Kirsty Jones unsolved Thailand murder: New hope for British detectives

webfact

Justice a distant bell, rarely heard in Thailand!

12 years later, and somebody wakes up. T.I.T.

"There are more than 1,000 unsolved murders in the UK, according to figures obtained by the BBC, some going back several generations. But what happens when the trail goes cold on a homicide?"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8662635.stm

Despite the immense improvements in forensics in the past few decades, the fraction of murders solved has decreased in the United States, from 90% in 1960 to 61% in 2007.[75]Solved murder rates in major U.S. cities varied in 2007 from 36% in Boston, Massachusetts to 76% in San Jose, California.[76]Major factors affecting the arrest rate include witness cooperation[75] and the number of people assigned to investigate the case.[76]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder

Apparently that distant bell is drowned out by the shrill ding dong of pompous xenophobia rung loud by resident farangs from UK and USA T.I.TV

Methinks those British detectives would better serve their taxpayers if they solve a few more crimes closed to home.

Edited by Suradit69

Some people go out of their way to hold on to the pain. I too have lost a son to death and it took a long time to loose the pain but I did nothing to hold on to it. Even at that tears would come to my eyes at times when I thought of him after 7 years.

13 years the killer could be dead by now or perhaps doing a life time sentence.

There comes a time in are lives when we much as we dislike it have to let go of the past and build are own future.

Was your son brutally murdered and the perpetrator helped to escape justice?

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No I had nothing to buffer the loss.

Sorry for your loss but then I don't understand your comment about people going out of their way to hang on to their pain.

Trying to ensure justice for a murdered loved one and fighting entrenched corruption is not some masochistic pursuit and shouldn't be portrayed as such.

• Like 1

Some people go out of their way to hold on to the pain have lost a son to death and it took a long time to loose the pain but I did nothing to hold on to it. Even at that tears would come to my eyes at times when I thought of him after 7 years.

There comes a time in are lives when we much as we dislike it have to let go of the past and build are own future.

Truth is if I remember correctly, that the police know who the killer is, but due to protection, that man could not be charged.. Maybe things have changed..! Maybe pigs will fly !

Hopefully if the Brit police turn up to investigate the BIB will co-operate; but if they think they'll lose face because they were protecting the perpetrator (as many think) it might prove very difficult to unearth him.

12 years later, and somebody wakes up. T.I.T.

"There are more than 1,000 unsolved murders in the UK, according to figures obtained by the BBC, some going back several generations. But what happens when the trail goes cold on a homicide?"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8662635.stm

Despite the immense improvements in forensics in the past few decades, the fraction of murders solved has decreased in the United States, from 90% in 1960 to 61% in 2007.[75]Solved murder rates in major U.S. cities varied in 2007 from 36% in Boston, Massachusetts to 76% in San Jose, California.[76]Major factors affecting the arrest rate include witness cooperation[75] and the number of people assigned to investigate the case.[76]

Apparently that distant bell is drowned out by the shrill ding dong of pompous xenophobia rung loud by resident farangs from UK and USA T.I.TV

Methinks those British detectives would better serve their taxpayers if they solve a few more crimes closed to home.

When British citizens are murdered abroad and then denied justice by corrupt law officials it tends to upset the families in UK. British police have a duty to help find the truth for them. It's not justice but its a step towards it.

• Like 2

Now that some REAL police are involved, something might actually happen

Not in your wildest dreams, first up, English police have absolutely no jurisdiction what-so ever in Thailand and even if they were allowed to undertake any investigation, it would be ham-strung from the word go as there is no reason or kudos in it for the Thai police force.

Pigs will fly and Thai's will keep on killing and raping western girls who travel alone sad.png

Oh please, men raping women is not particular to Thai men. Women everywhere on the planet face this danger. And although the Royal Thai Police are indeed an extreme example of the "thin blue line" protecting its own, that too is not particular to Thailand. If everyone here is so assured about who the murderer in this case may be, then by all means provide the name to the investigators and publish the same of the suspect as well.

• Like 1

Is't the the case were the Thai police tried to frame an English lad, by altering the DNA ?.

So sad,i slightly remember watching a crime watch u.k or another similar program ,where they they said they found a used condom in the room,but it ,s so easy for the guilty person to get a used condom off the many prostitutes in the area,,and all the Thai police and press that were allowed in to take photo,s etc,probably destroyed any DNA evidence and news papers made me sick,saying the the girl was in an 80 baht a night guest house and was probably involved in using heroin,,,this must have made her grieving family furious,,the british press stink more than , mad.gif

Is't the the case were the Thai police tried to frame an English lad, by altering the DNA ?.

So sad,i slightly remember watching a crime watch u.k or another similar program ,where they they said they found a used condom in the room,but it ,s so easy for the guilty person to get a used condom off the many prostitutes in the area,,and all the Thai police and press that were allowed in to take photo,s etc,probably destroyed any DNA evidence and news papers made me sick,saying the the girl was in an 80 baht a night guest house and was probably involved in using heroin,,,this must have made her grieving family furious,,the british press stink more than , mad.gif

Of course that would be possible and I seem to remember there was an allegation that the police had paid a couple of illiterate hill tribesmen to provide them with semen samples to confuse the DNA testing.

The British detectives' earlier investigations in Chiang Mai seemed to suggest a strong possibility of a tourist policeman being the murderer. The cover ups and stonewalling by Chiang Mai police make this a very strong possibility. Thai police rally round to protect even the most lowly bobby on the beat in order to save face and prevent a rogue cop from blowing the whistle on police corruption which is prevalent in every cop shop in the land. There doesn't have to a famous CM family involved, although the one alluded to has a tendency to support the police in all of its heinous criminal undertakings, e.g. the disappearance of Somchai the Southern Muslim lawyer. They are certainly not going to suddenly pull the rug out from under their cop friends in the name of justice for Kirsty. They know that you can do anything to British tourists and they are still dumb enough to keep coming and spending their money.

