Best Cured Ham ive had in Thailand

N47HAN

Firstly I Am in no way affiliated or do I stand to gain in anyway from this post !

A friend of mine from Bkk has a friend whos just started selling his own cured ham from Pattaya and he was raving on about it so I asked if he could get his friend to send me some over to Phuket .

Turns out it cost me 500thb for just under a Kilo of ham posted to my door which to be fair I thought was good value.

Anyway it arrived 2 or 3 days later still chilled and it is really good stuff . I will probably only buy ham from him in the future.

Guess the reason for the post is that it is better than any ham ive purchased from a store here and want to recommend the guy for starting up and producing some good quality ham and incase any other members might like to try.

Just google thailand ham .

Nice to find these things sometimes and thought id share

• Like 1

Ems post. Sent with tracking number . Frozen when left pattaya , chilled when arrived here.

Wrapped and boxed .

Actually on my second order now. Only problen my branston pickle bill has gone through the roof . Lol

• Like 2

Ems post. Sent with tracking number . Frozen when left pattaya , chilled when arrived here.

Wrapped and boxed .

Actually on my second order now. Only problen my branston pickle bill has gone through the roof . Lol

I thought you were not allowed to post perishable foods. Also, I thought freezing it would effect the quality of the meat. Anyway, I might give it a try.

Wrapped and boxed .

I get the 2.55 Kg catering size jars from Makro. Lasts ages... smile.png

• Like 1

Wrapped and boxed .

I thought you were not allowed to post perishable foods. Also, I thought freezing it would effect the quality of the meat. Anyway, I might give it a try.

To be fair I was a little surprised with the delivery method , but hey TiT :)

As for the freezing part , doesn't seem to effect it at all .

and good on the guy for bringing top notch ham at good value , hope he does well.

Wrapped and boxed .

Pork handles freezing much better than many foods. Never freeze beef or seafood. Absolutely removes the meat of any flavor, especially seafood.

Just an idea for you.

Why not make your own and then you know exactly how it was made and you can change the recipes to suit yourself.

I do.

Have to agree billd766. Been making my own smoked ham, bacon and sausages for some time now and would not buy these items any more. My daughter loves it and the wife doesn't - except the sausages when I do a batch of spicy Italian.

Do all my smoking in the Weber (look alike) and all the pork from Macro when its at 125 baht per kg.