How to behave in a baht bus

FarangFB

Add:

Pay on the passenger side or you will get smacked by a passing vehicle.

If you're not agile and/or drunk, don't get off before the bus is at a complete standstill. (Seen a few idiots think they can save 2 seconds and go arse over tit.)

• Like 2

Jingthing should approve all Pattaya Baht Bus threads.

Yeah, 20 baht?!?

The fare is TEN baht.

Also, the standing. Some people LIKE to stand. I think it's hazardous. I have already drawn blood on a baht bus. I'm not standing. Period. So there. If there is no space to sit, I'll wait for another one, thank you very much. If someone who should be waiting for a seat gets on the bus to stand, that's THEIR decision.

Also you failed to mention how to deal with the "Mrs. Robinson" type older Russian ladies giving you the horny eye. What's the proper response if not interested?

Edited by Jingthing

Good post.

BB2180, you're a class act blink.png

I dont know you. Lets keep it that way.

So you would give up your seat for "an old fart that can barely stand, a girl on high heels, with kids or carrying something" and go stand on 1 of the plateaus, hanging outside the baht bus.

I don't know you either and I'm not going to visit you in the hospital anyway. Up2U.

• Like 2

Protect your Money..Many petty crimes are like Pick pockets are done on a Baht Bus..

On that note if you see a gang of homely Thai ladies boarding a crowded bus and they're carrying BIG HANDBAGS, and they sit next you, just get off the bus. They're good. It's worth the 10 baht to not try your luck.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

"2- Try your best not to smoke in the baht bus. If you "can't" control it, at least stay on the platform on the back and try to blow the smoke away from the others."

Smoking on bahtbuses is totally illegal and so should not happen at all.

I cant remember the last time I saw anyone do it in Central Pattaya/Jomtien (God knows what happens out in the sticks) but if someone did do it on a bahtbus I was in my finger would be on the driver's bell in seconds and wouldn't come off until the driver had ejected the smoker.

• Like 1

Funny. I see people smoking on baht buses rather frequently. Jomtien to Pattaya run. Yes I mean ON the bus. More often of course on the back. I would not ring the bell for that. In many cases the driver would be very angry at YOU for ringing the bell. Not worth it. There is no way they would kick off smokers.

point #1.

In Pattaya only the lowest common denominator ride baht buses.

Beats the risks of riding a motorbike here.

We hear fatalities ALL the time on bikes.

VERY RARE on the buses. thumbsup.gif

Is that correct? I seem to recall you almost bleeding to death in the wake of one of your baht bus excursions...

Yeah, 20 baht?!?

The fare is TEN baht.

Also, the standing. Some people LIKE to stand. I think it's hazardous. I have already drawn blood on a baht bus. I'm not standing. Period. So there. If there is no space to sit, I'll wait for another one, thank you very much. If someone who should be waiting for a seat gets on the bus to stand, that's THEIR decision.

Also you failed to mention how to deal with the "Mrs. Robinson" type older Russian ladies giving you the horny eye. What's the proper response if not interested?

Today I took a baht bus from Jomtien where half of the passengers paid 20 baht or more . '

First an Australian , first time visitor to Pattaya, told another passenger he already paid 100 baht before he entered . Then this other passenger from UK with his Thai gf , told him that no no the price was 20 baht and he should never pay the driver in advance. 20 baht was the correct fare for foreigners, And he tried to educate the rest of us passengers that the Thais paid half of that .

Really I told him , DO I look like a Thai to you ? I always pay 10 baht .

Then when I left at Central the other passengers I observed paid 20 baht each ......

• Like 1

point #1.

In Pattaya only the lowest common denominator ride baht buses.

Beats the risks of riding a motorbike here.

We hear fatalities ALL the time on bikes.

VERY RARE on the buses. thumbsup.gif

Is that correct? I seem to recall you almost bleeding to death in the wake of one of your baht bus excursions...

Just a flesh wound, snookums.

Yeah, 20 baht?!?

The fare is TEN baht.

Today I took a baht bus from Jomtien where half of the passengers paid 20 baht or more . '

First an Australian , first time visitor to Pattaya, told another passenger he already paid 100 baht before he entered . Then this other passenger from UK with his Thai gf , told him that no no the price was 20 baht and he should never pay the driver in advance. 20 baht was the correct fare for foreigners, And he tried to educate the rest of us passengers that the Thais paid half of that .

Then when I left at Central the other passengers I observed paid 20 baht each ......

Silly tourists. facepalm.gif

I told a Russian guy once who paid 100 baht for a 10 baht fare before I could stop him that the next time he should pay the correct fare 10 baht and the response was ANGER. This has happened more than once. I think twice now before offering friendly advice to tourists on the bus. It's quite often met with hostility and like in your case, not believed.

Edited by Jingthing

Yeah, 20 baht?!?

The fare is TEN baht.

You misunderstood my point.

The 20 baht is just in case you don't have coins, to make easier and faster to get change instead of reaching for you wallet or a mess of baht notes from the cargo short pockets.

Edited by FarangFB
  • Like 1

Yeah, 20 baht?!?

The fare is TEN baht.

Both of those guys are WRONG. Farang and Thai only pay 10 baht each, before it was double pricing here where Thais paid 5 baht and farangs 10. I've never paid more than 10 baht.

• Like 2

Protect your Money..Many petty crimes are like Pick pockets are done on a Baht Bus..

Yep. I've had my pocket pinched recently. The others on the bus said nothing;.blink.png

Luckily i kept the large bills in a Velcro pocket. It was a relatively cheap lessons learned.