The DSI is now nothing but a joke, since it became a Gestapo unit tasked with eliminating opposition to the government.

• Like 1

Some people go out of their way to hold on to the pain. I too have lost a son to death and it took a long time to loose the pain but I did nothing to hold on to it. Even at that tears would come to my eyes at times when I thought of him after 7 years.

Sorry for your loss but then I don't understand your comment about people going out of their way to hang on to their pain.

Trying to ensure justice for a murdered loved one and fighting entrenched corruption is not some masochistic pursuit and shouldn't be portrayed as such.

When it keeps the pain alive it is. I had a choice to blame myself or accept the loss and get on with the rest of my life. When I talk of letting go of the pain I am not talking a quick fix.

At the last moment I decided to go visit friends in another town. Instead of going with him to pick up all his belongings he had just moved in with me from a couple of hundred miles away. I was going to be going and as it was a company truck I would have been driving and he would not have had the truck. He had a trailer that jack knifed on him and he hit the speed the proper thing to do but it was to late he wound up in a river and drowned. I could beat myself over it and hang on to the pain but I don't like pain. Even now the pain is gone but every once in a while I miss him. That was 28 years ago.

The loss will never go away but there is no need to keep hanging on to it. It will do that by it's self. People talk of justice how do they know the police will get the rite man. There are innocent people in prison. Makes no difference what a court say's if you are guilty you are guilty if you go into a court room if there is no corruption the only thing you know is that legal will be done not necessarily justice.

"fighting entrenched corruption is not some masochistic pursuit and shouldn't be portrayed as such."

doing it from half way around the world in another country you are not even a citizen in much less aware of the culture is if not a masochistic pursuit it is darn close to it. 13 years and the country is more corrupt than ever. Even if the Brit police find him they have no authority and will have to work through the Thai legal system. The one that lets murders out on bail. If they are connected they don't even bother over them. Check into Chalerm's son. Guilty of murder punishment a government position.

When it keeps the pain alive it is. I had a choice to blame myself or accept the loss and get on with the rest of my life. When I talk of letting go of the pain I am not talking a quick fix.

At the last moment I decided to go visit friends in another town. Instead of going with him to pick up all his belongings he had just moved in with me from a couple of hundred miles away. I was going to be going and as it was a company truck I would have been driving and he would not have had the truck. He had a trailer that jack knifed on him and he hit the speed the proper thing to do but it was to late he wound up in a river and drowned. I could beat myself over it and hang on to the pain but I don't like pain. Even now the pain is gone but every once in a while I miss him. That was 28 years ago.

The loss will never go away but there is no need to keep hanging on to it. It will do that by it's self. People talk of justice how do they know the police will get the rite man. There are innocent people in prison. Makes no difference what a court say's if you are guilty you are guilty if you go into a court room if there is no corruption the only thing you know is that legal will be done not necessarily justice.

"fighting entrenched corruption is not some masochistic pursuit and shouldn't be portrayed as such."

doing it from half way around the world in another country you are not even a citizen in much less aware of the culture is if not a masochistic pursuit it is darn close to it. 13 years and the country is more corrupt than ever. Even if the Brit police   find him they have no authority and will have to work through the Thai legal system. The one that lets murders out on bail. If they are connected they don't even bother over them. Check into Chalerm's son. Guilty of murder punishment a government position.

Sorry but I just don't get how seeking justice for a brutal murder is self inflicted punishment. Too me it is a sense of duty for what is right, simple as that and if it were my daughter it would be a moral task to do everything I could.

Is the murder of an innocent person any less important if they're not in their own country at the time?

What makes you think the British police aren't investigating crimes in their own country?

I don't understand why you've included the wiki link.

• Like 2

In the UK murder cases of murder are not closed until somebody has been convicted. Long may that be the case.

Two UK detectives did visit Chang Mai a few months after the event to assist and and, on leaving after being left out in the cold, had some very uncomplimentary things to say about BIB efficiency and effectiveness.

• Like 1

British police have visited Chiang Mai regarding this case on a number of occasions. It is part of the Chiang Mai police "pretend to bend, show compromise and willingness to co-operate" strategy whilst in reality blocking any progress of the case. They need to do this in order to try to hide the fact they are protecting a rapist and murder of the worst sort.

It really is the appalling side of the Thai patronage system. If you are lucky enough to be born into the right family, you can avoid responsibility for the barbaric sex murder of a young female tourist.

"Police" is really the wrong term here, at least in the way we view this word in the West. "Henchmen" is a better term.

• Like 1

no the police tried to frame a hilltribe tourguide. They kidnapped the poor guy and tried to set him up - but he went public. They also treated several foreigners still as suspects when it was already established that the DNA of the murderer identified him as an Asian male.

Sometimes it seems that the primary objective of the Thai Police force is to bury each and every crime that may show any Thai institution or person 'in a bad light'. Yet my Thai lawyer, after 20 years, continues to insist that the Thai citizen and the foreign businessman or visitor are equal before Thai Law. Go figure, I can't.

Well, let's sit back and have some perspective here. The Thai police have

manage to keep a lid on the murders of the Saudi businessmen as well as a Saudi

diplomat during the fabulous blue diamond affair. And it was proven in

court later the police were DIRECTLY involved in doing the murdering......

So if the clever Thai police can keep that case tucked away forever,

then there is no chance whatsoever of a case involving a murdered backpacker

being solved.....

Welcome to Thailand !!!!!

• Like 1