other than a visa or legal issue ? To date, I havent had a single problem getting a tourist visa and all my 30-day 'visa exempt' stays have been completely without issue. If there is an easier way to get a 90-day stay in someone else's country than a trip to Penang and two nights in a hotel, I need to hear about it.

The 90 day stamp you receive on arrival in Malaysia?

• Like 1

What frightens me:

• The fright I got when the big floods hit Bangkok thinking how in the hell is this government going to handle the emergency of millions of additional people in trouble in a condensed area when their efforts were less that effective elsewhere. All of the food and water had long gone from supermarkets by that time.
  • The fright I get thinking that if I am ever involved in some issue here the total lack of law and justice will compromise my equal rights and leave me helpless as a foreigner.
  • Drinking in bars in Chalong Pier Road with Australian short timers showing off their trophy shots.

I keep well away from Bangkok and feel very safe.Not realy scared of anything,if i die i die,if i kill someone i kill someone.

10 Years in Pattaya is far safer than cities in the uk,and i feel extremly safe,and only a phone call away from good help.

yeah Pattaya has a lot in common with Stoke does'nt it ? whistling.gif

Stoke has Tesco.

My brother works there

The traffic gets my vote. It's scary the way so many drivers have absolutely no conception of reaction time, and how soon they could stop at 100kmh if they're a metre from your rear bumper.

Red light jumping seems to be a national sport, and I'd certainly wait a few seconds if I was first off when the light turns green.

Finally, I often wonder why paint is wasted, putting zebra crossings in. They seem to be totally ignored.

• Like 2